Thatcher dead.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thatcher dead.

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23518587

It's OK, Limeys. Lizzie had things covered if Mags got a little too button-happy during a phone sex session with Reagan.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23518587

It's OK, Limeys. Lizzie had things covered if Mags got a little too button-happy during a phone sex session with Reagan.
Like she wouldn't have been in a luxurious bunker with a lifetime's supply of baked beans.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Rat Patrol wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23518587

Yeah I almost forgot you poor fuckers had Ray-gun. I thought we had it bad with the milk snatcher.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 10:21am
They print that like it's some kind of gotcha or something. Just one more reason to warm to the fella.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 10:28am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They print that like it's some kind of gotcha or something. Just one more reason to warm to the fella.
That was my impression. Makes him more of a man of the people to me.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Insanely based Corbyn, yet again
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 10:47am
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
For all i think he made mistakes and was weak as a leader, the sheer energy that has gone in to destroying Corbyn is truly spectacular. I don't know if you can call it an achievement exactly, but he definitely had them rattled for a while, forced them to really up their game to take him down.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Low Down Low wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 10:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
For all i think he made mistakes and was weak as a leader, the sheer energy that has gone in to destroying Corbyn is truly spectacular. I don't know if you can call it an achievement exactly, but he definitely had them rattled for a while, forced them to really up their game to take him down.
Scooby-Doo style, he unmasked Labour insiders for the institutional liberals they actually are.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Corbyn's biggest failure was not acting quick enough to stop the anti-semitism that had crept into the Labour party. That was a massive error of judgement.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 10:58am
Low Down Low wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 10:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Scooby-Doo style, he unmasked Labour insiders for the institutional liberals they actually are.
Can't post pics from my phone for some reason but this is where i would insert the backdrop from the ongoing Labour conference this week that folk have been comparing to Ukip from about a decade ago.

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 11:14am
Corbyn's biggest failure was not acting quick enough to stop the anti-semitism that had crept into the Labour party. That was a massive error of judgement.
I thought the Labour Files doc on Al Jazeera over the weekend made for some very interesting but uncomfortable viewing. I think Corbyn made mistakes for sure, but when he states it was exaggerated for factional issues, it seems hard to disagree. The Gen Sec of the party, hostile to Corbyn, actually stated that himself early on.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Low Down Low wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 11:36am
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Sep 2022, 11:14am
I thought the Labour Files doc on Al Jazeera over the weekend made for some very interesting but uncomfortable viewing. I think Corbyn made mistakes for sure, but when he states it was exaggerated for factional issues, it seems hard to disagree. The Gen Sec of the party, hostile to Corbyn, actually stated that himself early on.
Sure Corbyn was in for a rough ride. And just how much anti-semitism had occurred isn't the issue. There should be no anti-semitism period. Jewish Labour supporters were unhappy and he had a chance to act and chose not to which was very disappointing.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »