The Simpsons

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The Simpsons

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 3:29pm
JennyB wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 3:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 2:20pm
Kory wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 2:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 5:24pm
Was this a reference to Seinfeld's girlfriend?
I always assumed it was as it's a pretty uncommon name.
I mean, it's a common name for 70-year-old Israeli women, but I always thought the same. Also, I say this to VH, jr. all the time.
:lol: Your awesome-mom cred just keeps going up.
Shrug.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 3:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 2:20pm
Kory wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 2:07pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Aug 2022, 5:24pm
Was this a reference to Seinfeld's girlfriend?
I always assumed it was as it's a pretty uncommon name.
I mean, it's a common name for 70-year-old Israeli women, but I always thought the same. Also, I say this to VH, jr. all the time.
Awesome

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 2:33pm
Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 11:55am

Started listening to this. Good first episode. Embarrassingly in tune with my interests which, Ghost World like, I see as a negative.
Started listening to Oakley this morning. Definitely love the premise, but I'm not yet hooked on the execution. I do like the sorta-fourth-wall Nixon narrator, tho.
I got into it more as it went along, haven't yet finished. My favourite part so far was JFK on LSD talking to himself/God. That's a new thing. Impressive use of the people alive at the time, really good research.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

This just makes laugh everytime. Classic Homer.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 2:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Started listening to this. Good first episode. Embarrassingly in tune with my interests which, Ghost World like, I see as a negative.
Started listening to Oakley this morning. Definitely love the premise, but I'm not yet hooked on the execution. I do like the sorta-fourth-wall Nixon narrator, tho.
I got into it more as it went along, haven't yet finished. My favourite part so far was JFK on LSD talking to himself/God. That's a new thing. Impressive use of the people alive at the time, really good research.
Finished listening this morning. Enjoyed it more as things developed. No real jokes per se, just running with an absurd premise. The Nixon stuff was best for me—his desperation to get back in the game pushing him to manage a pizza place on the moon, telling the dog to shut up everytime it barks. Ridiculous but it does get at his essential character. I may have missed it, but was there an explanation for why Bobby isn't in the narrative?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2022, 12:33pm
Silent Majority wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 2:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Finished listening this morning. Enjoyed it more as things developed. No real jokes per se, just running with an absurd premise. The Nixon stuff was best for me—his desperation to get back in the game pushing him to manage a pizza place on the moon, telling the dog to shut up everytime it barks. Ridiculous but it does get at his essential character. I may have missed it, but was there an explanation for why Bobby isn't in the narrative?
Finished the other day. No, I don't think I caught a mention of Bobby either. Unwound very pleasingly on the whole.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

He really was perfectly cast for Poochie, it was really the writers' fault that he wasn't welcomed by children.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 2:58pm
He really was perfectly cast for Poochie, it was really the writers' fault that he wasn't welcomed by children.
Bringing Poochie back is the only way I'd watch a new episode.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:00pm
Kory wrote:
Unfortunately, we all know what happened to him.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 3:00pm
Kory wrote:
Unfortunately, we all know what happened to him.
The Jackal might have cloned him and that's who died.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Ever since reading that description of Homer as a big dog, I've had this run thru my mind:

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Aug 2022, 8:05pm
Ever since reading that description of Homer as a big dog, I've had this run thru my mind:
youtube.com/watch?v=UFxN9Ti9PZM&ab_channel=KuoteHub
Holy shit so perfect
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just looked up the episode that's from: "Bart Carny" written by John Swartzwelder. Who is the guy who says Homer is a big dog. So it all totally checks out.