Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 6:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 6:32pm
tepista wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 6:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 6:23pm
tepista wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 6:19pm
I don't read this thread.
https://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic. ... 99#p628499
oh, I saw this thread first. opps though.
It's so rare that a person gets to use the "I don't read this thread" shiv. I felt blessed.
equally rare that someone would misspell "oops".
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Seinfeld is on netflix and so I'm finally catching up, mostly to see what all the hype was. It's growing on me, but I get frustrated because eveything could have been resolved quickly and easily if the characters would have just communicated properly from the get-go.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 8:41pm
Seinfeld is on netflix and so I'm finally catching up, mostly to see what all the hype was. It's growing on me, but I get frustrated because eveything could have been resolved quickly and easily if the characters would have just communicated properly from the get-go.
Ah, so you are unfamiliar with the situation comedy, or “sit com.” May I direct you to a little televised comedy series entitled Three’s Company?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 9:18pm
Mimi wrote:
Ah, so you are unfamiliar with the situation comedy, or “sit com.” May I direct you to a little televised comedy series entitled Three’s Company?
I've always hated Three's Company.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Mimi wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 9:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Staaaaaaahn-lee!

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 6:05am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Staaaaaaahn-lee!
I did like the Ropers, though.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Yeah same, although Joyce DeWitt...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 8:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 6:05am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Staaaaaaahn-lee!
I did like the Ropers, though.
I remember reading someone suggest that if Three's Company debuted in the 1950s (and we ignore the sexual innuendo and gay jokes), it would have been regarded in the same way that I Love Lucy is. Which, well, perhaps, as the humour seems as forced and telegraphed as I Love Lucy.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 8:39am
I remember reading someone suggest that if Three's Company debuted in the 1950s (and we ignore the sexual innuendo and gay jokes), it would have been regarded in the same way that I Love Lucy is. Which, well, perhaps, as the humour seems as forced and telegraphed as I Love Lucy.
I always wondered why this is so often the case. Wouldn't one rather be surprised?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 9:42am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Oct 2021, 8:39am
I always wondered why this is so often the case. Wouldn't one rather be surprised?
For the same reason that people go to fast food franchises—there's comfort in predictably. Plus, on an unconscious less perhaps, it's an ego reinforcement. You're genre-smart and can "read ahead" and predict the jokes. Sour Marxist cultural critics look at all that as proof we're happily brainwashed, but you can think of it as just being well-versed in genre reading, that unless you watch enough sitcoms, you won't have that competency. I'm not keen on the style, but I lean toward the genre side of things.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

https://www.netflix.com/title/81450094

We watched "Count Me In" on Netflix last night. It's a love letter to drummers and features an appearance from Topper (as well as an archival appearance from Joe). I liked it.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I like the one where there's a big misunderstanding.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 4:47pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
That's where they jumped the shark.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 5:02pm
Kory wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 4:47pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
That's where they jumped the shark.
I like the one where they jump the shark.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc