Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 2:34pm
WestwayKid wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 1:34pm
I'm also watching George & Tammy. It's very well done, but depressing...
The Boss watched that; I caught bits and pieces. Very depressing from what I saw.
Yeah, George Jones was as crazy - if not crazier - than any of the fabled "crazy rock stars" of music history.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We're nearing the end of season 2 of The Righteous Gemstones and I've figured out what seems familiar—it's like a live-action Archer in terms of the twists and random violence/death.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 8:05pm
We're nearing the end of season 2 of The Righteous Gemstones and I've figured out what seems familiar—it's like a live-action Archer in terms of the twists and random violence/death.
You mean awesome?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 8:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 8:05pm
You mean awesome?
Well, yeah. It turns out my revelation came on the last episode of the season. And it all seemed like an Archer episode, especially in terms of the violence. The slapstick deaths seem right out of Archer.

(The toilet baby and umbilical cord had me wincing and muttering, "No, please don't.")
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Finally got hulu. Now watching Reservation Dogs. Great show.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 10:10pm
Yes it is.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 10:29pm
Mimi wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 10:10pm
Yes it is.
I've been meaning to watch that. Excited that season 4 of Fauda starts today.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Justin Roiland fired from Rick & Morty because of his domestic abuse charges. Given that he's the voice of the two main characters, that's a pretty big hole. What's Billy West doing these days?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 8:07pm
What's Billy West doing these days?
Recording the Futurama return, I think. And not doing the red M&M if their new announcement is to be believed.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 8:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Recording the Futurama return, I think. And not doing the red M&M if their new announcement is to be believed.
Is Futurama v.9 actually going on?

Maybe I'm just feeling jaundiced, but I predict the next season of Rick & Morty and the Futurama reboot will remind everyone that sometimes it's a really good idea to call it a day and move on.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 8:52pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Maybe I'm just feeling jaundiced, but I predict the next season of Rick & Morty and the Futurama reboot will remind everyone that sometimes it's a really good idea to call it a day and move on.
You'd think that, but we still have the Simpsons.

Yeah as far as I know the Futurama return is still happening, after all that contract negotiation stuff. Regarding Rick and Morty, those voices aren't particularly hard to do, but it remains to be seen whether Harmon can shoulder the entire show on his own without Roiland's add-libbing.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 3:37pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jan 2023, 8:52pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You'd think that, but we still have the Simpsons.
A show that is simultaneously an inspiration and a cautionary tale.
Yeah as far as I know the Futurama return is still happening, after all that contract negotiation stuff. Regarding Rick and Morty, those voices aren't particularly hard to do, but it remains to be seen whether Harmon can shoulder the entire show on his own without Roiland's add-libbing.
Read that Roiland was also caught "interacting" with underage girls online. Which will probably seem heroic to the assheads who identify with Rick as a fellow superior human being confined by social rules.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 3:42pm
Read that Roiland was also caught "interacting" with underage girls online. Which will probably seem heroic to the assheads who identify with Rick as a fellow superior human being confined by social rules.
I read the texts, the dude is a major creep. Perhaps even less so than the people who identify with Rick (and Holden Caulfield, Walter White, the Punisher, Tyler Durden, Don Draper, and an endless list of "anti-heroes").

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 5:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 3:42pm
I read the texts, the dude is a major creep. Perhaps even less so than the people who identify with Rick (and Holden Caulfield, Walter White, the Punisher, Tyler Durden, Don Draper, and an endless list of "anti-heroes").
Way too many don't get that if we sympathize with anti-heroes, it's in spite of their flaws, not because of them. We recognize that they are problematic, but seek to see the bigger picture with them. Those characters aren't misunderstood assholes; they're assholes but their assholery isn't all that they are.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 5:19pm
Kory wrote:
25 Jan 2023, 5:04pm
Way too many don't get that if we sympathize with anti-heroes, it's in spite of their flaws, not because of them. We recognize that they are problematic, but seek to see the bigger picture with them. Those characters aren't misunderstood assholes; they're assholes but their assholery isn't all that they are.
my "favorite" flavor of deranged media consumer is the kind of person who likes these people except for the character's redeeming qualities. That's the kind of take that should get a person on a no fly list.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!