Open up "what's wrong with you?"

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Re: Open up "what's wrong with you?"

Post by Mimi »

Heston wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:23pm
tepista wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 7:38pm

Peeking thru this thread, some horribly ironic comments from PH and 101W. :sad:
how the fuck did we miss that?
I remember reading it at the time but I thought it was about imaginary cancer. You know how any minor ailment always makes you think it could be cancer? I was obviously massively wrong. Fuck man, awful that he had to fight it for so long, and knew it was terminal. :cry:
I thought he was saying he was a hypochondriac and making a joke about it. Holy shit. Now it makes me wonder if he was reaching out in a subtle way. We failed him. And poor Purple Hayes. This thread is the worst thread ever.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Also Tom. You're much better than you're giving yourself credit for and we're all glad to have you here. Each one of us adds something uniquely fun and interesting to this place.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I remember I was going through some tough times when I posted this in 2012, and I'm happy to report, I'm in a much, much better place now.

And Tom, welcome. One of us, one of us, we accept you.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I assumed I'd have to go to some kind of reckoning with the drink, pleased I decided to simply just not reach rock bottom and enjoy some pints a couple times a month.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 9:05am
I remember I was going through some tough times when I posted this in 2012, and I'm happy to report, I'm in a much, much better place now.
Same, tho I'd it's more about accepting more of these things and striving not to let them dominate me so. The pandemic has been beneficial in testing me, and I've been more level-headed than most (I've been surprised by the anxiety displayed by the Boss in all this). So I'm better in scary times than normal ones.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 10:24am
Mimi wrote:
Same, tho I'd it's more about accepting more of these things and striving not to let them dominate me so. The pandemic has been beneficial in testing me, and I've been more level-headed than most (I've been surprised by the anxiety displayed by the Boss in all this). So I'm better in scary times than normal ones.
Hello,

When going through hell, keep going.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I've heard a lot of those with anxiety saying the same thing about the pandemic.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mimi wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 9:02am
Heston wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I remember reading it at the time but I thought it was about imaginary cancer. You know how any minor ailment always makes you think it could be cancer? I was obviously massively wrong. Fuck man, awful that he had to fight it for so long, and knew it was terminal. :cry:
I thought he was saying he was a hypochondriac and making a joke about it. Holy shit. Now it makes me wonder if he was reaching out in a subtle way. We failed him. And poor Purple Hayes. This thread is the worst thread ever.
Mimi we failed nobody least of all 101 or PH. With 101 he kept it to himself and didn't want the fuss. He knew only too well how much he was liked here. I would send him stuff often and he was always saying how cool everybody here was. With PH he did tell us just much closer to his time. Again another guy who wouldn't want any fuss. Both great guys sadly missed but don't feel bad for them as they wouldn't have wanted that

"The worst thread ever" no, probably the most important thread ever letting others know that we are a community and here for one another IF required.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 11:25am
Mimi wrote:
Heston wrote:
tepista wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Mimi we failed nobody least of all 101 or PH. With 101 he kept it to himself and didn't want the fuss. He knew only too well how much he was liked here. I would send him stuff often and he was always saying how cool everybody here was. With PH he did tell us just much closer to his time. Again another guy who wouldn't want any fuss. Both great guys sadly missed but don't feel bad for them as they wouldn't have wanted that

"The worst thread ever" no, probably the most important thread ever letting others know that we are a community and here for one another IF required.
You're right, of course. It's not like any of us have the gift of foresight. How were we to know?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mimi wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 11:36am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 11:25am
Mimi wrote:
Heston wrote:
tepista wrote:

You're right, of course. It's not like any of us have the gift of foresight. How were we to know?
This is true and I did know he was unwell and he told me that he wanted to carry on as normal. No fuss required just take the piss and have the same crack as always. Coming here gave him some relief from all his problems. So please don't feel bad.

I should add that he never told me it was cancer or the severity. So it came as a shock when he passed.

When he posted his picture of him standing outside CBGB's some time back I PM'd him to ask him how he got on and then he told me he had been unwell for a while. I asked if he was okay and he just said "nothing to make a fuss over".
Last edited by Marky Dread on 03 Jul 2021, 12:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 11:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Hello,

Counter adage! When you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

(Not that I mean anything one way or another. I'm just amused that there are adages for all perspectives.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 11:57am
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Hello,

(Not that I mean anything one way or another. I'm just amused that there are adages for all perspectives.)
We all deal with things in our own way. Some people will reach out for help others find comfort from just knowing it's there.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Hello,

Or change the direction of your digging

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 3:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Hello,

Change to a trench?

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 3:20pm
revbob wrote:
03 Jul 2021, 3:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hello,

Change to a trench?
Hello,

Just don't put down the shovel!