The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 17671
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 6:17pm
Kory wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 6:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 10:06am
Never heard of this bit of Simpsons lore: https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/r ... house.html
Those ungrateful swine.
Well, Nevada. :meh:
I'll be there in two weeks, anything you want me to tell them?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 117634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 1:55pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 6:17pm
Kory wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 6:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 10:06am
Never heard of this bit of Simpsons lore: https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/r ... house.html
Those ungrateful swine.
Well, Nevada. :meh:
I'll be there in two weeks, anything you want me to tell them?
Tell them that all those Oceans movies are dumb.
Move over Tom Cruise time for the new fucking blood.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 18894
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: South Londoner in the Midlands.

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Silent Majority »

Learnt from Mike Reiss' book that Sam Simon used his personality defining resentment for Matt Groening getting credit for the Simpsons' success and quality for the premise for Flaming Moe's, where Moe gets credit for Homer's drink. Wonder if the gay joke in the title has something to do with it, too.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 36263
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 5:07am
Learnt from Mike Reiss' book that Sam Simon used his personality defining resentment for Matt Groening getting credit for the Simpsons' success and quality for the premise for Flaming Moe's, where Moe gets credit for Homer's drink. Wonder if the gay joke in the title has something to do with it, too.
I was "reading this post" old when I realized flaming Moe's is also a gay joke.

In any case, I admire when resentment leads to good comedy.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Sparky
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4714
Joined: 01 Dec 2020, 5:31pm
Location: Left Of The Dial

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Sparky »

Flex wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 7:54am
Silent Majority wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 5:07am
Learnt from Mike Reiss' book that Sam Simon used his personality defining resentment for Matt Groening getting credit for the Simpsons' success and quality for the premise for Flaming Moe's, where Moe gets credit for Homer's drink. Wonder if the gay joke in the title has something to do with it, too.
I was "reading this post" old when I realized flaming Moe's is also a gay joke.

In any case, I admire when resentment leads to good comedy.
Call me naive, but I recall seeing this episode and not getting the joke until years later as well.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 18894
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: South Londoner in the Midlands.

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 7:54am
Silent Majority wrote:
05 Jun 2024, 5:07am
Learnt from Mike Reiss' book that Sam Simon used his personality defining resentment for Matt Groening getting credit for the Simpsons' success and quality for the premise for Flaming Moe's, where Moe gets credit for Homer's drink. Wonder if the gay joke in the title has something to do with it, too.
I was "reading this post" old when I realized flaming Moe's is also a gay joke.

In any case, I admire when resentment leads to good comedy.
It only clicked with me when I used to listen to the DVD audio commentary, so I doubt I'd have sussed it on my own.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 117634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've never come across any of this: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatch ... -1.7225686
Move over Tom Cruise time for the new fucking blood.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 26184
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Simpsons

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 6:28am
I've never come across any of this: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatch ... -1.7225686
Interesting article. Love the idea of a "slackers list".

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 26184
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra

Re: The Simpsons

Post by revbob »


Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 117634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Move over Tom Cruise time for the new fucking blood.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 117634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Image
Move over Tom Cruise time for the new fucking blood.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 17671
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 3:18pm
Image
I used Jay's version of this in a semi-philosophical conversation the other day.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 117634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 1:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 3:18pm
Image
I used Jay's version of this in a semi-philosophical conversation the other day.
Did your opposite concede?
Move over Tom Cruise time for the new fucking blood.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 17671
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 1:57pm
Kory wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 1:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 3:18pm
Image
I used Jay's version of this in a semi-philosophical conversation the other day.
Did your opposite concede?
They laughed, which is all I really needed for validation. Although I'm really more of a Camus guy in general so I wasn't really pleading my own case with it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 117634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Straight Banana, Idaho

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 2:05pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 1:57pm
Kory wrote:
24 Jun 2024, 1:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jun 2024, 3:18pm
Image
I used Jay's version of this in a semi-philosophical conversation the other day.
Did your opposite concede?
They laughed, which is all I really needed for validation. Although I'm really more of a Camus guy in general so I wasn't really pleading my own case with it.
I was in a seminar once when a guy referred to Al-burt Kay-muss. I didn't care for the guy but still felt really awkward for him.
Move over Tom Cruise time for the new fucking blood.

Post Reply