Jeopardy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Jeopardy

Post by JennyB »

I made it! I posted on Facebook earlier, but for the luddites like Dr. M, I wanted to post here too. So, this morning I get called into my supervisor's office. At first, I thought I was getting fired (you know, for all of those "doctor appointments" and "meetings" and "webinars" I've had recently). She told me that she had nominated me for a United Way Child Abuse Hero of the Year award, and that I won. So I followed her into the upstairs lobby where one of the local newscasters is sitting there with a cameraman. I didn't think anything of it since this particular newscaster is very involved in community programs -- in fact, I had met her before through Stray Rescue. Anyway, she starts asking me about CAPP and what we do, and then says, "Oh, by the way, you didn't get an award, you are going to be on Jeopardy!" She interviewed me and asked me what my worst category is (Poetry) and then quizzed me. I only got one out of the four right. So now I am off to buy Poetry for Dummies. The interview is going to be online next week, so I will post a link. I will also let you know when I am going to be on. I know I don't have a chance in hell of winning, but I am real excited to have this experience.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Jeopardy

Post by Heston »

Great news and well done. I'm pretty sure you have a chance of winning, just remember us when you're famous.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:Great news and well done. I'm pretty sure you have a chance of winning, just remember us when you're famous.
I'm trying to think of a way of incorporating you guys into my interview. Maybe I'll talk about this theory that We Built This City is rock's most subversive song.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

JennyB is on Jeopardy. What is great news?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Holy fuck, that's fantastic. A Jew on tv—who'd have thunk it. :kiss:

If there's anything I can do to help prep, do not hesitate for one second to ask.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

This Yiddish phrase is used to express "congratulations" for a happy and significant occasion or event.

What is mazel tov!

Woo hoo, Jenny! You'll do just great, I know it!

I'm expecting you to work in a Clash reference during your chit chat with Alex. :shifty:
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Inder likes this.

Congrats + knock 'em dead, JB!

Colin
Junco Partner

Post by Colin »

Good luck! I'm very very jealous.
Everyone and everything that wasn't a stupendous badass was dead.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Good luck! You'll knock 'em dead, I'm sure.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote: She told me that she had nominated me for a United Way Child Abuse Hero of the Year award, and that I won. So I followed her into the upstairs lobby where one of the local newscasters is sitting there with a cameraman. I didn't think anything of it since this particular newscaster is very involved in community programs -- in fact, I had met her before through Stray Rescue. Anyway, she starts asking me about CAPP and what we do, and then says, "Oh, by the way, you didn't get an award, you are going to be on Jeopardy!"
Yeah, you didn't abuse nearly enough children to win the United Way Child Abuse Hero of the Year award. Next year try harder.

Congrats on the other thing though. ;)
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Thanks guys. If anyone could give me a crash course on poetry and Greek mythology, I will punch Hoy for you.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:Thanks guys. If anyone could give me a crash course on poetry and Greek mythology, I will punch Hoy for you.
Every day in the quizword I do, there's always a bloody Greek mythology question. It's made-up shit FFS, stop asking me questions about imaginary people and events!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
JennyB wrote:Thanks guys. If anyone could give me a crash course on poetry and Greek mythology, I will punch Hoy for you.
Every day in the quizword I do, there's always a bloody Greek mythology question. It's made-up shit FFS, stop asking me questions about imaginary people and events!
Exactly.
Got a Rake? Sure!

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Congrats! Make as many IMCT references as you can.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

It's all basically Korngold. Trebek will pretend not to know what you're talking about, but I have no doubt that he knows.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft