Page 191 of 193

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 30 Oct 2020, 1:36pm
by tepista
revbob wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 12:06pm
I think the Boss is coming around to Rick & Morty. She generated a genuine laugh at the episode where Jerry, living alone in a shitty apartment, and has an encounter with a wolf he takes his welfare cheque. She laughed as the wind blows by, whispering, "Loooooooser."
My wife can't stand this show. I also got an extra ration of shit yesterday for never being serious and making jokes of everything. I probably need some time for self reflection.
Don't know why your wives squanch it, my wife squanches it.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 30 Oct 2020, 1:48pm
by Dr. Medulla
tepista wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 1:36pm
revbob wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 12:06pm
I think the Boss is coming around to Rick & Morty. She generated a genuine laugh at the episode where Jerry, living alone in a shitty apartment, and has an encounter with a wolf he takes his welfare cheque. She laughed as the wind blows by, whispering, "Loooooooser."
My wife can't stand this show. I also got an extra ration of shit yesterday for never being serious and making jokes of everything. I probably need some time for self reflection.
Don't know why your wives squanch it, my wife squanches it.
I guess it takes a certain state of squanch to get it.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 30 Oct 2020, 2:28pm
by Silent Majority
My wife loves Bob's Burgers. We went as Bob & Louise one Halloween.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 30 Oct 2020, 2:39pm
by Dr. Medulla
Silent Majority wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 2:28pm
My wife loves Bob's Burgers. We went as Bob & Louise one Halloween.
You'd kill as Linda, definitely.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 30 Oct 2020, 7:33pm
by Kory
tepista wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 1:36pm
revbob wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 12:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Oct 2020, 12:06pm
I think the Boss is coming around to Rick & Morty. She generated a genuine laugh at the episode where Jerry, living alone in a shitty apartment, and has an encounter with a wolf he takes his welfare cheque. She laughed as the wind blows by, whispering, "Loooooooser."
My wife can't stand this show. I also got an extra ration of shit yesterday for never being serious and making jokes of everything. I probably need some time for self reflection.
Don't know why your wives squanch it, my wife squanches it.
Maggie loves it almost as much as me, I think. The thing I can't get her into is the Simpsons, for some accursed reason.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 15 Nov 2020, 6:03pm
by revbob
Anyone catch last week's Bob's Burgers?

They had another appearance from Boyz 4 Now doing "Someday We'll Spoon "

"Someday we'll spoon
Not anytime soon.
I'm gonna hold you
When we're much older
Till then I'll gently touch your shoulder
And if the moment's feeling right
I'll squeeze your hand to say
Good night "

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 15 Nov 2020, 7:12pm
by Dr. Medulla
revbob wrote:
15 Nov 2020, 6:03pm
Anyone catch last week's Bob's Burgers?

They had another appearance from Boyz 4 Now doing "Someday We'll Spoon "

"Someday we'll spoon
Not anytime soon.
I'm gonna hold you
When we're much older
Till then I'll gently touch your shoulder
And if the moment's feeling right
I'll squeeze your hand to say
Good night "
It's weird that we watch BB re-runs regularly, but I don't think we've yet watched it on Sunday evening.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 20 Nov 2020, 8:42pm
by Dr. Medulla
We just finished a rewatch of You're the Worst, and it is even better in concentrated form. One of the best realized series of the past twenty years, if not more. It flows between absurd and raunchy sex comedy and gut-wrenching drama that covers depression, family dysfunction, and PTSD so seamlessly. One thing we noticed more this time around is how strong all the supporting cast are. And it's that rarest of birds—a series that fucking nailed the finale—funny, sweet, and capturing the essence of the overall narrative. Seriously, if you've never watched it, do so.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 20 Nov 2020, 10:04pm
by Kory
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 8:42pm
We just finished a rewatch of You're the Worst, and it is even better in concentrated form. One of the best realized series of the past twenty years, if not more. It flows between absurd and raunchy sex comedy and gut-wrenching drama that covers depression, family dysfunction, and PTSD so seamlessly. One thing we noticed more this time around is how strong all the supporting cast are. And it's that rarest of birds—a series that fucking nailed the finale—funny, sweet, and capturing the essence of the overall narrative. Seriously, if you've never watched it, do so.
Is it streaming anywhere?

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 20 Nov 2020, 10:10pm
by Dr. Medulla
Kory wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 10:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 8:42pm
We just finished a rewatch of You're the Worst, and it is even better in concentrated form. One of the best realized series of the past twenty years, if not more. It flows between absurd and raunchy sex comedy and gut-wrenching drama that covers depression, family dysfunction, and PTSD so seamlessly. One thing we noticed more this time around is how strong all the supporting cast are. And it's that rarest of birds—a series that fucking nailed the finale—funny, sweet, and capturing the essence of the overall narrative. Seriously, if you've never watched it, do so.
Is it streaming anywhere?
It's an FXX series, so if you have an on-demand service with FXX, it should still be there.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 21 Nov 2020, 2:31pm
by Mimi
Just discovered Community. It makes me laugh.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 21 Nov 2020, 4:07pm
by Dr. Medulla
Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 2:31pm
Just discovered Community. It makes me laugh.
Seasons 1–3 are pure gold. After that, it gets spotty—still worth watching it all, but be prepared for some thuds.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 21 Nov 2020, 4:33pm
by Mimi
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:07pm
Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 2:31pm
Just discovered Community. It makes me laugh.
Seasons 1–3 are pure gold. After that, it gets spotty—still worth watching it all, but be prepared for some thuds.
While this show is mostly a hit for me, there have been episodes throughout (I'm on season 4 now) that have been a miss. Troy and Abed keep me coming back. I can't stand Pierce, but I'm not sure if it's his character who drives me insane or knowing that Chevy Chase is a complete knob.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 21 Nov 2020, 4:54pm
by Dr. Medulla
Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:07pm
Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 2:31pm
Just discovered Community. It makes me laugh.
Seasons 1–3 are pure gold. After that, it gets spotty—still worth watching it all, but be prepared for some thuds.
While this show is mostly a hit for me, there have been episodes throughout (I'm on season 4 now) that have been a miss. Troy and Abed keep me coming back. I can't stand Pierce, but I'm not sure if it's his character who drives me insane or knowing that Chevy Chase is a complete knob.
Knowing what we know about CC, I enjoyed that his character is such an ass. But you're right, the relationship between Troy and Abed is dynamite.

Re: Currently watching.

Posted: 21 Nov 2020, 5:18pm
by revbob
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:54pm
Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 4:07pm
Mimi wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 2:31pm
Just discovered Community. It makes me laugh.
Seasons 1–3 are pure gold. After that, it gets spotty—still worth watching it all, but be prepared for some thuds.
While this show is mostly a hit for me, there have been episodes throughout (I'm on season 4 now) that have been a miss. Troy and Abed keep me coming back. I can't stand Pierce, but I'm not sure if it's his character who drives me insane or knowing that Chevy Chase is a complete knob.
Knowing what we know about CC, I enjoyed that his character is such an ass. But you're right, the relationship between Troy and Abed is dynamite.
Its a great pairing. I also became awfully find of Annie's Boobs.