The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
28 Feb 2022, 3:11pm
tepista wrote:
26 Feb 2022, 5:49pm
Lisa has a lot to learn
That made me laugh hard!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'm watching a new episode right now because I hate myself or something. It isn't good at all—no surprise there—but a lot of the voices sound a bit off. I assume it's because the cast are all in their 80s now, but it's still jarring.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Mar 2022, 8:13pm
I'm watching a new episode right now because I hate myself or something. It isn't good at all—no surprise there—but a lot of the voices sound a bit off. I assume it's because the cast are all in their 80s now, but it's still jarring.
I think all of the POC characters have been recast as well, that might be part of it. Hibbert is Kevin Michael Richardson, and Carl is Alex Desert, if I recall correctly. On top of that, Shearer and Kavner have shredded their voices over the years and are a lot less effective. This is most noticeable with Shearer when he attempts Otto.

I was thinking of checking out the newest season as people have been talking it up, but I assume it's all wishful thinking.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 2:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I think all of the POC characters have been recast as well, that might be part of it. Hibbert is Kevin Michael Richardson, and Carl is Alex Desert, if I recall correctly. On top of that, Shearer and Kavner have shredded their voices over the years and are a lot less effective. This is most noticeable with Shearer when he attempts Otto.

I was thinking of checking out the newest season as people have been talking it up, but I assume it's all wishful thinking.
No, this is distinct from recast voices. Homer, Lisa, and Bart often sounded off to me.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 2:56pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No, this is distinct from recast voices. Homer, Lisa, and Bart often sounded off to me.
Well you shouldn't be watching new ones anyway.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 3:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 2:56pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Well you shouldn't be watching new ones anyway.
Every seven years, like a locust, I emerge to check out a new episode. Then I retreat, satisfied that my suspicions were correct.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Before I die, Jesus, can I have a Christmas Ape cartoon?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 4:44pm
"christmas ape goes to summer camp" sticks in my brain as one of my favorite minor simpsons gags
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 4:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 4:44pm
"christmas ape goes to summer camp" sticks in my brain as one of my favorite minor simpsons gags
It's a throwaway gag, but my brain sees so much absurd potential that I'm sad it doesn't actually exist. I fully believe a "Adventues of Christmas Ape" series would be a zillion times better than the last twenty years of the Simpsons (yes, yes, low bar and all that).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »