Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by BitterTom »

To my neighbors who kept me up when Liverpool won the CL, guess who has tomorrow off work? Dreadlock Holiday playing all night, I love it!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

It is going to be a loooong day. Would have been longer had we lost but already accused of cheating and that NZ actually won :huh:

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 3:46pm
revbob wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 3:01pm
laxman wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 2:46pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 2:32pm
That was, hands down, the best cricket match I have ever seen. The drama was second to none. I am gobsmacked by how close that was. Well done England, that was one to remember for a long, long time .
That was ridiculous. I feel really bad for New Zealand, that ultimately came down to who got the breaks. Neesham looked so calm and focussed in that super over, Archer looked nervous. England did incredibly well to fight back though during their innings. Amazing stuff.
I recently had a Jamaican and an Indian try to tell me how great Cricket is and they wouldn't cone out and say it but they also thought it better than baseball. I wasn't buying any of it.
I can't abide any sport where the word "googly" must be used in all seriousness. I don't have a lot of lines in the sand in my life, but, dammit, that's one of them.
Saw the Mescaleros at Manchester Move in Summer 2002. It was on Lancashire Cricket Club's ground. Joe made a " bowling a googly" joke/reference in one of the intros, so that's good enough for me!

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 4:10pm
It is going to be a loooong day. Would have been longer had we lost but already accused of cheating and that NZ actually won :huh:
Theres no way Stokes could have known about that ball, pure luck. Sore losers may be a tad strong given the close nature of the game but England deserved the win from their overall performances. Did you watch it mate?

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

laxman wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
That was, hands down, the best cricket match I have ever seen. The drama was second to none. I am gobsmacked by how close that was. Well done England, that was one to remember for a long, long time .
That was ridiculous. I feel really bad for New Zealand, that ultimately came down to who got the breaks. Neesham looked so calm and focussed in that super over, Archer looked nervous. England did incredibly well to fight back though during their innings. Amazing stuff.
I thought Archer would lose it after that first wide, fair enough to him to keep his composure, same to Roy for the last throw given his sloppy fielding earlier. Fantastic stuff, so glad I witnessed it!

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

revbob wrote:
laxman wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I recently had a Jamaican and an Indian try to tell me how great Cricket is and they wouldn't cone out and say it but they also thought it better than baseball. I wasn't buying any of it.
To be fair, I can't name a dozen people I know up here who follow the sport and I can understand really. Its slow pace makes it come across boring but I look at it as build up, so while 5 whole days playing a match seems very excessive, for me each ball and each over and each day just gets better and better for me reaching that explosive climax (crap sex joke here) on the final day.

In other words, I'm a bit boring.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Wolter wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 3:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 3:46pm
revbob wrote:
laxman wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I can't abide any sport where the word "googly" must be used in all seriousness. I don't have a lot of lines in the sand in my life, but, dammit, that's one of them.
I can’t imagine thinking “baseball, but MORE arcane” is a selling point.
"Wicket, we need a wicket
When summer come they play cricket"

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

BitterTom wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 4:39pm
laxman wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
I thought Archer would lose it after that first wide, fair enough to him to keep his composure, same to Roy for the last throw given his sloppy fielding earlier. Fantastic stuff, so glad I witnessed it!

Agreed with all that. The wide was a close call, but NZ deserved something to go their way! Nothing will ever get close, for me, to the excitement and drama of the 2005 Ashes, but this was still a brilliant finish.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

laxman wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 6:25pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 4:39pm
laxman wrote:
BitterTom wrote:

Agreed with all that. The wide was a close call, but NZ deserved something to go their way! Nothing will ever get close, for me, to the excitement and drama of the 2005 Ashes, but this was still a brilliant finish.
2005 at Edgbaston is the ultimate winner but this hands down has to be the greatest limited overs match ever.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
By the way when I said did you watch it mate I wasn't being co desending I just wondered if you watched the match, cheers 101

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 6:42pm
101Walterton wrote:
By the way when I said did you watch it mate I wasn't being co desending I just wondered if you watched the match, cheers 101
Yep knew what you meant 😊 No started at 9.30pm and went to 4am. Wasn’t going to stay up after being up all night watching daughter in Italy earlier in the week 💤

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 4:37pm
101Walterton wrote:
Theres no way Stokes could have known about that ball, pure luck. Sore losers may be a tad strong given the close nature of the game but England deserved the win from their overall performances. Did you watch it mate?
[/quote

You would think England made up the tiebreaker rule on the spot. Been accused of cheating and everything.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 9:27pm
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
You would think England made up the tiebreaker rule on the spot. Been accused of cheating and everything.
How many people have been moaning today? :lol:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 6:34am
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
FFS people are now claiming that if the tiebreak was wickets then NZ won???
Errrr hello that wasn’t the rule.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 6:34am
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
And the overthrow should have been 5 not 6 so not only did NZ win England should be banned for cheating!!!
Like England were the match scorers 🙄