Jeopardy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Jeopardy

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 11:02am
So this new guy on Jeopardy. He's pretty cool and doesn't seem like a jerk like a lot of winners do, but I wish he'd lose. The game isn't fun anymore when it's so one-sided, at least for me it isn't.
I haven't been able to watch because it's on the same station as the Olympics, but I hear he's a monster. As long as he's not a huge turd like Holzhauer, I'm cool.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 11:21am
Mimi wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 11:02am
So this new guy on Jeopardy. He's pretty cool and doesn't seem like a jerk like a lot of winners do, but I wish he'd lose. The game isn't fun anymore when it's so one-sided, at least for me it isn't.
I haven't been able to watch because it's on the same station as the Olympics, but I hear he's a monster. As long as he's not a huge turd like Holzhauer, I'm cool.
He is. He goes right for the high numbers and somehow manages to find all the daily doubles and then bets a true daily double and then actually nails it. The other two contestants look sad. The camera only pans over to them to show the audience that yes, there are other contestants and they're losing big time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Safe prediction: People will look back on the whole host "controversy" and be baffled and embarrassed by how much heated discussion in generated. As in, it's a game show. That's it, a game show. And people watch it mostly for the content and competition, not the host. The whole competition thing was a fun gimmick, but it's ended up giving credence to the madness of crowds the way the media and audiences are treating/maintaining it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 9:22am
Safe prediction: People will look back on the whole host "controversy" and be baffled and embarrassed by how much heated discussion in generated. As in, it's a game show. That's it, a game show. And people watch it mostly for the content and competition, not the host. The whole competition thing was a fun gimmick, but it's ended up giving credence to the madness of crowds the way the media and audiences are treating/maintaining it.
I don't think it's as big a deal as they're making it out to be, but I find it highly distasteful that the producer is now the host after all they've done.

Not that it matters, but I thought Aaron Rodgers was the best and Mayim Biyalik was a close second. As much as everyone loved and wanted LeVar Burton to be it, I was sorely disappointed in his performance.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 10:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't think it's as big a deal as they're making it out to be, but I find it highly distasteful that the producer is now the host after all they've done.

Not that it matters, but I thought Aaron Rodgers was the best and Mayim Biyalik was a close second. As much as everyone loved and wanted LeVar Burton to be it, I was sorely disappointed in his performance.
I'm just upset about yet another mediocre white man giving himself the job, especially considering the accusations against him that have come to light.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It was, in the end, a gimmick, not a true competition. I suspect he basically had the job from the start but they kept their options open enough to see if someone would wow, but it was mostly to create hype for ratings. And it worked.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 10:26am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'm just upset about yet another mediocre white man giving himself the job, especially considering the accusations against him that have come to light.
Yes! Why did I forget to put that in there? Cobwebs in the brain parts. Anyway, but all the coverage went to Mayim Biyalik and her problematic beliefs.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 10:32am
JennyB wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 10:26am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yes! Why did I forget to put that in there? Cobwebs in the brain parts. Anyway, but all the coverage went to Mayim Biyalik and her problematic beliefs.
Yep.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2021, 10:32am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It was, in the end, a gimmick, not a true competition. I suspect he basically had the job from the start but they kept their options open enough to see if someone would wow, but it was mostly to create hype for ratings. And it worked.
Maybe, but for wishy-washy fans like me, it failed. I doubt I'll watch the show now. Stupid. I know. (but not really considering the new host's past behavior) But I'm one who feels the host makes or breaks the show just as much as the guests.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Mimi wrote:
As much as everyone loved and wanted LeVar Burton to be it, I was sorely disappointed in his performance.
he got overly excited on every correct answer. Yeeeeeeeees! I felt like I was watching Here's Lucy
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 10:41am
He's gone.
https://www.npr.org/2021/08/20/10296507 ... steps-down
Dr. Oz is still alive!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 10:55am
Mimi wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 10:41am
He's gone.
Dr. Oz is still alive!
Levar Burton said: :angry:

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

they finally found that tape of him saying the n word during his standup, huh? :shifty:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It is kinda funny that corporations are hyper PR conscious towards the liberal/left side of political correctness, yet apparently do cursory vetting for skeletons. It's going to happen regardless, whether from journalists or amateurs, and if they dig up something bad, the company looks like a bunch of boobs. Like, this guy's cv must mention his podcast, so didn't Sony think to have an intern sample some episodes to see if there are bombs to go off when someone else checks them out? If they worry about the pr, put in the resources to make sure you don't get bit.