Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 6:39am
BitterTom wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 6:34am
101Walterton wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 9:27pm
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 4:37pm
101Walterton wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 4:10pm
It is going to be a loooong day. Would have been longer had we lost but already accused of cheating and that NZ actually won :huh:
Theres no way Stokes could have known about that ball, pure luck. Sore losers may be a tad strong given the close nature of the game but England deserved the win from their overall performances. Did you watch it mate?
You would think England made up the tiebreaker rule on the spot. Been accused of cheating and everything.
How many people have been moaning today? :lol:
FFS people are now claiming that if the tiebreak was wickets then NZ won???
Errrr hello that wasn’t the rule.
My favourite comment I read was that the ICC made up their own rules.

Of course they did! It's their competition and they are the governing body of cricket!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 6:44am
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 4:37pm

Theres no way Stokes could have known about that ball, pure luck. Sore losers may be a tad strong given the close nature of the game but England deserved the win from their overall performances. Did you watch it mate?
You would think England made up the tiebreaker rule on the spot. Been accused of cheating and everything.

Of course they did! It's their competition and they are the governing body of cricket!
😂 and they made them up and told everyone before the tournament. Some people think there was a tie so the ICC went ‘ shit what are we going to do now, quick make up a rule’.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 6:49am
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

😂 and they made them up and told everyone before the tournament. Some people think there was a tie so the ICC went ‘ shit what are we going to do now, quick make up a rule’.
Is there any way you can watch the Channel 4 documentary 2005 Ashes The Greatest Series Ever online? Came on about a week ago and just got round to watching it, it was fantastic. Memories flooding back, and the drama was second to none. Fell in love with the game through this series, what a sport cricket is. 1st of August can't come quickly enough!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BitterTom wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 7:41am
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:

Is there any way you can watch the Channel 4 documentary 2005 Ashes The Greatest Series Ever online? Came on about a week ago and just got round to watching it, it was fantastic. Memories flooding back, and the drama was second to none. Fell in love with the game through this series, what a sport cricket is. 1st of August can't come quickly enough!
Just put the TV on dnd Freddie Flintoff is presenting Australian Gladiators.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/ash ... /70083-001

I hope this works.

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

laxman wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 11:33am
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

I hope this works.
That's the one. Did you watch it mate?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I'm watching a Jo Brand/Alan Davies vehicle called "Damned," which is from 2016 but has finally made its way to Britbox. Office-style filming, but slightly more serious subject matter from time to time. Has anyone else seen this one?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

BitterTom wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 1:32pm
laxman wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
BitterTom wrote:

I hope this works.
Not yet, but will. I have a full DVD box set of that series, and I still remember the incredible tension of some of the finishes, like when England scraped home at Trent Bridge, when I thought Warne was going to beat them almost single handed.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I'm really enjoying the TV version of What We Do in the Shadows. Matt Berrylicious!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

laxman wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 2:01pm
BitterTom wrote:
laxman wrote:
BitterTom wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

I hope this works.
Not yet, but will. I have a full DVD box set of that series, and I still remember the incredible tension of some of the finishes, like when England scraped home at Trent Bridge, when I thought Warne was going to beat them almost single handed.
Yeah I have that great box set too. The programme condensed the series nicely into an hour and nice to see the stars reflecting on that epic win 14 years (crazy how fast that's gone) ago. At their best, McGrath and Warne were the best pace and spin attack ever seen, easily.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 2:20pm
I'm really enjoying the TV version of What We Do in the Shadows. Matt Berrylicious!
I like it more than the movie. Matt Berry is a big part of that. Have you seen the one where they take the Baron out on the town?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 2:51pm
Silent Majority wrote:
I like it more than the movie. Matt Berry is a big part of that. Have you seen the one where they take the Baron out on the town?
Just watched that one. Class.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 2:51pm
Silent Majority wrote:
I never saw the movie but the show is great.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

BitterTom wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 2:50pm
laxman wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 2:01pm
BitterTom wrote:
laxman wrote:
BitterTom wrote:

I hope this works.
Yeah I have that great box set too. The programme condensed the series nicely into an hour and nice to see the stars reflecting on that epic win 14 years (crazy how fast that's gone) ago. At their best, McGrath and Warne were the best pace and spin attack ever seen, easily.
Yesterday’s game was the first on terrestrial TV since that 2005 series, which goes a long way to explaining why so many clubs (mine included ) have folded. Hopefully yesterday will spark some interest again. Agreed about McGrath and Warne. Thank goodness he stood on that ball and injured his ankle!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just saw the Bob's Burgers episode where Bob and Gene go see Zentipede play their 2112-like album. I was dying as Bob explained the concept album.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft