The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Spiff »

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:I like the episode where Elizabeth Montgomery flaunted her giant 70's areolas and danced with wedding apes to the superior New Order tunes. Jimmy Carter.
Best Hoy post ever*

*Grading on a curve.
The superfluous apostrophe ruined it for me.

Anyway, I suggest "Springfield Monorail" -- "I call the big one Bitey!"
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

My offhand personal favorites (no real order or sense to them, and I'm just spitballing, so I'll probably forget a lot):

Last Exit to Springfield
Marge Vs. the Monorail
A Streetcar Named Marge
Homer Goes to College
Rosebud
You Only Move Twice
The Radioactive Man Movie
Bart on the Road
Cape Feare
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

wmhp
Junco Partner

Post by wmhp »

Bart the Daredevil.

Could watch this once a day. everyday.

Homer thinking his talk with Bart has changed his mind as we see Bart casually escaping from the house.
Homer showing his love for his family by doing something totally fucking mental
his joy when he thinks hes made the jump is classic... followed by the funniest couple of minutes in any Simpsons episode.

I like small parts of others..Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?...Dead Putting Society...Homer's Triple Bypass..and the ones mentioned here...but this is my fav.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

wmhp wrote:Bart the Daredevil.

Could watch this once a day. everyday.

Homer thinking his talk with Bart has changed his mind as we see Bart casually escaping from the house.
Homer showing his love for his family by doing something totally fucking mental
his joy when he thinks hes made the jump is classic... followed by the funniest couple of minutes in any Simpsons episode.
Homer's fall(s) down the gorge are a bit of a turning point for the show. Prior to that, the creators did not want cartoon physics, a la Warner Bros, to get into the scripts. The show didn't fully embrace cartoon physics afterwards, but you did see characters take a hell of a lot more physical abuse and injury and walk away just fine.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

wmhp
Junco Partner

Post by wmhp »

I think this applies to Homer only.
see 'Homerpalooza'
or 'The Homer They Fall'

You Only Move Twice... has not been mentioned and should be.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

wmhp wrote:You Only Move Twice... has not been mentioned and should be.
Wolter mentioned it. Perhaps the last undeniable classic of the series. The wife doesn't know the reference, but sometimes when she asks me about my day, I'll mumble, "I tackled a loafer at work today."
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Perhaps the last undeniable classic of the series.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Homer's Phobia, Poochie, Grade School Confidential (Skinner and Krabappel Get Together) and Homer's Enemy came after.

I'd say Lisa's Sax is the last undeniable classic.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Perhaps the last undeniable classic of the series.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Homer's Phobia, Poochie, Grade School Confidential (Skinner and Krabappel Get Together) and Homer's Enemy came after.

I'd say Lisa's Sax is the last undeniable classic.
Okay, I'm obviously fucked in the head regarding episode order. I thought that it was well after Poochie and Frank Grimes.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote: Okay, I'm obviously fucked in the head regarding episode order. I thought that it was well after Poochie and Frank Grimes.
I thought you were just spraying purple contempt over some greats, because your standards are just that high.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: Okay, I'm obviously fucked in the head regarding episode order. I thought that it was well after Poochie and Frank Grimes.
I thought you were just spraying purple contempt over some greats, because your standards are just that high.
My standards have never been high; usually just indefensible.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

"You were in The Blue Lagoon, and I'm a blue haired goon."

Watched that ep on dvd last night and that line might have made me laugh the hardest.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:"You were in The Blue Lagoon, and I'm a blue haired goon."

Watched that ep on dvd last night and that line might have made me laugh the hardest.
"That's terrible!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote: Bart on the Road
I love this one, and also "Lemon of Troy," mostly because I love any episode featuring the Nelson/Martin dynamic.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
I love this one, and also "Lemon of Troy," mostly because I love any episode featuring the Nelson/Martin dynamic.
"Look fellows! The first snapdragon of spring!"
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Kory wrote:
"Look fellows! The first snapdragon of spring!"
Team Discovery Channel!