Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:19pm
revbob wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:16pm
Mimi wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:12pm
revbob wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:01pm
I cant express how angry I am that there is a downton abbey movie coming out.
This hurts my feelings.
Love you Mimi but this shit cant stand!

Unless the movie end with a servant revolt beheading those fuckers and setting fire to the place I can't accept it.
You can have my overwrought period drama when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.
:lol: :mad: :lol: thanks for the laugh. Im in a dark place today.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
This hurts my feelings.

Unless the movie end with a servant revolt beheading those fuckers and setting fire to the place I can't accept it.
You can have my overwrought period drama when you pry it from my cold dead fingers.
My serious problem is that, from all that I can tell, it mourns the decline of the aristocracy. If it were a critique of those assholes—like Mad Men fundamentally is—I could tolerate it, but there's a romance to it all where "oh, wasn't it more wonderful then?" Very Vince. :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:21pm
Kory wrote:
10 May 2022, 6:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2022, 4:27pm
Kory wrote:
10 May 2022, 3:44pm
Luther (this character was also improbable but I have a crush on Ruth Wilson and she's quite effective in this show)
Even tho she has a fish mouth?
BECAUSE she has a fish mouth.
Please don't fish-kink-shame me.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:27pm
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
This hurts my feelings.

My serious problem is that, from all that I can tell, it mourns the decline of the aristocracy. If it were a critique of those assholes—like Mad Men fundamentally is—I could tolerate it, but there's a romance to it all where "oh, wasn't it more wonderful then?" Very Vince. :shifty:
I can see that. I just love costume dramas. Kind of a sucker for them really.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Luther (this character was also improbable but I have a crush on Ruth Wilson and she's quite effective in this show)
Oh no, you will be fish-kink-shamed, you goddamned pervert!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
This hurts my feelings.

Exactly. I never watched Mad Men either for that matter.

When I say I want to see these shows /movies end in a fiery bloodbath I'm quite serious. It wont happen in reality so let me have the fantasy. I think stuff like Downtown Abbey is a false representation/reflection of English culture. Its the worst of it presented as the best.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Did you see Mrs. Wilson?
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6859806/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:38pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Did you see Mrs. Wilson?
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6859806/
I'm pretty sure the Boss has seen it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:

This hurts my feelings.

When I say I want to see these shows /movies end in a fiery bloodbath I'm quite serious. It wont happen in reality so let me have the fantasy. I think stuff like Downtown Abbey is a false representation/reflection of English culture. Its the worst of it presented as the best.
Whenever I mutter something about a Bolshevik bomb thrower taking care of business, she says, "Aren't you a pacifist?" I say, "I'm allowed my fantasies of violence against fictional characters." And I do want those people's enablers killed, too.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:44pm
revbob wrote:
10 May 2022, 7:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:

Whenever I mutter something about a Bolshevik bomb thrower taking care of business, she says, "Aren't you a pacifist?" I say, "I'm allowed my fantasies of violence against fictional characters." And I do want those people's enablers killed, too.
Im drifting towards pacifism in my advanced years but not quite there yet so I reserve the right to wish for fiery and bloody justice on those so deserving.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
This hurts my feelings.
Me too. I don't look into it too deeply. It's just dishy fun that takes my mind off of things. It doesn't make me long for aristocracy.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
11 May 2022, 12:06pm
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
This hurts my feelings.
Me too. I don't look into it too deeply. It's just dishy fun that takes my mind off of things. It doesn't make me long for aristocracy.
Exactly. I couldn't imagine living like that anyway. I'd be okay if someone cooked for me because planning meals makes my brain hurt, but the thought of someone dressing me is gross and having to socialize like that would be mind-numbing. The whole lifestyle is so opposite of me. No thanks.

I do want to visit Highclere Castle, though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
11 May 2022, 12:47pm
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
This hurts my feelings.
Exactly. I couldn't imagine living like that anyway. I'd be okay if someone cooked for me because planning meals makes my brain hurt, but the thought of someone dressing me is gross and having to socialize like that would be mind-numbing. The whole lifestyle is so opposite of me. No thanks.

Enemies of the proletariat! This won't be forgotten when the revolution comes!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2022, 12:51pm
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:
revbob wrote:
This hurts my feelings.

Just as long as y'all don't revolute during tea time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
11 May 2022, 1:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 May 2022, 12:51pm
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Mimi wrote:

This hurts my feelings.

Just as long as y'all don't revolute during tea time.
The revolution comes after the pouring of tea but before the addition milk, cream, and/or sugar. It will conclude with the victors consuming scones, cakes, and cookies.