Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 14273
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Silent Majority » 07 Feb 2019, 3:38pm

Flex wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 3:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 3:36pm
After falling in love with Rick & Morty last year, I've filled out my 29 year old male bingo card by really getting into Bojack Horseman.
you should develop some pro wrestling opinions now
My opinion is that in five years, all the wrestlers I could name will be dead or on death row.
Kool Moe Dee was in the Treacherous Three

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7669
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob » 07 Feb 2019, 10:35pm

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 3:36pm
After falling in love with Rick & Morty last year, I've filled out my 29 year old male bingo card by really getting into Bojack Horseman.
Great show, pretty dark at times.

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9497
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Kory » 08 Feb 2019, 2:55pm

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 3:38pm
Flex wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 3:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 3:36pm
After falling in love with Rick & Morty last year, I've filled out my 29 year old male bingo card by really getting into Bojack Horseman.
you should develop some pro wrestling opinions now
My opinion is that in five years, all the wrestlers I could name will be dead or on death row.
I like these shows too and have no opinions. At all.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79678
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Feb 2019, 3:37pm

The Boss and I are completely caught up on You're the Worst. Highly recommended. It's superb cringe comedy involving awful people, but it also seamlessly moves into darker aspects that drive those characters. Clinical depression, family alienation, PTSD, and fear of commitment are all handled really well (familiarly well—I kept on saying to B that the stuff about depression and family alienation was like they were writing with me in mind).
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17406
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Currently watching.

Post by JennyB » 08 Feb 2019, 3:46pm

Just finished binging all eight episodes of Russian Doll on Netflix. It's fantastic. It's so weird. It utilizes Harry Nilsson in the best way possible. It's loaded with dark humor. It is VERY Jewish. The whole looper thing is not a new concept, but it's done in such a fresh and interesting way that it seems new. Natasha Lyonne's acting is top notch. The music is incredible. Highly recommend.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27037
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Flex » 17 Feb 2019, 11:12pm

JennyB wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 1:02pm
Just finished Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon - HIGHLY recommended.
I'm just starting season two. LOVE this show. Making Lenny Bruce a character was genius and the cast is uniformly dynamite.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33244
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: Currently watching.

Post by tepista » 18 Feb 2019, 12:04am

JennyB wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:46pm
Just finished binging all eight episodes of Russian Doll on Netflix. It's fantastic. It's so weird. It utilizes Harry Nilsson in the best way possible. It's loaded with dark humor. It is VERY Jewish. The whole looper thing is not a new concept, but it's done in such a fresh and interesting way that it seems new. Natasha Lyonne's acting is top notch. The music is incredible. Highly recommend.
yeah, that was fucking great
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:37pm
The Boss and I are completely caught up on You're the Worst. Highly recommended. It's superb cringe comedy involving awful people, but it also seamlessly moves into darker aspects that drive those characters. Clinical depression, family alienation, PTSD, and fear of commitment are all handled really well (familiarly well—I kept on saying to B that the stuff about depression and family alienation was like they were writing with me in mind).
we like that too.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79678
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 24 Feb 2019, 8:49pm

FX ran a marathon this weekend of Better Things, which I'd heard of but never watched. I ended up getting sucked in and watched almost all the first two seasons. Really dry dramedy about a single mother (Bobby Hill) actress raising three daughters. That blend of every success as a parent matched with a seeming failure. Solid show for middle-aged, feeling-like-failures and parents of regular shitty teenagers.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17478
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton » 25 Feb 2019, 12:57am

Can anyone recommend a good Netflix series to watch?
The missus away working and I usually have a series on the go she doesn’t watch (Fargo, Handmaids Tale, Hannibal) but I finished them. Ideally one that doesn’t have many series as I can’t face starting something that is never ending!!!

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1680
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Low Down Low » 25 Feb 2019, 5:45am

101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 12:57am
Can anyone recommend a good Netflix series to watch?
The missus away working and I usually have a series on the go she doesn’t watch (Fargo, Handmaids Tale, Hannibal) but I finished them. Ideally one that doesn’t have many series as I can’t face starting something that is never ending!!!
Narcos? Downside it does have a few (3) series but upside is it’s very very compelling. Then there’s narcos mexico which I’m just about to start any day now, but i seriously doubt it will match the first one.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17478
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton » 25 Feb 2019, 6:31am

Low Down Low wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 5:45am
101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 12:57am
Can anyone recommend a good Netflix series to watch?
The missus away working and I usually have a series on the go she doesn’t watch (Fargo, Handmaids Tale, Hannibal) but I finished them. Ideally one that doesn’t have many series as I can’t face starting something that is never ending!!!
Narcos? Downside it does have a few (3) series but upside is it’s very very compelling. Then there’s narcos mexico which I’m just about to start any day now, but i seriously doubt it will match the first one.
On the list. Just watched The Ted Bundy Tapes, that was compelling viewing.

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7669
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob » 25 Feb 2019, 8:53am

101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 12:57am
Can anyone recommend a good Netflix series to watch?
The missus away working and I usually have a series on the go she doesn’t watch (Fargo, Handmaids Tale, Hannibal) but I finished them. Ideally one that doesn’t have many series as I can’t face starting something that is never ending!!!
Altered Carbon, Bojack Horseman, Ozark, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1680
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Low Down Low » 25 Feb 2019, 9:55am

101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 6:31am
Low Down Low wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 5:45am
101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 12:57am
Can anyone recommend a good Netflix series to watch?
The missus away working and I usually have a series on the go she doesn’t watch (Fargo, Handmaids Tale, Hannibal) but I finished them. Ideally one that doesn’t have many series as I can’t face starting something that is never ending!!!
Narcos? Downside it does have a few (3) series but upside is it’s very very compelling. Then there’s narcos mexico which I’m just about to start any day now, but i seriously doubt it will match the first one.
On the list. Just watched The Ted Bundy Tapes, that was compelling viewing.
Have heard good things about that so might get around to it. On a more lighter note i thoroughly enjoy Cuckoo which has the excellent Greg Davies in it and looking forward to Ricky Gervais new series. Know a lot of people don’t like him but anyone with the Office, Extras and Derek on their cv will always be on the watch list for me.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40171
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Marky Dread » 25 Feb 2019, 10:15am

101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 6:31am
Low Down Low wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 5:45am
101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 12:57am
Can anyone recommend a good Netflix series to watch?
The missus away working and I usually have a series on the go she doesn’t watch (Fargo, Handmaids Tale, Hannibal) but I finished them. Ideally one that doesn’t have many series as I can’t face starting something that is never ending!!!
Narcos? Downside it does have a few (3) series but upside is it’s very very compelling. Then there’s narcos mexico which I’m just about to start any day now, but i seriously doubt it will match the first one.
On the list. Just watched The Ted Bundy Tapes, that was compelling viewing.
Yeah I watched that one, creepy fucker.
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17478
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton » 25 Feb 2019, 2:23pm

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 10:15am
101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 6:31am
Low Down Low wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 5:45am
101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 12:57am
Can anyone recommend a good Netflix series to watch?
The missus away working and I usually have a series on the go she doesn’t watch (Fargo, Handmaids Tale, Hannibal) but I finished them. Ideally one that doesn’t have many series as I can’t face starting something that is never ending!!!
Narcos? Downside it does have a few (3) series but upside is it’s very very compelling. Then there’s narcos mexico which I’m just about to start any day now, but i seriously doubt it will match the first one.
On the list. Just watched The Ted Bundy Tapes, that was compelling viewing.
Yeah I watched that one, creepy fucker.
Yes I thought I knew about him but I didn’t know half the story.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests