Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob »

I've been watching reruns of Adventure Time (Flex knows) with my son lately. Damn if that isn't one of the more trippy shows ever created and I've only ever watched it sober.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
27 Apr 2019, 12:46pm
I've been watching reruns of Adventure Time (Flex knows) with my son lately. Damn if that isn't one of the more trippy shows ever created and I've only ever watched it sober.
I just watched it straight through for the second time. It is so well written and strange, and definitely pays off a lot of plot stuff in the later seasons. I place it in my top 10 tv shows of all time.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 2:40pm
revbob wrote:
I just watched it straight through for the second time. It is so well written and strange, and definitely pays off a lot of plot stuff in the later seasons. I place it in my top 10 tv shows of all time.
Yeah its a real gem and I think a lot of people miss out on it because they have the misconception that its a kids show.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 3:30pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yeah its a real gem and I think a lot of people miss out on it because they have the misconception that its a kids show.
It's my understanding that CN was thinking about switching it to Adult Swim, but they couldn't because of some contract thing or other. I mean it's definitely marketed as a kids' show but it's really got something big for all ages.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 3:34pm
revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2019, 3:30pm
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:
It's my understanding that CN was thinking about switching it to Adult Swim, but they couldn't because of some contract thing or other. I mean it's definitely marketed as a kids' show but it's really got something big for all ages.
Very true as I watched it years ago when it first came out with my kids when they were still pretty young and they loved it then and now.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Might be a function of watching them one episode at a time, but I'm enjoying this final season of Game of Thrones more than I enjoyed the previous season. It's still very flawed, but spending three episodes with all of the significant characters in 2 locations has made it a much more enjoyable watch than the "oh shit, we need to start collapsing plotlines" approach of the last two-ish seasons.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
01 May 2019, 1:51pm
Might be a function of watching them one episode at a time, but I'm enjoying this final season of Game of Thrones more than I enjoyed the previous season. It's still very flawed, but spending three episodes with all of the significant characters in 2 locations has made it a much more enjoyable watch than the "oh shit, we need to start collapsing plotlines" approach of the last two-ish seasons.
I never went past s1e1, and I'm not sure I even finished that.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Only Fools and Horses is good after drinks viewing. Doesn't matter if you've seen them all a thpisamd times, it's decent.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BitterTom wrote:
04 May 2019, 6:41pm
Only Fools and Horses is good after drinks viewing. Doesn't matter if you've seen them all a thpisamd times, it's decent.
What language is this? It's a new word that you use to describe Junkie Slip isn't it. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

BitterTom wrote:
More than decent.

I just wish they'd quit in '96.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
04 May 2019, 7:41pm
BitterTom wrote:
More than decent.

Is that when they won the lottery?

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
04 May 2019, 8:01pm
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
More than decent.

They found an expensive clock or something and it sold for millions. The shows after that were a bit forced and they were all getting too old.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
04 May 2019, 8:13pm
101Walterton wrote:
04 May 2019, 8:01pm
Heston wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
More than decent.

They found an expensive clock or something and it sold for millions. The shows after that were a bit forced and they were all getting too old.
I agree the clock one shouldve been the last.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Go on Uncle Albert, you fought in the war, you know a bit German...

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
04 May 2019, 8:20pm
Go on Uncle Albert, you fought in the war, you know a bit German...

Typically funny.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia