Open up "what's wrong with you?"

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Open up "what's wrong with you?"

Post by Marky Dread »

...make room for me.

I am bipolar.
I suffer with insomnia.
I have gout.
Sometimes on sunny days I feel sad.
Sometimes I sit in my room smiling while staring at the rain.

I think had punk rock never existed then neither would I.

I'm a little grumpy until I have my first cup of tea in the morning, then I'm like one of those crazy toy monkeys.

I'm a nice guy just don't hurt my friends or family.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Open up "what's wrong with you?"

Post by Wolter »

Hmmm.

I suffer from severe ADHD, social anxiety, PTSD, and probably Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

I assume people secretly hate me.

I procrastinate too much.

I have a temper. A bad one.

I was physically abused as a child, and have a secret fear that I will unintentionally repeat that pattern on my unborn son.

I also like Iron Maiden.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I suffer from mild depression -- it gets worse in the winter months.

Over the past few years, I've developed an anxiety issue which included panic attacks and I have no idea why (well, I do but that's too personal).

I had a shitty, neglect-filled childhood that I'm still trying to overcome.

I have a lot of social anxiety issues: eating in front of others is one.

Like you, punk rock saved me. I'm not joking.

I'm moody.

I have a bad temper...when I actually lose it (which is rare anymore).

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:Hmmm.

I suffer from severe ADHD, social anxiety, PTSD, and probably Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

I assume people secretly hate me.

I procrastinate too much.

I have a temper. A bad one.

I was physically abused as a child, and have a secret fear that I will unintentionally repeat that pattern on my unborn son.

Never, unless of course you play him this.

I also like Iron Maiden.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

...Liking the honesty here people. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

KISS and Starship.

Also have an issue with insomnia, and probably sometimes have a pint too many at the weekend.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I come from a family of alcoholics, on both sides and, while I don't do more than fancy a drink at the moment, I can feel in my gut the emptiness where something unpleasant & needy could grow in the next decade. I get blackout drunk more than I should and it's scary.

I'm self-destructive and make decisions that I know will hurt me later on.

I'm susceptible to getting blue and having a shitty mood that I can't shake for a long time.

I get paranoid, with very little reason.

Without my girlfriend of three years and my family, I don't think I'd be around myself.

Hayfever, haha.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I have struggled with eating disorders for over 20 years. At one point, I was taking over 20 laxatives a day. I'm finally getting control over it. But it's probably never going to go away.

I feel like a terrible parent sometimes. I also hate my father-in-law and it kills me that since my dad is probably not going to live to see VH Jr. grow up, my fil is going to be the grandfather he remembers.

I went to three different high schools in three different states and am still pretty insecure in social situations. So, like many of you, punk saved me.

I am way too judgmental and critical of other people in my peer group. Especially those stay at home mom bitches at my son's preschool who do Pilates and get mani/pedis all day. And their stupid husbands, too.

I'm still a pretty angry person.

I bombed Final Jeopardy.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:KISS and Starship.

Also have an issue with insomnia, and probably sometimes have a pint too many at the weekend.
Weird that I used to be a real heavy drinker but the pain I would end up with through gout was an absolute bastard. Only when I cut down on the booze did I develop insomnia followed after a period of 6 months by anxiety.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Lots of very similar problems occurring here. We are all damaged people to some degree. Although I will never turn to Starship. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:KISS and Starship.

Weird that I used to be a real heavy drinker but the pain I would end up with through gout was an absolute bastard. Only when I cut down on the booze did I develop insomnia followed after a period of 6 months by anxiety.
I had some anxiety issues/panic attacks about 15 years ago. The panic attacks were really bad, wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy. I think too much booze/dope and not enough sleep was the cause. Had to calm the drinking/smoking down and get some nice lie ins. It seemed to work as I've been okay since then.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Epilepsy, which is wrecking my memory

Prone to depression; dealt with a massive crippling episode in my mid-twenties that probably extended my life in the long run by making me change my expectations

Seem to be developing persistent digestive problems, enough so that I no longer drink coffee

Can't handle hangovers, so I no longer drink to get drunk

Truly believe that I won't live to 65

Given the choice, I'd usually rather stay at home as I have a low tolerance for small talk and the interests of others most often bores me; then again, I can't understand why anyone would want to spend time with me

Probably would have killed myself as a teenager if I hadn't found punk

Used to be angry, but I've learned to disengage and be less judgemental; however, it's probably made me more apathetic

I can't stand being the centre of attention even to the point of disliking being complimented*

Otherwise, I'm doing great! :cool:

edit: * And yet, if I do share good news and no one comments or congratulates, I assume they don't care.
Last edited by Dr. Medulla on 02 Sep 2012, 10:28am, edited 1 time in total.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:Lots of very similar problems occurring here. We are all damaged people to some degree. Although I will never turn to Starship. ;)
Like becoming a junkie in your 80s, once the end is near, I'll listen to Starship. At worst, it'll make death seem more appealing.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Lots of very similar problems occurring here. We are all damaged people to some degree. Although I will never turn to Starship. ;)
Like becoming a junkie in your 80s, once the end is near, I'll listen to Starship. At worst, it'll make death seem more appealing.
:mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Epilepsy, which is wrecking my memory

Prone to depression; dealt with a massive crippling episode in my mid-twenties that probably extended my life in the long run by making me change my expectations

Seem to be developing persistent digestive problems, enough so that I no longer drink coffee

Can't handle hangovers, so I no longer drink to get drunk

Truly believe that I won't live to 65

Given the choice, I'd usually rather stay at home as I have a low tolerance for small talk and the interests of others most often bores me; then again, I can't understand why anyone would want to spend time with me

Probably would have killed myself as a teenager if I hadn't found punk

Used to be angry, but I've learned to disengage and be less judgemental; however, it's probably made me more apathetic

I can't stand being the centre of attention even to the point of disliking being complimented

Otherwise, I'm doing great! :cool:
Suffered with that as a kid, after my father died I was really nervous and if I was made the centre of attention it would freak me out. In almost all the photographs of me as a kid I am sulking because I hated having my picture taken and being forced to smile for someone else's enjoyment just made it worse.

I grew up with a huge chip on my shoulder because of my dad's death, that chip is still there and becomes more apparent when I feel something is unjust. I can control my anger better these days but it's always bubbling under.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia