Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 3:29pm
I'm watching This Way Up with the remarkable Aisling Bea.
Tangentially speaking, but I had a student last year named Aisling. Really talented—wrote one of the best finals I've ever received—and I just loved her name. I'd never encountered it before, but it has an exceptional aesthetic quality to it.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 4:19pm
Spiff wrote:
Tangentially speaking, but I had a student last year named Aisling. Really talented—wrote one of the best finals I've ever received—and I just loved her name. I'd never encountered it before, but it has an exceptional aesthetic quality to it.

shane macgowan aisling lyrics https://g.co/kgs/bejCto

Boddington
Junco Partner

Post by Boddington »

Seems like they canceled the Cowboy Bebop reboot on Netflix, which is kind of a bummer. I really like John Cho and, well, basically all of the cast except Vicious. It's like they forgot the cardinal sin that a villain is way scarier when you only see them in small doses.

Also don't know if anyone is watching Wheel of Time on Amazon...not loving that one as much. Brando Sando said his favorite episode is upcoming and that might, just might, turn around how I feel about that series, but also disappointed. It feels like everyone is trying to recapture the early days of GoT or LoTR without understanding what made those stories tick and it's killing me.

But hey, only a CBA and...a season away from Spring Training, hopefully.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Boddington wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 8:55pm
Seems like they canceled the Cowboy Bebop reboot on Netflix, which is kind of a bummer. I really like John Cho and, well, basically all of the cast except Vicious. It's like they forgot the cardinal sin that a villain is way scarier when you only see them in small doses.

Also don't know if anyone is watching Wheel of Time on Amazon...not loving that one as much. Brando Sando said his favorite episode is upcoming and that might, just might, turn around how I feel about that series, but also disappointed. It feels like everyone is trying to recapture the early days of GoT or LoTR without understanding what made those stories tick and it's killing me.

Wife's been watching it. It feels like a more serious version of those Xena Warrior Princess shows. Everything looks and feels cheesey but without the intent of being so.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 9:07pm
Boddington wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 8:55pm

Wife's been watching it. It feels like a more serious version of those Xena Warrior Princess shows. Everything looks and feels cheesey but without the intent of being so.
When I worked in a book store, I came to hate Wheel of Time because of all the fantasy geeks coming in and asking when they next 1400-page volume was coming out. I don’t know. I didn’t know last week and I don’t know now. You dorks are all on the internet, go find out there. I was basically neutral towards fantasy until that job, then developed a serious hostility towards fantasy because of the pestering nature of the fans.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

revbob wrote:
09 Dec 2021, 4:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:

Is it just me, or cannot anyone else understand WTF Shane is singing?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Spiff wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 1:59pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:

I listen to a lot of Shane/Pogues over the years so Im pretty good.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Spiff wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 1:59pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Spiff wrote:

Liquor and lack of teeth.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

What the hell? Jay Johnston was part of 6 Jan? Anyway, he's been canned from Bob's Burgers.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ticipation

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 5:55pm
What the hell? Jay Johnston was part of 6 Jan? Anyway, he's been canned from Bob's Burgers.
Oh yeah, I thought it was discussed on here.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 6:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 5:55pm
Oh yeah, I thought it was discussed on here.
Not according the search. Given his participation in so many edgy comedies (Mr. Show, Sarah Silverman), this really does stun me. Another one of those people who just snapped in the last couple years?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 7:06pm
Not according the search. Given his participation in so many edgy comedies (Mr. Show, Sarah Silverman), this really does stun me. Another one of those people who just snapped in the last couple years?
Apparently, he appeared on Gavin McGinness' (founder of the Proud Boys) podcast in 2015 so he's been a piece of shit since at least then.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 7:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Apparently, he appeared on Gavin McGinness' (founder of the Proud Boys) podcast in 2015 so he's been a piece of shit since at least then.
AKA "Opressed White Male"

Also Doc, I know I discussed it with someone...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 7:43pm
Flex wrote:
18 Dec 2021, 7:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
AKA "Opressed White Male"

Also Doc, I know I discussed it with someone...
Fuck, the Obama/Trump experience really led ugly people to show who they were. Better we know than not, but plenty of people we'd rather not be shitbags.