Myers Briggs

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Meyers Briggs

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:Marky's a genius, but we all knew that.
Ha! hardly my head is really hurting now. The fish one was easier.
My head'd pop like Scanners if I tried to get the bottom of a complicated maths question.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:I've trained my brain to pretty much shut down when anything more complicated than calculating a tip is involved. The same just happenensfinvaorpnvej apeiaueraehbrv
:lol: You and the missuz are of the same tribe.
I never got higher than a C in math at school, though I'm shocked it wasn't much lower. I think it's my frustration with the learning process there that feeds my current distaste for numbers. I just read Marky's rundown and my eyes quite literally glazed over.
My wife is a mathphobe, plain and simple. She sees numbers and panics. She's proof to me that IQ tests, which rely heavily on math, are bullshit, because she ain't dumb.
Well don't tell her that—the power dynamics of your relationship will change.
That I'm able to set up grading spreadsheets for her is about all that's keeping her from changing the locks.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
My head'd pop like Scanners if I tried to get the bottom of a complicated maths question.
I have to have complete silence for concentration or my head seriously hurts. It feels like I'm battling with myself and I don't like the feeling much.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
I have to have complete silence for concentration or my head seriously hurts. It feels like I'm battling with myself and I don't like the feeling much.
Just had an image of you having a punch up with yourself in a diner, Superman III style.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Just had an image of you having a punch up with yourself in a diner, Superman III style.
Haha. If I had a fight with myself I know I would lose. I'm very scared of hurting myself.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Funny, the first one seems obvious to me now, but I'm still not entirely sure how you worked out the fish one.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Funny, the first one seems obvious to me now, but I'm still not entirely sure how you worked out the fish one.
Trial and error?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Trial and error?
I got hung up on trying to figure out how the tail's length includes half the body, but the body's length includes knowing the tail's length. It can undoubtedly be broken down into a really simple equation, but I'm way too far removed from algebra class to work it out.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:I've trained my brain to pretty much shut down when anything more complicated than calculating a tip is involved. The same just happenensfinvaorpnvej apeiaueraehbrv
I never got higher than a C in math at school, though I'm shocked it wasn't much lower. I think it's my frustration with the learning process there that feeds my current distaste for numbers. I just read Marky's rundown and my eyes quite literally glazed over.
My wife is a mathphobe, plain and simple. She sees numbers and panics. She's proof to me that IQ tests, which rely heavily on math, are bullshit, because she ain't dumb.
I hate math.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hate math.
And it hates all of us!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Trial and error?
Yes and luck.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Trial and error?
I got hung up on trying to figure out how the tail's length includes half the body, but the body's length includes knowing the tail's length. It can undoubtedly be broken down into a really simple equation, but I'm way too far removed from algebra class to work it out.
Body = 9 + 9 + ½ Body

Body = 18 + ½ Body

½ Body = 18

18 x 2

Body = 36 inches

The rest falls into place.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:I got hung up on trying to figure out how the tail's length includes half the body, but the body's length includes knowing the tail's length. It can undoubtedly be broken down into a really simple equation, but I'm way too far removed from algebra class to work it out.
Body = 9 + 9 + ½ Body

Body = 18 + ½ Body

½ Body = 18

18 x 2

Body = 36 inches

I know I won't be able to properly express myself here, but that doesn't quite make sense to me. It feels like there should be something infinite about the calculation, where you take half the body and add it to the body, but that means having to recalculate by that new length and so on. It just goes over and over, growing by a smaller and smaller amount each time, but infinitely so. Kind of like one of Zeno's Paradoxes. Of course I'm wrong in my thinking here, but that is where I'm hung up.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:I got hung up on trying to figure out how the tail's length includes half the body, but the body's length includes knowing the tail's length. It can undoubtedly be broken down into a really simple equation, but I'm way too far removed from algebra class to work it out.
Body = 9 + 9 + ½ Body

Body = 18 + ½ Body

½ Body = 18

18 x 2

Body = 36 inches

I know I won't be able to properly express myself here, but that doesn't quite make sense to me. It feels like there should be something infinite about the calculation, where you take half the body and add it to the body, but that means having to recalculate by that new length and so on. It just goes over and over, growing by a smaller and smaller amount each time, but infinitely so. Kind of like one of Zeno's Paradoxes. Of course I'm wrong in my thinking here, but that is where I'm hung up.
You do take half the body and add it to the body. But I'm sure to be looking at the calculation in it's simplest form anything more complex and I'm out of here. That Zeno's Paradox is impossibly fascinating.

I think the fish is a red herring.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:You do take half the body and add it to the body. But I'm sure to be looking at the calculation in it's simplest form anything more complex and I'm out of here.
And your interpretation is almost certainly correct, if for no other reason than one of the answers being "it's a paradox of infinity."
I think the fish is a red herring.
You're awful.

edit: Googled and found this breakdown, confirming your solution:
H = head length H = 9
T = tail length T = H + (1/2)B
B = body length B = H + T

Starting with B, substitute the values for H & T
B = 9 + 9 + (1/2)B

B = 18 + (1/2)B
(1/2)B = 18
2/1 x (1/2)B = 18 x 2/1
Body = 36 inches

Tail = H + (1/2)B
T = 9 + (1/2)36
T = 9 + 18
T = 27 inches

The total length = H + B + T
= 9 + 36 + 27
= 72 inches