Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Shows You Aren't Watching that Rule

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 7:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 7:30pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 7:17pm
Most recent series I watched was Troppo, which was on Freevee. A crime drama set in the wilds of North Queensland, Australia. Loved it. Think there’s only been one season so far (came out last year), which I binge-watched over 2 days a few months ago. Anyone else seen it?

My eldest sister lives in Australia and is always recommending these drunky Aussie series. I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't mentioned it to me, but it didn't sink in.
I’m way behind on watching this kind of series (not necessarily just Aussie but any series since Breaking Bad) and I've missed so many of them. My favorite is still Lilyhammer (with Steven van Zandt – shame it was cancelled after 3 seasons), which I’ve been meaning to track down on dvd for a while now to rewatch it. But I stumbled on Troppo one night and was instantly hooked. Hope there’s another season.
I'm really incurious for new tv series. Either the Boss finds them or, like, people here recommended it four years ago.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 8:08pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Most recent series I watched was Troppo, which was on Freevee. A crime drama set in the wilds of North Queensland, Australia. Loved it. Think there’s only been one season so far (came out last year), which I binge-watched over 2 days a few months ago. Anyone else seen it?

My eldest sister lives in Australia and is always recommending these drunky Aussie series. I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't mentioned it to me, but it didn't sink in.
I’m way behind on watching this kind of series (not necessarily just Aussie but any series since Breaking Bad) and I've missed so many of them. My favorite is still Lilyhammer (with Steven van Zandt – shame it was cancelled after 3 seasons), which I’ve been meaning to track down on dvd for a while now to rewatch it. But I stumbled on Troppo one night and was instantly hooked. Hope there’s another season.
I'm really incurious for new tv series. Either the Boss finds them or, like, people here recommended it four years ago.
I’m the same way. I mostly ignore them and don’t want to commit the time. I still haven’t watched any Andor or even Mandalorian. I liked Troppo a lot though.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 8:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

I’m the same way. I mostly ignore them and don’t want to commit the time. I still haven’t watched any Andor or even Mandalorian. I liked Troppo a lot though.
I'm fairly similar, not hugely up on tv unless it's a star trek series. I've gotten plenty of recommendations from this very thread (watching Yellowjackets now) but the missus is much more up to speed on such things. Id rather watch a movie than a TV series almost any time, but I've learned I have to advocate for myself a bit or inevitably we'll end up with some sort of police procedural or true crime show.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

Both of those Star Wars series are good, Boba Fett less so, Obi-Wan Kenobi a definite skip (kinda feel bad for Ewen McGregor that he keeps getting lame Star Wars even tho he's not bad in any of them). The Boys is fanfuckingtastic if you haven't seen it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 9:05pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Both of those Star Wars series are good, Boba Fett less so, Obi-Wan Kenobi a definite skip (kinda feel bad for Ewen McGregor that he keeps getting lame Star Wars even tho he's not bad in any of them). The Boys is fanfuckingtastic if you haven't seen it.
My bro has been trying to get me to watch Andor and Mandalorian. I’ll probably check them out. Haven't seen The Boys but I'll probably watch that too at some point, if, like, it takes me no effort to find it. :mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kimmelweck wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 9:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 9:05pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

My bro has been trying to get me to watch Andor and Mandalorian. I’ll probably check them out. Haven't seen The Boys but I'll probably watch that too at some point, if, like, it takes me no effort to find it. :mrgreen:
The Boys is great. Andor and Mandalorian are good, Andor being the better of the two.