The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Simpsons

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 3:39pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 3:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 3:01pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 2:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 11:34am

He told me he has seen this already, nerd.
In all fairness, it was I who added the nerd part. :shifty:
For half a second there I thought I wasn't a nerd … and then it all came crashing back to earth again.
Yesterday you thought you were a crud. Then you saw The Sex Pistols and became a king and decided to move into the future. Where you became a nerd.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 4:54pm
Yesterday you thought you were a crud. Then you saw The Sex Pistols and became a king and decided to move into the future. Where you became a nerd.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Apr 2020, 11:02am
Is this final proof of where Springfield is

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
03 Apr 2020, 2:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
No, because Skinner said steamed hams is an Albany expression.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Apr 2020, 2:11pm
Kory wrote:
03 Apr 2020, 2:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
No, because Skinner said steamed hams is an Albany expression.
Oh shit, that's right.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Last night, feeling a mite masochistic and curious, I watched an episode of the Simpsons (season 31, I believe). I missed the first five minutes or so, but it involved the family going to Portland, OR, because Marge became a lesbian lumberjill. It was terrible. It was so … old. The humour, as it were, was rooted in pointing out things we should know about Portland and then suggest we should giggle. Look, indie movies and coffee shops and craft beer—ha ha ha. Alan Smithee-level awful.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Got Disney + the other day and starting from scratch with this (again). Itching to be on season 4 already though, the first few aren't bad I suppose but, especially with season 1, the characters are not (understandably) confident in their roles and the animation is obviously of its time. Some decent episodes in there though, Simpson and Delilah one in particular.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BitterTom wrote:
27 Apr 2020, 4:57pm
Got Disney + the other day and starting from scratch with this (again). Itching to be on season 4 already though, the first few aren't bad I suppose but, especially with season 1, the characters are not (understandably) confident in their roles and the animation is obviously of its time. Some decent episodes in there though, Simpson and Delilah one in particular.
One thing that tends to get overlooked about the first season is the delicious nastiness. If the writing wasn't as bang-bang-bang clever as the golden era, the show had a snark in that first season that it abandoned.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BitterTom wrote:
That's what my son is doing. He's just about to start season 10. That's where it starts to go downhill, right? He probably won't notice since he's 10, but still.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 Apr 2020, 5:20pm
BitterTom wrote:
That's what my son is doing. He's just about to start season 10. That's where it starts to go downhill, right? He probably won't notice since he's 10, but still.
He's past golden era, but season 10 is still fairly watchable. After that, you'll be able to pinpoint the second when his heart rips in half.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

JennyB wrote:
27 Apr 2020, 5:20pm
BitterTom wrote:
I always thought it was good until around season 16 then they got sloppier.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 7:59am
Such a nice aesthetic.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 8:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Apr 2020, 7:59am
Such a nice aesthetic.
I can watch the George C. Scott version over and over and over.