Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 7:27pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 7:20pm
Mimi wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 7:11pm
Just started watching Lost in Space. lulz It brings back a lot of memories, like how much anxiety Dr. Smith gave me, but for 1965 I bet it was something special. My crush on Dr. West is renewed. As a kid, though, I didn't notice how incompetent this whole crew of "sceintists" were. Good fun.
I've never actually seen an episode, but my department head in Greensboro was a cousin of the guy who played Dr. Smith.
It's cheesy fun. If you have Hulu, give it a go. Skip the pilot, though, as it just repeats in the second episode.
Hulu is Canuck-allergic. :sad:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 7:34pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Just started watching Lost in Space. lulz It brings back a lot of memories, like how much anxiety Dr. Smith gave me, but for 1965 I bet it was something special. My crush on Dr. West is renewed. As a kid, though, I didn't notice how incompetent this whole crew of "sceintists" were. Good fun.
I've never actually seen an episode, but my department head in Greensboro was a cousin of the guy who played Dr. Smith.
It's cheesy fun. If you have Hulu, give it a go. Skip the pilot, though, as it just repeats in the second episode.
Those bastards!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Those bastards!
If it were vital, I could VPN that shit, but it's an extra hassle. And, after all these years, you should know that I'm really fucking lazy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 7:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Those lucky bastards!
Corrected

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
Yeah me too.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Because it's break week for school and I'm done my grading, I've watched crappy tv on a re-run channel. More specifically I watch episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies and My Three Sons. I feel my intelligence has been halved yet I didn't get to laugh even once.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 1:01pm
Because it's break week for school and I'm done my grading, I've watched crappy tv on a re-run channel. More specifically I watch episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies and My Three Sons. I feel my intelligence has been halved yet I didn't get to laugh even once.
I'd love to watch My Three Sons again to see if it was as mediocre as I remember.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 1:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'd love to watch My Three Sons again to see if it was as mediocre as I remember.
And this episode had a vaguely thrilling plot. Fred MacMurray is contacted by the Defence Dept to work on some secret weapon(!), but has to keep his family in the dark. But the youngest kid snoops and then minor mirth breaks out as various family members ineptly blab about it, as federal agents listen in.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 1:29pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
And this episode had a vaguely thrilling plot. Fred MacMurray is contacted by the Defence Dept to work on some secret weapon(!), but has to keep his family in the dark. But the youngest kid snoops and then minor mirth breaks out as various family members ineptly blab about it, as federal agents listen in.
That gawldern Ernie.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I'm watching live baseball :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 2:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That gawldern Ernie.
Nope, not Ernie. He wasn't in the family yet (he was mentioned in the episode, tho).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 2:17pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
That gawldern Ernie.
Nope, not Ernie. He wasn't in the family yet (he was mentioned in the episode, tho).
Wasn't Ernie adopted?

Chip would have been the youngest before that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 10:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 2:17pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

That gawldern Ernie.
Wasn't Ernie adopted?

Chip would have been the youngest before that.
I looked it up. Yup, it would have been Chip, and Ernie was adopted after the oldest son left the show so that they could maintain the three son quota.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Mary Tyler Moore Show. Was vaguely aware of it when I was a child. It's good, charming, innocent, and kinda funny. I love Rhoda.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
10 Mar 2023, 2:37pm
Mary Tyler Moore Show. Was vaguely aware of it when I was a child. It's good, charming, innocent, and kinda funny. I love Rhoda.
A few years ago I was watching it regularly on some re-run sitcom channel. It's held up quite well, overall. I really appreciated Ted Knight more—a fantastic comedic actor. And the early version of the theme song has just enough melancholy at the beginning to make the ending soar.