IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2013

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2013

Post by Spiff »

The IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2013

Here we go again for 2013. The rules are:

1. You pick 13 celebrities (that's 13, not 10) whom you predict will die within the calendar year 2013. If any of your celebrities dies, you score 100 points minus their age at death. Whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins the undying *snort* admiration of the IMCT.

2. All picks must be time- and date-stamped by midnight U.S. Central Time on December 31, 2012. (U.S. Central Time is six hours behind Greenwich.)

3. Valid picks are NOT:

a. already dead
b. a fictional character
c. non-human
d. under age 18 at death
e. a registered member of the IMCT, 'coz that would be too weird
f. famous solely as a result of their illness or associated actions/events (and I am the judge of this)

4. You can pick people who are 100 or more years old but you won't score points for them. But these stiffs will add to your total in the "Quantity Not Quality" Award (see below).

5. If there are conflicting reports about a celebrity's birth date (and hence confusion about his/her age at death), I will go by the higher age (i.e., lower score).

6. Your picks must specify a name: listing "anybody from [the cast of your most hated TV show or emo band]" as a pick will be ignored.

7. Persons under sentence of death will be valid for scoring points only if they die by means other than official execution.

8. Any poster who kills or otherwise contributes to the death of any celebrity mentioned in this thread is disqualified. It's just a game, people. :shifty:

9. Editing your choices: be careful! You can make changes to your list before the deadline, but it has to be clear which names are your final choices. Don't edit your original post; make a new, separate post. This makes it easier for me to track. You may submit one or more "alternates" with your list, which will be used in the event that one or more of your picks dies during December 2012. Or, you may submit an alternate after the death of an original pick, as long as this is posted by midnight on December 31, 2012. If you do not submit a new name or have a clearly identified alternate, too bad for you; you’re going to be playing with fewer picks than the rest of us who are obviously smarter than you are.

10. You can have no more than 13 picks. If you pick more than 13, or if any of your picks is otherwise invalid, I may ask for clarification. Or not. If I’m too busy, or distracted by something shiny, then I won’t and it’s too bad for you (again). So do me a favor and check twice, post once.

Additional stuff:

I have no rule about submissions having to be unique, despite claims of "copying" anyone else's list. (I call this The Sting Rule.) Sharing news of celebrities in ill health and whatnot is up to individual posters.

Except for Rule 3f, I have no rule about what constitutes a "celebrity" -- although it would be nice if there's at least one post-death media report that I can access online.

Spelling counts! Please try to spell celebrities' names correctly.

Some celebrities have common, identical or similar names. Listing just "Bush" will get you on my shit list, and you do not want to be on Spiff's Shit List. :shifty:

Additional awards:

The "Quantity Not Quality" Award: to be awarded to the poster or posters who pick the greatest number of celebrities who died, regardless of their actual point value.

The "Inside Track With the Grim Reaper" Award: to be awarded to the poster or posters who had the most unique picks who died.

The "Opening Kickoff" Award: to be awarded to the poster or posters who pick the first listed celebrity to die in 2013.

The "Final Hours" Award: to be awarded to the poster or posters who pick the last listed celebrity to die in 2013.

Let the ghoulishness begin!

Spiff
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2013

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I hereby assure these people, whom a saved from death in 2012, another year of existence in 2013.
Mike Farrell
Lindsay Lohan
Loni Anderson
Dick Cheney
Casey Kasem
Kevin Smith
Maggie Thatcher
Nancy Reagan
Grace Slick
Shelley Long
Tom Jones
Chuck Noll
Larry King
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Place holder and I'll revise as I think of em:
1. Mickey Rooney
2. George H.W. Bush
3. Steven Adler
4. Tom Sizemore
5. Lindsey Lohan
6. Max Von Sydow
7. Nick Stahl
8. Morgan Freeman
9. Ryan O'Neil
10. BB King
11. Chuck Berry
12. Jerry Lee Lewis
13. Nancy Reagan
Last edited by matedog on 31 Dec 2012, 2:42am, edited 6 times in total.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

matedog wrote:Place holder and I'll revise as I think of em:
1. Mickey Rooney
Oh, Hoy ...
9. Editing your choices: be careful! You can make changes to your list before the deadline, but it has to be clear which names are your final choices. Don't edit your original post; make a new, separate post. This makes it easier for me to track.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

All in favour of forcing Hoy to have only Mickey Rooney on his 2013 list, say Hoy!
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Spiff wrote:
1. Mickey Rooney
Oh, Hoy ...
9. Editing your choices: be careful! You can make changes to your list before the deadline, but it has to be clear which names are your final choices. Don't edit your original post; make a new, separate post. This makes it easier for me to track.
Wouldn't having one post be easier to track as long as it isn't edited after the deadline?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

rcs
Unknown Immortal

Post by rcs »

Dr. Medulla wrote:All in favour of forcing Hoy to have only Mickey Rooney on his 2013 list, say Hoy!
If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

1. Ronnie Biggs...
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

matedog wrote:
Spiff wrote:
1. Mickey Rooney
Oh, Hoy ...
Wouldn't having one post be easier to track as long as it isn't edited after the deadline?
On January 1, I go through the thread in reverse chronological order and grab everyone's latest post and plop the names into my spreadsheet. I continue until I have everyone's list. Easy peasy.

Shorter version: My game, my rules!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:1. Ronnie Biggs...
You lose again, señor.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

1. Sting
2. Moosie Drier
3. Steven Adler
4. Scott Stapp
5. Yvette Wilson
6. Andrés Galarraga
7. Margaret Thatcher
8. Slim Dunlap
9. Tommy Iommi
10. Dorothy Hamill
11. Courtney Love
12. Jenny McCarthy
13. Tom Delay

Alternates:
Sheryl Crow
Muhammad Ali

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

The Queen
Thatcher
George H. W. Bush
George Martin
Castro
Andre Williams
Fats Domino
B.B. King
Slim Dunlap
Tommy Ramone
Doyle Brunson
Chuck Mangione
Joe Biden
Last edited by Chuck Mangione on 16 Mar 2013, 2:43am, edited 4 times in total.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Chuck Mangione wrote:The Queen
Thatcher
George H. W. Bush
George Martin
Castro
Andre Williams
Fats Domino
B.B. King
Slim Dunlap
Bunny Wailer
Lee Scratch Perry
Chuck Mangione
Joe Biden
This has startling cosmic implications should it come to pass.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Alternates:
Phil Spector
Nelson Mandela

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

1. Lindsey Lohan