Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 2:37pm
revbob wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 1:52pm
Mimi wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 1:48pm
I started watching Outlander, but it was so freaking rapey that I had to stop. :naughty: :angry:
More than Game of Thrones?

I ask having never seen either but have heard it about both.

I know rape happens but generally speaking I dont think showing it on screen does the service some people might think it does.
I've never seen GoT so I couldn't tell you. Using rape as a plot line is lazy writing and I hate it. Not to mention it triggers victims.
Agreed on all points. Its an extremely traumatic experience for a person who has lived thru it and to see it played out on a big screen is unnecessary.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 2:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 1:54pm
Mimi wrote:
I started watching Outlander, but it was so freaking rapey that I had to stop. :naughty: :angry:
The Boss watches/watched all that stuff, but I get way discomforted by it all (plus I don't like the fantasy genre).
I'm okay with fantasy and I like the concept of this, but all the men wanted to rape the main character every time she walked by. Ridiculous.
Back in the day, she was just playing hard to get. It was romantic.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
The Boss watches/watched all that stuff, but I get way discomforted by it all (plus I don't like the fantasy genre).
I'm okay with fantasy and I like the concept of this, but all the men wanted to rape the main character every time she walked by. Ridiculous.
The hot guy gets raped too, so that makes it ok! :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 2:34pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
The hot guy gets raped too, so that makes it ok! :shifty:
:yuck:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We decided to give Hello Ladies another shot. Tried it a few years ago and for whatever reason it did turn on the lights for me. This time, we're dying. It's an amazing thing to be embarrassed and aghast by the behaviour of a fictional character, and yet …

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 2:45pm
We decided to give Hello Ladies another shot. Tried it a few years ago and for whatever reason it did turn on the lights for me. This time, we're dying. It's an amazing thing to be embarrassed and aghast by the behaviour of a fictional character, and yet …
This is how you know Gervais was the less talented one. Hello Ladies was great.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 3:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
This is how you know Gervais was the less talented one. Hello Ladies was great.
It's hard not to think the greater talent and vision of the two is Merchant.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
So I never watched this because the preview icon that shows on my TV made me think that was the big bang theory guy wearing glasses.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Jan 2021, 5:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
So I never watched this because the preview icon that shows on my TV made me think that was the big bang theory guy wearing glasses.
It's the opposite of the Big Bang Theory guy. Among other things, Merchant seems like a guy you'd want to hang around with. Gervais is abrasive (leaning very much to prick), whereas Merchant seems more bemused by human folly.

gobshyte
Corner Soul

Post by gobshyte »

An 8 part Spanish production called 30 Monedas (30 Coins in English), it's on HBO and its feckin brilliant. Oh and Mandalorian series 2 which is also great
Broadsword calling Danny Boy, Broadsword calling Danny Boy"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Okay, the Boss and I seriously disagree about this commercial. I see the boy as genuinely touched that the girl is upset and hopes to make her feel better with some chocolate (basically, what the ad maker wants us to think). The Boss is cynical and see the kid as just using the girl as an excuse to open up his chocolate bar—if I give her some, I get some too. Opinions?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 4:20pm

Okay, the Boss and I seriously disagree about this commercial. I see the boy as genuinely touched that the girl is upset and hopes to make her feel better with some chocolate (basically, what the ad maker wants us to think). The Boss is cynical and see the kid as just using the girl as an excuse to open up his chocolate bar—if I give her some, I get some too. Opinions?
Im a bit of a cynic myself but I dont give the kid enough credit to be so conniving.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 5:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Im a bit of a cynic myself but I dont give the kid enough credit to be so conniving.
Cos the kid is a Limey? :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 6:06pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I dont normally attribute that sort of behavior to a kid in general.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 6:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 6:06pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I dont normally attribute that sort of behavior to a kid in general.
And you call yourself a cynic!