Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 May 2021, 9:26am
My takeaway is Rashida Jones is beautiful but that shirt looks awful.
Obvious agreement.
Saw an ad for it. If I catch it, I'll give it a shot, but it's not something I'll actively seek out.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2021, 10:35am
revbob wrote:
Obvious agreement.
Saw an ad for it. If I catch it, I'll give it a shot, but it's not something I'll actively seek out.
The wife and I watched it, only like 6 episodes. I got some good chuckles, a few groans but we enjoyed it.

Currently watching Sweet Tooth.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 May 2021, 8:25am

We're confused by the internal logic of this ad. So it starts in an airport where the woman misses or is denied her flight. Is she trying to go on vacation or trying to get home? It's unclear. Then she's in a hotel room, suggesting, yes, she is on vacation and was unable to get home. But she apparently wants to do touristy stuff and is denied, so she didn't want to get home? But then she gets to do all kinds of vacation-y stuff, so, yes, she's happily on vacation, exactly as her original hopes. So why was she so crestfallen about missing the flight? It's that first scene that makes the whole thing confusing.

Also anyone seen this?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10846104/
Yeah, I'm liking it a lot.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Possibly the best TV show I've seen on Netflix...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_ ... TV_series).
If you have ever spent time in Shinjuku...or wondered about Japanese life "outside of society" this is it.
I gave up playing live music for 20 years until I was wondering around Kabuki-cho and ended up in a tiny dive bar with guitars on the wall where the bar mistress asked me to play her a song, it changed my life and now I play on a regular basis in NYC, even through the pandemic. My Japanese angel

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Anyone watching Ted Lasso? We just finished the first season and it's a sweet show.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

JennyB wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:24am
Anyone watching Ted Lasso? We just finished the first season and it's a sweet show.
Hello,

I would like to but don't have Apple TV.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

gkbill wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 7:47pm
JennyB wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 9:24am
Hello,

I would like to but don't have Apple TV.
Samesies. Really want to watch it. May have to ILLEGALLY PIRATE it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This past week, the Boss and I watched the fourth season of Fargo. We watched the first couple episodes when it was airing, but for whatever reason it didn't take with us. But watching in a somewhat more concentrated way, it was really satisfying. I can't say for certain, not without more reflection, what it was about really—the rituals of Americanization for immigrants and the futility of ambition, or thereabouts—but it continues to be masterful in style. The story—whatever its significance—is told well, both in terms of modern noir and in nods to other Coen Bros films and the metanarrative of Fargo (movie and series). If the first two seasons are 1 and 1a, this was a closer third (the third season was strong, but not as compelling as the others).

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Watching Emergency! I watched this show when I was a child and had a mad crush on Randolph Mantooth. I still love the show and I still love him. I'm also in awe of how simplistic and lighthearted some shows were in the 70s. This show wasn't meant to shock and awe, that's for sure.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 9:54am
Watching Emergency! I watched this show when I was a child and had a mad crush on Randolph Mantooth. I still love the show and I still love him. I'm also in awe of how simplistic and lighthearted some shows were in the 70s. This show wasn't meant to shock and awe, that's for sure.
Heh—this weekend a firetruck passed us and I made a comment about going to Rampart and Dixie McCall. Man, we're old.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 10:10am
Mimi wrote:
Heh—this weekend a firetruck passed us and I made a comment about going to Rampart and Dixie McCall. Man, we're old.
Oh, Dixie. Gawd love her. I've never seen an actor underact so beautifully. I want a tshirt that says "administer D5W TKO and transport immediately." Heh.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 10:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 10:10am
Mimi wrote:
Oh, Dixie. Gawd love her. I've never seen an actor underact so beautifully. I want a tshirt that says "administer D5W TKO and transport immediately." Heh.
:lol: Those kinds of shirts are perfect for the rare moments of recognition from strangers.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Mimi wrote:
I remember when that show firs came out, the concept of paramedics was very new around here and we were just amazed at all the different medical scenarios they encountered on the show. Nowadays I think the FD gets more medical assist type of call than they do for actual fires.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
I was a loyal viewer back in the day.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Sparky wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 12:07pm
Mimi wrote:
I remember when that show firs came out, the concept of paramedics was very new around here and we were just amazed at all the different medical scenarios they encountered on the show. Nowadays I think the FD gets more medical assist type of call than they do for actual fires.
Apparently, the show did a lot for the paramedic profession.