Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Funny sketch comedy that's funny

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 2:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 1:06pm
revbob wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 12:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 4:33pm
I was thinking about a kid I went to school with. He was pretty slow and dopey, but he'd try to cover it up by dropping big words into sentences. Which made me think of one of my favourite KitH sketches:

I love some of the minor touches, such as "your good lady wife." Such a strange and formal phrase for a ridiculous situation.
I was interviewing a person today and it was going well and then he dropped an ascertain where it didn't really belong.
So you just didn't appreciate his ascertaination.
He wasn't able to delineate between something he was trying to understand and something he was trying to accomplish.
I'd have a hard time not asking about his good lady wife.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 3:36pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 4:33pm
I was thinking about a kid I went to school with. He was pretty slow and dopey, but he'd try to cover it up by dropping big words into sentences. Which made me think of one of my favourite KitH sketches:

I love some of the minor touches, such as "your good lady wife." Such a strange and formal phrase for a ridiculous situation.
I was interviewing a person today and it was going well and then he dropped an ascertain where it didn't really belong.
He wasn't able to delineate between something he was trying to understand and something he was trying to accomplish.
I as trying to maintain that professional facade.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 3:48pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

You're old, you old man.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 4:23pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You're old, you old man.
Fucking ageist.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 4:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 4:23pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

You're old, you old man.
Fucking ageist.
Just telling it like it is, like all respectable tough guys.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

This is mainly for Doc. Without looking at the guy in this video, listen to his voice and tell me who it sounds like.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 9:52am
This is mainly for Doc. Without looking at the guy in this video, listen to his voice and tell me who it sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u_5fFKOc0g

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 9:58am
revbob wrote:

Yes! It took me a while to connect the two because it is so out of context .

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 2:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I was pretty quick to think of Bruce McCulloch, but it took me a bit to narrow down which character.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 3:05pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I was pretty quick to think of Bruce McCulloch, but it took me a bit to narrow down which character.
So this guy does weather reports sometimes on the local NPR station. So it is sometimes in the background or Im driving or something and I would hear the voice and Id be all "I know that voice" but the daily noise would get in the way. Then it came to me one night when I couldn't sleep. That's my brain at work.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 3:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 3:05pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

So this guy does weather reports sometimes on the local NPR station. So it is sometimes in the background or Im driving or something and I would hear the voice and Id be all "I know that voice" but the daily noise would get in the way. Then it came to me one night when I couldn't sleep. That's my brain at work.
"This one time, in Montpelier, it snowed? And all the wolves came to town to play poker! Also, you'll need sunscreen because of the high UV. That's because the clouds have a holiday."

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Wife and I have watched about 30 eps of In Living Color over the past week and a half, man, that shit was pollitically incorrect. And I love it. Half the sketches would get "hashtagged" taday.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 6:43pm
Wife and I have watched about 30 eps of In Living Color over the past week and a half, man, that shit was pollitically incorrect. And I love it. Half the sketches would get "hashtagged" taday.
I wonder if that's why it's not on any of the comedy channels these days (I can't recall the last time I saw it on tv).

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 6:56pm
tepista wrote:
I wonder if that's why it's not on any of the comedy channels these days (I can't recall the last time I saw it on tv).
we're getting it on TV-ONE, which is my go-to for Sanford & Son reruns
https://tvone.tv
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 7:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2021, 6:56pm
tepista wrote:
we're getting it on TV-ONE, which is my go-to for Sanford & Son reruns
https://tvone.tv
That's all free? I'd have to use a VPN to access it, but just checking to see whether I'd have to pay to come for Elizabeth.