Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 5:03pm
revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 5:02pm
Kory wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 4:47pm
Mimi wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 9:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 9:18pm

Ah, so you are unfamiliar with the situation comedy, or “sit com.” May I direct you to a little televised comedy series entitled Three’s Company?
I've always hated Three's Company.
I like the one where there's a big misunderstanding.
That's where they jumped the shark.
I like the one where they jump the shark.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Kory wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 4:47pm
Mimi wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 9:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 9:18pm
Mimi wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 8:41pm
Seinfeld is on netflix and so I'm finally catching up, mostly to see what all the hype was. It's growing on me, but I get frustrated because eveything could have been resolved quickly and easily if the characters would have just communicated properly from the get-go.
Ah, so you are unfamiliar with the situation comedy, or “sit com.” May I direct you to a little televised comedy series entitled Three’s Company?
I've always hated Three's Company.
I like the one where there's a big misunderstanding.
That was in season 3, i believe.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

AMC is showing the Creep Show series from the Shudder channel. Loved all the ones so far, but they're probably from last season.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

daredevil wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 7:31pm
AMC is showing the Creep Show series from the Shudder channel. Loved all the ones so far, but they're probably from last season.
Yeah, fun series! I've seen them all. The seasons are short, i think the first was 6 eps and the 2nd one was 5, but each ep is a double feature. There was a special or 2 as well.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Been watching random episodes of You're the Worst, especially the season dealing with Gretchen's depression. That they handled it with sensitivity (and scary accuracy) yet also could bring in humour is amazing. A rare show that I became totally emotionally invested in the core characters.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Been watching Dopesick. Pretty good so far.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 4:20pm
Seen ads, but haven't looked for it. Also, I'm still downloading episodes, but haven't watched, like, the last four Y: The Last Man. Maybe it'll benefit from a binge watch, but it's been terribly dull thus far.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 1:53pm
Been watching random episodes of You're the Worst, especially the season dealing with Gretchen's depression. That they handled it with sensitivity (and scary accuracy) yet also could bring in humour is amazing. A rare show that I became totally emotionally invested in the core characters.
oh yeah, we loved that, a few years old though.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 4:37pm
revbob wrote:
Seen ads, but haven't looked for it. Also, I'm still downloading episodes, but haven't watched, like, the last four Y: The Last Man. Maybe it'll benefit from a binge watch, but it's been terribly dull thus far.
Yeah same. 355 is the most interesting character the rest are varying degrees of awful. But yeah still not that great but we've still been watching. Also why is the show called this when it so obviously isn't true? It also has an annoying Walking Dead feel to it. Maybe the big reveal will be interesting.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 5:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 4:37pm
revbob wrote:
Yeah same. 355 is the most interesting character the rest are varying degrees of awful. But yeah still not that great but we've still been watching. Also why is the show called this when it so obviously isn't true? It also has an annoying Walking Dead feel to it. Maybe the big reveal will be interesting.
If it's faithful to the source material, there is no big reveal. As in, the source of the extinction event is left up in the air ( mainly because it's not that important—journey, not the destination kind of stuff).

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

WestwayKid wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 2:20pm
https://www.netflix.com/title/81450094

We watched "Count Me In" on Netflix last night. It's a love letter to drummers and features an appearance from Topper (as well as an archival appearance from Joe). I liked it.
Not a great doc but decently fun and very happy to see Topper get a well deserved feature.

Chad Smith was great pointing out Honky Tonk Women’s tempo pick up.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 12:54pm
she's great!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 2:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
she's great!
The Boss and I have adopted her line about "Alabama English."

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 2:09pm
tepista wrote:
29 Oct 2021, 2:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
she's great!
The Boss and I have adopted her line about "Alabama English."
Can't wait to share the "Alabama English" line with my daughter. She moved there a few years back, first words she texted us after the plane landed: "f'ing swamp people"!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung