Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 9:01am
revbob wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 8:56am
A lot of dumb work stuff much of the night.

This one is a little fuzzy...
At one point I had a dream where it was summer and I had some food on the grill and picked some corn to cook. A neighbor came by and I offered her to stay for dinner. I could immediately tell my wife didn't want that. The neighbor accepted the offer though and soon it was an all out party. But I wasn't able to have much fun as I was going around checking on things and some food got burned. I tried a burger and it was like biting into a piece of burnt toast. It just crumbled in my mouth and it tasted awful. Then I found some burned burgers in the laundry closet. The dream started at my current home and eventually switched to where I grew up. People kept showing up whenever I tried to sit down and chat with someone so I had to do the host thing and say hello, introduce everyone etc. Then fucking work crept into it too and I had some report I needed to submit the next day but I didnt have all the data I needed and my dog (from when I was a kid) showed up and started drinking from a flower pot with rainwater in it. And someone got really upset about that. I took him inside but couldn't find a bowl to put water in for him so I just sat with him pet him and talked to him.
So what you're saying is you didn't get the project done. *sigh* Okay, I'll call the client and see if we can work out an extension. Next time, tho, prioritize work over family and food, huh? I'm trying to operate a business and that doesn't mean my employees being unproductive eating and stuff.
I'll never land the Davis account now, and there goes my chance of making partner.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 9:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

At one point I had a dream where it was summer and I had some food on the grill and picked some corn to cook. A neighbor came by and I offered her to stay for dinner. I could immediately tell my wife didn't want that. The neighbor accepted the offer though and soon it was an all out party. But I wasn't able to have much fun as I was going around checking on things and some food got burned. I tried a burger and it was like biting into a piece of burnt toast. It just crumbled in my mouth and it tasted awful. Then I found some burned burgers in the laundry closet. The dream started at my current home and eventually switched to where I grew up. People kept showing up whenever I tried to sit down and chat with someone so I had to do the host thing and say hello, introduce everyone etc. Then fucking work crept into it too and I had some report I needed to submit the next day but I didnt have all the data I needed and my dog (from when I was a kid) showed up and started drinking from a flower pot with rainwater in it. And someone got really upset about that. I took him inside but couldn't find a bowl to put water in for him so I just sat with him pet him and talked to him.
So what you're saying is you didn't get the project done. *sigh* Okay, I'll call the client and see if we can work out an extension. Next time, tho, prioritize work over family and food, huh? I'm trying to operate a business and that doesn't mean my employees being unproductive eating and stuff.
I'll never land the Davis account now, and there goes my chance of making partner.
You don't know the half of it, family man. I can get three unpaid interns to do your job, so unless your dreams consist of making those burgers at Wendy's, you'll tell your wife and kids that this goddamned file is more important than they'll ever be. I'm going to the gym. I'll be back in five hours.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 10:02am
revbob wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 9:52am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

You don't know the half of it, family man. I can get three unpaid interns to do your job, so unless your dreams consist of making those burgers at Wendy's, you'll tell your wife and kids that this goddamned file is more important than they'll ever be. I'm going to the gym. I'll be back in five hours.
Back to working nights and weekends again.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 12:37pm
JennyB wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 11:17am
I had a non-locker dream last night!

I dreamed that a pet store opened up nearby that was selling puppies, so I went in there and was telling people not to buy from there because the dogs came from puppy mills. A whole bunch of people I knew were in there buying puppies and just shrugged when I told them not to. That's all I really remember.

This had to be triggered by a conversation I had on Facebook last night. I'm in a betta fish info group and someone had posted about how a whole bunch of them died during the power outages in Texas at Petco and Petsmart. So I commented that I wish those stores would stop selling animals altogether (fish, hamsters, guinea pigs, etc) but that I like how they facilitated adoption events for dogs and cats. Some dude misread my comment and told me that I shouldn't by dogs from pet stores. I was like, huh? Anyway, this is the first dream I have remembered in a long time. My dog, who usually wakes me up in the middle of the night to go out (VH miraculously always manages to sleep right through that), slept through the night and I had eight uninterrupted hours of sleep for the first time in forever.
In the part you don't recall, your arms transformed into flamethrowers and you melted down the customers. Then it got weird.
THEN it got weird.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I forgot some good shit last night. At one point I was at a childhood friend's house. And his mom was complaining about him needing to change the kitty litter. The litter box was huge, the size of like a 12x12 room. It seemed to serve as not just a litter box for a whole lot of cats but also as like a sandbox that the cats played in. I don't remember anything else but this family never had cats. I could smell that cat pee smell in my dream though. I forgot everything else.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I have next to no recollection of the specifics but I was trying to remember a song from the snippet that kept running thru my head. I know it's an actual song and I was trying to tell my waking self to remember the snippet and figure it out, but I got nothing now, only what my mission was.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Last few nights have been hard to remember. I did dream I went to Scotland for work but then I was an exchange student when I got there. There was like 5 of us put up with one family who had like 5 kids of their own. And they were very weird. Im a bit disappointed after several that I could really recall well and now several that I barely remember.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Interesting article

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 9:25pm
Interesting article

That is way cool. I'd totally participate in that kind of study.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Yeah it certainly would be interesting.

I had some good dreams again last night bit have again forgotten them all.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I have bits and pieces, but I know I had an adrenaline rush in one dream. Something to do with being a victim in a terrorist attack on a radio or tv studio. I know I made a note to my conscious self to remember the main terrorist's name; it was some kind of pun on an Arabic name, but I don't remember what it was now. I was lying in the hospital, recovering from my wounds, and it was all shadowy and one of the terrorists crept in, dressed like a ninja, and scurried along the floor and then on me like a spider. That's when I got the adrenaline blast that shocked me. From there, it seemed like I kept re-enacting the attack to try to prevent it, but it's pretty blurry.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I had a dream that I went down in the basement to find it under like 4 feet of water. I suspected washing machine and found the hose (there was only one) had broken off the coupling. I shut the valve to it but there was no more water coming out which I was happy about but found it odd that it stopped on its own. I put a line into the dryer and the water went out via the dryer vent which normally wouldn't work but this time it did because now the basement was above ground. While that was happening I went to find my shop vac so I could get rid of more water. When I got back all the water had gone out and I was left surveying the damage. Somehow my records were unharmed but books and many other things were ruined.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 8:44am
I had a dream that I went down in the basement to find it under like 4 feet of water. I suspected washing machine and found the hose (there was only one) had broken off the coupling. I shut the valve to it but there was no more water coming out which I was happy about but found it odd that it stopped on its own. I put a line into the dryer and the water went out via the dryer vent which normally wouldn't work but this time it did because now the basement was above ground. While that was happening I went to find my shop vac so I could get rid of more water. When I got back all the water had gone out and I was left surveying the damage. Somehow my records were unharmed but books and many other things were ruined.
A lot of your dreams seem to revolve around chores and other domestic stuff. No idea what that means (if anything), just an observation.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 9:16am
revbob wrote:
A lot of your dreams seem to revolve around chores and other domestic stuff. No idea what that means (if anything), just an observation.
I hadn't noticed that myself actually. I guess it makes some sense when I look at my life. :huh:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 10:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 9:16am
revbob wrote:
I hadn't noticed that myself actually. I guess it makes some sense when I look at my life. :huh:
That assumes there is some meaningful connection between our real lives and our dream lives. I'm skeptical on that point.