Jeopardy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Jeopardy

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:20am
JennyB wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 12:10pm
Mimi wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 11:16am
Joe Buck is going to host Jeopardy, putting him in the running for a permanent position. I'll stop watching if he gets it.
Ugh. Maybe they can next try George Zimmerman or Gary Glitter.
Everyone in St. Louis is so excited about this. I, decidedly, am not.
I thought everyone hated Joe Buck? I have never heard a not awful thing about him.
People here have their blinders on because of his dad. What I don't understand is that they should dislike him MORE because his dad was so great. Does that make sense?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:28am
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 11:16am
Joe Buck is going to host Jeopardy, putting him in the running for a permanent position. I'll stop watching if he gets it.
I thought everyone hated Joe Buck? I have never heard a not awful thing about him.
People here have their blinders on because of his dad. What I don't understand is that they should dislike him MORE because his dad was so great. Does that make sense?
Because he seems bad in comparison?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:30am
JennyB wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Right - I think someone on here said that Joe couldn't carry his dad's spit bucket and should be nowhere near a microphone.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:31am
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Right - I think someone on here said that Joe couldn't carry his dad's spit bucket and should be nowhere near a microphone.
Jack Buck sounded like he loved his job, that he loved calling a game because he loved what was happening. Joe Buck is pure smarm, like he's better than it all. He's as phony sounding as anyone in the business.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:55am
JennyB wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:31am
matedog wrote:
JennyB wrote:
matedog wrote:

Jack Buck sounded like he loved his job, that he loved calling a game because he loved what was happening. Joe Buck is pure smarm, like he's better than it all. He's as phony sounding as anyone in the business.
Exactly.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Random Jeopardy memory that just popped up: There was a contestant—this was anywhere from, like, 15–25 years ago—who during the Q & A said that he was once in a punk band and that his stage name was Vomit Government. Alex handled it with a mild chuckle. Pretty sure the guy didn't win the game, but he won the Q & A.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 11:08am
Random Jeopardy memory that just popped up: There was a contestant—this was anywhere from, like, 15–25 years ago—who during the Q & A said that he was once in a punk band and that his stage name was Vomit Government. Alex handled it with a mild chuckle. Pretty sure the guy didn't win the game, but he won the Q & A.
He certainly did.

Someone who had a great run on J! was Jackie Fox, AKA Jackie Fuchs from the Runaways. I've actually become friendly with her via a "Women of Jeopardy!" Facebook page I'm a member of. She's cool as hell. Does NOT have great things to say about Joan Jett.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 10:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He certainly did.

Someone who had a great run on J! was Jackie Fox, AKA Jackie Fuchs from the Runaways. I've actually become friendly with her via a "Women of Jeopardy!" Facebook page I'm a member of. She's cool as hell. Does NOT have great things to say about Joan Jett.
:sad:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 10:32am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He certainly did.

It's because Joan took Kim Fowler's side in the rape allegations, which, TBH, doesn't surprise me. I feel like Joan is a feminist when it suits her and her only.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He certainly did.

I'm not shocked.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 10:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He certainly did.

It's because Joan took Kim Fowler's side in the rape allegations, which, TBH, doesn't surprise me. I feel like Joan is a feminist when it suits her and her only.
Yeah, I know. It sucks how many cool people age into shitheads. At least, like, Gene Simmons was always a ratfuck.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 12:04pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He certainly did.

Yeah, I know. It sucks how many cool people age into shitheads. At least, like, Gene Simmons was always a ratfuck.
You kind of have to respect that. Kind of.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 1:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Apr 2021, 12:04pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

He certainly did.

You kind of have to respect that. Kind of.
That aspect of the attitude, yes. I can never be disappointed by Gene Simmons.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

File under: Oh fuck off with your complaints.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/jeopardy-view ... 15308.html

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

So this new guy on Jeopardy. He's pretty cool and doesn't seem like a jerk like a lot of winners do, but I wish he'd lose. The game isn't fun anymore when it's so one-sided, at least for me it isn't.