Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 5:18pm
revbob wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 5:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 4:50pm
revbob wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 4:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 3:47pm

He's got the look of a successful character actor whose name you never manage to remember.
Who has regular roles as different characters on Magnum PI, Rockford Files and Hill St Blues.
Precisely. And late in his career he gets to be the buddy of the star of a terrible sitcom.
I have this one guy in mind but I cant find him. Tall guy thinning hair big mustache. Damnit
Tom Skerritt?
No more like this guy but not this guy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 5:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 4:45pm

Who has regular roles as different characters on Magnum PI, Rockford Files and Hill St Blues.
Precisely. And late in his career he gets to be the buddy of the star of a terrible sitcom.
I have this one guy in mind but I cant find him. Tall guy thinning hair big mustache. Damnit
Tom Skerritt?

Mills Watson? He isn't tall, but he was all over 70s and 80s tv.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 5:58pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Tom Skerritt?

I think this is the guy. Brion James

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 6:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 5:58pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Tom Skerritt?

I think this is the guy. Brion James
I only vaguely recognize him.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 3:23pm
revbob wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 3:17pm
I don't recall him in any episode, tho I mostly stopped watching when Jerry O left the series. But Jesus H, what a homely goober.
I feel so badly for saying this, but goddamn it, I am tired of people trying to convince me that he is hot. Him and that Barry Keoghan guy from Saltburn.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 6:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I don't recall him in any episode, tho I mostly stopped watching when Jerry O left the series. But Jesus H, what a homely goober.
I feel so badly for saying this, but goddamn it, I am tired of people trying to convince me that he is hot. Him and that Barry Keoghan guy from Saltburn.
I feel like every so often for a split second I can see it and then poof, its gone. And I only saw Barry in The Banshees of Inisherin and aint nobody gonna think it from that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The last few seasons of Curb were fine and all, but so far this last kick at the can has been everything that made it great in the first place.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 7:18pm
JennyB wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 6:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I feel like every so often for a split second I can see it and then poof, its gone. And I only saw Barry in The Banshees of Inisherin and aint nobody gonna think it from that.
But people are trying!
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 9:27pm
The last few seasons of Curb were fine and all, but so far this last kick at the can has been everything that made it great in the first place.
Are you disgruntled?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
27 Feb 2024, 1:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 9:27pm
Are you disgruntled?
Amid his assholish behaviour regarding the breakfast menu. One of the things I liked about the episode was that it flowed back and forth so well between Larry being falsely accused of something while also acting like an entitled prick to a server and earning any misery that came his way.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This is neat:

A few years ago, the cast (minus Chevy, because his character was dead and he's an asshole) got together to do a table read of a Season 5 script for charity.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Documentary called The Program on netflix. Its about one of those places parents send their "troubled" kids to where they get beaten and abused. This place is was in Ogdensburg, NY it was closed at some point but these former kids went back to the place and it is loaded with incriminating written and video evidence. A hard watch at times.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Fired up the pilot for Newsradio. Damn but it is sharp. It doesn't just explain the concept and characters like all pilots, but is also really fucking funny, just rolling along like it was already established.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 8:11pm
Fired up the pilot for Newsradio. Damn but it is sharp. It doesn't just explain the concept and characters like all pilots, but is also really fucking funny, just rolling along like it was already established.
Missus and I are talking about watching that. One of my all time favorite shows l, tho I don't think I've watched it since college. Missus hasn't seen more than an episode or two.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 8:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2024, 8:11pm
Missus and I are talking about watching that. One of my all time favorite shows l, tho I don't think I've watched it since college. Missus hasn't seen more than an episode or two.
Having just rewatched a ton of Community—side note: that final season on Yahoo was a whole lot better than I remembered; not as good as the first three seasons, but far from a sick horse—what it and Newsradio share is, apart from a superb cast that all take turns kicking butt, just a fantastic vision and scripts right from the start. There's no period of a show figuring itself out, just a beautifully created work that knows what it's doing out of the gate.