Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 14341
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Silent Majority » 19 Nov 2018, 3:10pm

JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:07pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 11:45am
Anyone watch Schitt's Creek?
I've tried a couple times because I adore Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara, but it never caught me.
I just started watching. Not sure if I like it, but I am 10 episodes in.
I've seen them all and I'm not sure I like it
Kool Moe Dee was in the Treacherous Three

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7669
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob » 19 Nov 2018, 3:26pm

Silent Majority wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 3:10pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 12:07pm
JennyB wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 11:45am
Anyone watch Schitt's Creek?
I've tried a couple times because I adore Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara, but it never caught me.
I just started watching. Not sure if I like it, but I am 10 episodes in.
I've seen them all and I'm not sure I like it
Ive almost watched it a few times.

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 9133
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Inder » 19 Nov 2018, 4:17pm

It's so CBC.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 19 Nov 2018, 4:19pm

Inder wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 4:17pm
It's so CBC.
It lacks being set in the late 19th or early 20th centuries for being peak CBC.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7669
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob » 19 Nov 2018, 5:09pm

Inder wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 4:17pm
It's so CBC.
Is the RCMP represented?

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17550
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton » 20 Nov 2018, 8:30pm

Just started Fargo 3.
Enjoying it but struggling to get past ‘that’s Ewen McGregor’ which spoils both characters for me.
Hopefully a few more episodes and I won’t notice.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 Nov 2018, 10:21pm

101Walterton wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 8:30pm
Just started Fargo 3.
Enjoying it but struggling to get past ‘that’s Ewen McGregor’ which spoils both characters for me.
Hopefully a few more episodes and I won’t notice.
"I can help." :sad:

(You'll understand eventually.)
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17550
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Currently watching.

Post by 101Walterton » 20 Nov 2018, 10:22pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 10:21pm
101Walterton wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 8:30pm
Just started Fargo 3.
Enjoying it but struggling to get past ‘that’s Ewen McGregor’ which spoils both characters for me.
Hopefully a few more episodes and I won’t notice.
"I can help." :sad:

(You'll understand eventually.)
The missus is back in Aussie and the kids are studying for exams (not that either watch TV) so Fargo binge watching for me tonight :approve: .

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 20 Nov 2018, 10:26pm

101Walterton wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 10:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 10:21pm
101Walterton wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 8:30pm
Just started Fargo 3.
Enjoying it but struggling to get past ‘that’s Ewen McGregor’ which spoils both characters for me.
Hopefully a few more episodes and I won’t notice.
"I can help." :sad:

(You'll understand eventually.)
The missus is back in Aussie and the kids are studying for exams (not that either watch TV) so Fargo binge watching for me tonight :approve: .
Read: Dad's vegetable matter. ;)
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

daredevil
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4614
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:35pm
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by daredevil » 20 Nov 2018, 11:03pm

I liked Rick's final episode on the Walking Dead. The scenes with Shane were really good.
But Maggies exit is strange, no special episode, Just talked about that she moved on to another community.

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1866
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Currently watching.

Post by laxman » 21 Nov 2018, 5:33pm

daredevil wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 11:03pm
I liked Rick's final episode on the Walking Dead. The scenes with Shane were really good.
But Maggies exit is strange, no special episode, Just talked about that she moved on to another community.
Agreed it was a bit strange. Maybe she will return if her new TV series flops. Bit surprised to hear the Jesus and Mary Chain blasting out on the latest episode. It was Jesus (naturally) that was playing it.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Nov 2018, 7:14am

The Boss binged thru The Handmaid's Tale this weekend (whether she got thru all of the second season, I don't know), so I caught pieces here and there. It looked especially harrowing and compelling. Not sure I could sit down and watch it as the dystopia seemed a little too plausible, which would only amp up my usual anxieties.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7669
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by revbob » 26 Nov 2018, 8:06am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 7:14am
The Boss binged thru The Handmaid's Tale this weekend (whether she got thru all of the second season, I don't know), so I caught pieces here and there. It looked especially harrowing and compelling. Not sure I could sit down and watch it as the dystopia seemed a little too plausible, which would only amp up my usual anxieties.
Been meaning to watch this but it means I would need to acquire it thru extra legal means which I do all the time for other shows but for whatever reason I haven't gotten this one yet.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79846
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Nov 2018, 8:30am

revbob wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 8:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 7:14am
The Boss binged thru The Handmaid's Tale this weekend (whether she got thru all of the second season, I don't know), so I caught pieces here and there. It looked especially harrowing and compelling. Not sure I could sit down and watch it as the dystopia seemed a little too plausible, which would only amp up my usual anxieties.
Been meaning to watch this but it means I would need to acquire it thru extra legal means which I do all the time for other shows but for whatever reason I haven't gotten this one yet.
We can't legally get Hulu in Canada (I don't think), but it was being shown on one of the on-demand channels. From what I saw of the show, it is very well done. One unintentionally funny moment that we both snickered at, tho, had a flashback to a character who was a prof and was told she had to spend more time on research and less time teaching. She was outraged that she wasn't able to spend more time dealing with undergrads. Those blue lobster academics exist, but, yeah, not often.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40304
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Marky Dread » 26 Nov 2018, 8:57am

Just watched the first season of "Lie to Me". Tim Roth is great in this and I'm looking forward to season 2.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests