I Need to Kill Squirrels

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

I Need to Kill Squirrels

Post by revbob »

They've taken over and they eat all my berries.

Beaneater as the resident professional on this board what's your weapon of choice?

I'm thinking a Crossman 760 (I had one as a kid and found it to be pretty effective.). I'm in somewhat of an urban setting so anything stronger than a bb/pellet gun is out of the question.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: I Need to Kill Squirrels

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:They've taken over and they eat all my berries.

Beaneater as the resident professional on this board what's your weapon of choice?

I'm thinking a Crossman 760 (I had one as a kid and found it to be pretty effective.). I'm in somewhat of an urban setting so anything stronger than a bb/pellet gun is out of the question.
Get a Have-a-heart trap and a recycling bin. Set trap. Catch squirrel. Fill bin with water. Drop in trap. Drown squirrel. Repeat.

I used an air rifle too but it's a bit inhumane. If you only wing the guy he'll get away and die in the trees or bushes.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Get a greenhouse?

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

I am anxious to here your results.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

My parents' yard is overrun with moles. Like, dozens upon dozens of tunnels...more every morning. My dad's tried the inhumane snap traps, but they're kind of a ripoff because the upper-level tunnels are only the ones they dig to trap food, not where the lairs are (they abandon the food tunnels at sight of foreign objects).

I've heard smoke bombs work well, but how do you find the fuckers' lairs? They supposedly dig them below the frost line, so that's at least a foot down.

Note: My dad's recuping from back surgery and my mom's got an asinine vermin phobia she won't man-up around, so that's probably gonna be me who has to KILLvan their whole yard...or at least those were the not-so-subtle hints they were dropping when I visited this weekend. :shifty:

Try to suggest high-powered explosives that won't blow off my fucking hand or something, because I'm a menace to (especially) myself and others with fire or power tools.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Definitely not. Yet another reason not to do meth.

BBE I have yet to start on my anti-squirrel crusade. It will be a good month or so before the bushes/trees bare any fruit. Last year they got every single cherry. And they waited until they were just about ripe. I'm not sure I could do the drowning thing but it was suggested by another person as well, another suggested a relocation (no way).

I think I'll get the BB gun and go from there, I was a pretty good shot in my youth and 10 pumps on the old Crossman was pretty effective.

And I will not be building a greenhouse (I'd get fined for not having a building permit and then they'd ding me on property taxes as well, I've tried netting and a useless cat neither worked very well. The fuckers have no predators in this area.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Come and 'ave a go if you think your 'ard enuff!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Mole advice from Jasper Carrott...Very funny :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Everything about that meme is true.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy