Quiz Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Quiz Thread

Post by Kimmelweck »

Not sure if this quiz has previously appeared in this thread. I found myself guessing on most of them. 11/18

Who said it: Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana or Foghorn Leghorn?

https://www.nola.com/opinions/article_d ... 15685.html
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

14/18. I thought I'd kick serious ass because I so love Foghorn Leghorn—my favourite WB character—but I second-guessed myself too much.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

9/18, but I made a comeback just to get to .500, I think I missed like 6 or 7 in a row in the early stages.

That reminds me, wife and I watched season 1 of Justified a month or so ago, thinking there might be a "hidden gem" of a show in there for us. It was mediocre, but man, that show never went 5 minutes without a hillbillyism similar to the ones in the quiz above. I tell ya it was cornier than grannies possum pie at the Thanksgiving Day hoedown.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 6:55pm
That reminds me, wife and I watched season 1 of Justified a month or so ago, thinking there might be a "hidden gem" of a show in there for us. It was mediocre, but man, that show never went 5 minutes without a hillbillyism similar to the ones in the quiz above. I tell ya it was cornier than grannies possum pie at the Thanksgiving Day hoedown.
I've thought of checking that out because the few places I've seen Olyphant, I've liked him.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 7:06pm
tepista wrote:
I've thought of checking that out because the few places I've seen Olyphant, I've liked him.
It's basically an excuse for him to be charming for an hour. He shoots a lot of people, but always.....wait for it.....justified.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 7:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 7:06pm
tepista wrote:
It's basically an excuse for him to be charming for an hour. He shoots a lot of people, but always.....wait for it.....justified.
Finally, a tv show that validates what cops do!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

13/18

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 6:25pm
Not sure if this quiz has previously appeared in this thread. I found myself guessing on most of them. 11/18

Who said it: Senator John Kennedy of Louisiana or Foghorn Leghorn?

https://www.nola.com/opinions/article_d ... 15685.html
15/18 and I consider myself a huge fan of the Looney Toons stuff, but I too had to guess on a few of them.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

tepista wrote:
9/18, but I made a comeback just to get to .500, I think I missed like 6 or 7 in a row in the early stages.

Hello,

I think you mean Granny's corn bread - maybe corn pone. Possum pie doesn't have much corn.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

gkbill wrote:
17 Mar 2022, 10:00pm
tepista wrote:

Hello,

I think you mean Granny's corn bread - maybe corn pone. Possum pie doesn't have much corn.
But my granny puts too much corn in everything. Anyone south of a tire swing on a Carolina Pine knows that! ;)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Answering one of those questions has put me on PETA's targeted-for-death list. Thanks, man.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

33/40. I actually knew most of the artists but I didn't recognize some of their pics.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
04 May 2022, 12:50pm
33/40. I actually knew most of the artists but I didn't recognize some of their pics.
Yeah that was true for the couple I missed

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

40/40 far too easy.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.