Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by gkbill »

Kory wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 4:47pm
I've been completely addicted to Britbox since I got it last year. I had no idea how interested I'd be in British detective shows and courtroom dramas. Really weird.
Hello,

We got Britbox last month. My wife has gotten addicted to the Jane Eyre, Emma, etc. type of dramas. I'll sneak in a Death in Paradise now and then. It's a good value.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Mimi wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 5:18pm
Out of desperation for something light and funny, I started watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I didn't like it at first, but it's really growing on me.
The wife and I really liked the first season, but quickly lost interest in the second. I'm not sure if that's a consensus opinion though, I've always wondered whether we should have stuck with it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
Out of desperation for something light and funny, I started watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I didn't like it at first, but it's really growing on me.
Wow really, I kind of envy you. I took to it right away, that Kimmy :kiss:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

gkbill wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 5:21pm
Kory wrote:
I've been completely addicted to Britbox since I got it last year. I had no idea how interested I'd be in British detective shows and courtroom dramas. Really weird.
Hello,

We got Britbox last month. My wife has gotten addicted to the Jane Eyre, Emma, etc. type of dramas. I'll sneak in a Death in Paradise now and then. It's a good value.
I'm also watching Death in Paradise! Also a couple choice comedies like The New Statesman and Rev. I hope they add some more comedies—most of the other ones on there I already have on DVD. I was a big fan of Our Friends in the North.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 5:38pm
Mimi wrote:
I know. Kimmy is totes adorbs. :shifty:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 6:02pm
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I think I have mentioned this before, but Ellie Kemper is one of my cousin's best friends. She is as nice as you think she would be. She was in St. Louis a couple of years ago visiting her family and she came to my cousin's son's birthday party. And she remembered ME from when I went out to dinner once with them in the 90s. You kind of want to root against her because she was born on 3rd base, but she is just so damn nice (in a genuine way) that you can't. VH was so pissed that he was working that day and had to miss the party.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

gkbill wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 5:21pm
Kory wrote:
Hello,

May I also recommend Endeavour to you both (though I'm not sure if it's on Britbox).

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 12:43pm
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I think I have mentioned this before, but Ellie Kemper is one of my cousin's best friends. She is as nice as you think she would be. She was in St. Louis a couple of years ago visiting her family and she came to my cousin's son's birthday party. And she remembered ME from when I went out to dinner once with them in the 90s. You kind of want to root against her because she was born on 3rd base, but she is just so damn nice (in a genuine way) that you can't. VH was so pissed that he was working that day and had to miss the party.
I love the stories where celebs are actually cool.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 12:59pm
JennyB wrote:
12 Jan 2021, 12:43pm
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I love the stories where celebs are actually cool.
Me too.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
loved that show to death. i cried during the finale!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

I started watching Outlander, but it was so freaking rapey that I had to stop. :naughty: :angry:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 1:48pm
I started watching Outlander, but it was so freaking rapey that I had to stop. :naughty: :angry:
More than Game of Thrones?

I ask having never seen either but have heard it about both.

I know rape happens but generally speaking I dont think showing it on screen does the service some people might think it does.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
The Boss watches/watched all that stuff, but I get way discomforted by it all (plus I don't like the fantasy genre).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 1:52pm
Mimi wrote:
More than Game of Thrones?

I ask having never seen either but have heard it about both.

I know rape happens but generally speaking I dont think showing it on screen does the service some people might think it does.
I've never seen GoT so I couldn't tell you. Using rape as a plot line is lazy writing and I hate it. Not to mention it triggers victims.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 1:54pm
Mimi wrote:
The Boss watches/watched all that stuff, but I get way discomforted by it all (plus I don't like the fantasy genre).
I'm okay with fantasy and I like the concept of this, but all the men wanted to rape the main character every time she walked by. Ridiculous.