The Gen X Thread: Older, Fatter, Still Alienated

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The Gen X Thread: Older, Fatter, Still Alienated

Post by JennyB »

Kimmelweck wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 2:32pm
JennyB wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 1:11pm
Anyone have experience with plantar fasciitis? I'm trying to get into a podiatrist, but I am having a difficult time getting one who is covered by my insurance to call me back. I do stretches every day, but my left heel is killing me. Anyone have tips?
I had work-related heel spurs in both heels about 12 years ago (I worked outdoors, in wooded and uneven terrain). Every step was like I was stepping on a nail. Was in pain for like 6 months. Then I saw a podiatrist who gave me cortisone shots in both heels and had me start wearing arch supports. I also did the stretches - probably the same ones you are doing - straightened leg and pulling the toes towards you. Pain went away within a couple weeks of the shots, and I haven’t used the arch supports since.

Other than that, I’d recommend that when you get out of bed in the morning, sit with your feet on the floor for a minute or so, and let the blood settle to your lower extremities, before just getting up and putting your full weight on your feet. That’s what my podiatrist told me anyway.
Thank you! I am eagerly awaiting the shots. Great advice for when I just wake up. I appreciate it.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

gkbill wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 3:55pm
JennyB wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 2:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 2:02pm
revbob wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 1:35pm
JennyB wrote:
Anyone have experience with plantar fasciitis? I'm trying to get into a podiatrist, but I am having a difficult time getting one who is covered by my insurance to call me back. I do stretches every day, but my left heel is killing me. Anyone have tips?
Fucking foot nazis.

The thing that helped me was getting better insoles for my regular every day sneakers. The stock ones tend to wear out quickly.
Yes! Now that you've mentioned it, I invested in some high-quality insoles and they alleviated some of the pain.
Thank you all for the quick replies. I'm wearing Walgreen's insoles, so I should probably invest in a better pair. Will try the massage route, too!
Hello,

Throw a bottle of water in the freezer. Once it's frozen, take it out, lay it on the floor, and roll your foot over it for 10 minutes or so.
Thank you!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

JennyB wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 4:17pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I had work-related heel spurs in both heels about 12 years ago (I worked outdoors, in wooded and uneven terrain). Every step was like I was stepping on a nail. Was in pain for like 6 months. Then I saw a podiatrist who gave me cortisone shots in both heels and had me start wearing arch supports. I also did the stretches - probably the same ones you are doing - straightened leg and pulling the toes towards you. Pain went away within a couple weeks of the shots, and I haven’t used the arch supports since.

Other than that, I’d recommend that when you get out of bed in the morning, sit with your feet on the floor for a minute or so, and let the blood settle to your lower extremities, before just getting up and putting your full weight on your feet. That’s what my podiatrist told me anyway.
Thank you! I am eagerly awaiting the shots. Great advice for when I just wake up. I appreciate it.
My only other advice (just going from experience) is don’t let the podiatrist talk you into buying more than a single pair of arch supports. Whatever he’s trying to sell you, you can probably buy the same thing anywhere else for a third to a half of the price. Buying arch supports from a podiatrist is like getting your car repaired at a dealership. For me, it was primarily the cortisone shots that did the trick anyway. :mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kimmelweck wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 7:25pm
JennyB wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 4:17pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
JennyB wrote:

My only other advice (just going from experience) is don’t let the podiatrist talk you into buying more than a single pair of arch supports. Whatever he’s trying to sell you, you can probably buy the same thing anywhere else for a third to a half of the price. Buying arch supports from a podiatrist is like getting your car repaired at a dealership. For me, it was primarily the cortisone shots that did the trick anyway. :mrgreen:
That's great advice, especially since I am a total sucker. Thank you!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:
29 Jun 2023, 1:57pm
The hand wringing over the fact that a fat Black woman has the temerity, the GALL, to love herself is mind boggling. Why do white men get so angry about her?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
I had it in high school, and I don't recommend this, but I cut it open with nail clippers and it didn't come back.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 10:24am
Flex wrote:
The hand wringing over the fact that a fat Black woman has the temerity, the GALL, to love herself is mind boggling. Why do white men get so angry about her?
They don't like it when they aren't the center of attention.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 12:42pm
JennyB wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 10:24am
Flex wrote:
They don't like it when they aren't the center of attention.
True that!
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 12:41pm
JennyB wrote:
I had it in high school, and I don't recommend this, but I cut it open with nail clippers and it didn't come back.
Um....what?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 2:49pm
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Um....what?
You heard me. SUBMIT TO MY SUPERIOR SELF-SURGERY.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Ol' Stumpy Kory is at it again!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Um....what?
Hey, plantar fasciitis is pretty similar to a plantars wart. :shifty:

I once had a wart on my thumb that I had frozen off with liquid nitrogen.

But I'd stick to cortisone shots and arch supports for the heal spurs. :mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Um....what?
That was my reaction.

Kory: foot nazis are nothing like foot warts

Jen any improvements?

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 7:29pm
JennyB wrote:
Kory wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Um....what?
That was my reaction.

Kory: foot nazis are nothing like foot warts

Jen any improvements?
Yes! I got a shot and that has helped - it's still a bit sore, but I am hoping that goes away. I am continuing with the stretches and icing.
Got a Rake? Sure!