The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2021, 8:59pm
Speaking of, this one is a fuckin BANGER:

"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
26 May 2021, 3:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I was sufficiently entertained.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2021, 3:47pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The whole channel is gold. I just found two more that I like even more than that one.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
26 May 2021, 4:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The whole channel is gold. I just found two more that I like even more than that one.
I chuckled mightily. Ali was...not as amused.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
26 May 2021, 5:39pm
Kory wrote:
26 May 2021, 4:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I chuckled mightily. Ali was...not as amused.
See if she likes either of these two, they're the best ones I've found so far, and even a little more musically developed (the "Back to Winnipeg one is also good):

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 8:56am
Jesus that joke is funny but dated.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 8:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Seriously. I thought of it because I saw the name Gerald McRaney today.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:44am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
People getting Major Dad references are like people speaking a dying language. There weren't many to begin with and they are only dwindling.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
People getting Major Dad references are like people speaking a dying language. There weren't many to begin with and they are only dwindling.
I remember trying to use the Cure as an example to explain a concept to my rock class, and as I was talking I could see half the class was humouring comprehension and the other half saw no reason to fake it. The only thing that saved the moment was that I stopped and told them I could tell they thought I was 90 years old.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:54am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I remember trying to use the Cure as an example to explain a concept to my rock class, and as I was talking I could see half the class was humouring comprehension and the other half saw no reason to fake it. The only thing that saved the moment was that I stopped and told them I could tell they thought I was 90 years old.
:lol:

I'm finding it fascinating what pop culture has endured and what hasn't. "California Love" is still one the kids know, but "Tha Crossroads" isn't apparently.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:57am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:54am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:

:lol:

I'm finding it fascinating what pop culture has endured and what hasn't. "California Love" is still one the kids know, but "Tha Crossroads" isn't apparently.
Any historian worth their degree will tell you forecasting historical significance is a mug's game. Books and movies that seem massive at the time can fade away, whereas stuff that was mostly ignored at the time is later discovered and granted great significance. The novels of Jim Thompson, for example. He was cult noir author in his time, but now understood to be a literary giant. We flat out can never tell who or what future generations will find resonates.