Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 3:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 1:01pm
revbob wrote:
08 Mar 2020, 12:21pm
I dreamed I got in a fight with an Angels fan.
Coincidently, I want to arrange for you and Tep to drink heavily together.
The guy in my dream was an asshole though, actually started the altercation.
Right—we usually star in our dreams.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I had a dream last night that I switched careers and became an oncologist. And I was woefully inadequate at not the treatment or scientific aspect, but at speaking with patients. Which is the weird part because I speak with people for a living (and even though I hate most of them, I am really good at faking it).
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 9:32am
I had a dream last night that I switched careers and became an oncologist. And I was woefully inadequate at not the treatment or scientific aspect, but at speaking with patients. Which is the weird part because I speak with people for a living (and even though I hate most of them, I am really good at faking it).
You didnt happen to beat up any Angels fans did you? Think real hard.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Do you think there's a connection in the dream to your actual job? I'm dubious about that stuff—generally, I think our dreams are just our brains running wild, in random mode—but it's really tempting to see some kind of internal conversation in that dream.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 9:52am
JennyB wrote:
I think the only Angels fan I know is Tep, and he's a national fucking treasure, so no.
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 10:06am
JennyB wrote:
Do you think there's a connection in the dream to your actual job? I'm dubious about that stuff—generally, I think our dreams are just our brains running wild, in random mode—but it's really tempting to see some kind of internal conversation in that dream.
I doubt it - I actually really like my job right now and don't seem to have as many anxiety related dreams. I think it was just an unconscious brain dump.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 10:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I doubt it - I actually really like my job right now and don't seem to have as many anxiety related dreams. I think it was just an unconscious brain dump.
Given our innate ability to find patterns in the random—e.g., figures in clouds—I'm wary of there being something meaningful in dreams. On the upside, you were pretty skilled medically in your dream, so that was good!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 10:14am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Given our innate ability to find patterns in the random—e.g., figures in clouds—I'm wary of there being something meaningful in dreams. On the upside, you were pretty skilled medically in your dream, so that was good!
Silver linings?
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 10:17am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 10:14am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Silver linings?
File that alongside all the arguments you've won in the shower against powerful assholes (I'm on a Cal Ripken-like streak in that category!).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

JennyB wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 10:07am
revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I think the only Angels fan I know is Tep, and he's a national fucking treasure, so no.
No never Tep, he's one of the good ones. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 10:49am
JennyB wrote:
09 Mar 2020, 10:07am
revbob wrote:
JennyB wrote:
No never Tep, he's one of the good ones. :shifty:
You sure about that? He hates the Red Sox, which isn't a very good thing, I'm sure you would agree.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Crazy-ass dream that kept going throughout the night, even when I woke up and went back to sleep. I had come to believe that my mother's death wasn't natural, that my siblings had killed her. While investigating I found the key piece of evidence—a license plate from a vehicle my parents owned in the 1950s. So I grabbed it and the rest of the dream I was on the run. I was in huge houses and underground tunnels, doors after doors, always a couple steps ahead of various pursuers. I'd steal motorcycles and cars, driving cross country. If you've ever seen the tv series Nowhere Man, it seemed an extension of that.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was at a doctor's office where an old lady named Merle and I were waiting for the results of a cancer test. Mine was, I guess, bone cancer because there were fears that if I exercised I'd break my leg off. Merle and I agreed to do the suicide machine thing if the tests showed we had cancer or it had come back or it was terminal—something like that. I found out that my test was negative and I was waiting for a friend who was supposed to meet me in Philadelphia and Florida (somehow it was both) for a concert, but they never called. While waiting a Dairy Queen in Saskatoon, I found out that Merle's diagnosis was positive, so I strapped on the suicide equipment. One of our cats woke me up at that point.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

This is from a couple weeks ago:
I dreamed I was Mike Pence, Mayor of Savannah - that Mike Pence (I was wearing a stupid dark blue suit and everything.) As mayor I had ordered all essential businesses to close because of the coronavirus, so I was driving around town to all of the gas stations to make sure they were closed. The car I was driving was a 1960s aqua and chrome convertible with tail fins. The car was the only cool part of the dream.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JoseUnidos wrote:
03 May 2020, 4:51pm
This is from a couple weeks ago:
I dreamed I was Mike Pence, Mayor of Savannah - that Mike Pence (I was wearing a stupid dark blue suit and everything.) As mayor I had ordered all essential businesses to close because of the coronavirus, so I was driving around town to all of the gas stations to make sure they were closed. The car I was driving was a 1960s aqua and chrome convertible with tail fins. The car was the only cool part of the dream.
You made sure you weren't alone with any women?