Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Kimmelweck »

JennyB wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 10:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:24am
Kimmelweck wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:15am
revbob wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:10am

Not all mountains are volcanos but all volcanos are mountains.
Necessarily? Isn't there a height requirement? I would think a volcano has to progress thru the minor leagues, growing in height, before it gets to be promoted to full mountain status. We need more scientists on this board!
Yeah, a volcano is any opening in the earth’s crust where molten rock emerges. After repeated eruptions, some volcanoes form mountains.
Thus concludes the educational portion of our program. :cool:
NERDS
So you’re saying that the ladies don’t find volcanology to be irresistibly hot?
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 12:18pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 9:15am

Necessarily? Isn't there a height requirement? I would think a volcano has to progress thru the minor leagues, growing in height, before it gets to be promoted to full mountain status. We need more scientists on this board!
Yeah, a volcano is any opening in the earth’s crust where molten rock emerges. After repeated eruptions, some volcanoes form mountains.
NERDS
Volcanology is not the Spanish fly you were led to believe back in high school.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 12:29pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 12:18pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

NERDS
Volcanology is not the Spanish fly you were led to believe back in high school.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Lots of dreams last night, but this one was particularly odd.

I was in a garage, probably my old house, but it didn't look the same. Delivery guy shows up on a 3 wheeled bike, says he has my food order, he hands it to me, but it's not my name or address, so I hand it back, he hands me another and heads down the street, the second one isn't mine either. I go after him, he hands me a third one but it's not food, it's three partially grown cats. Supposedly these were the siblings to the three we already have, but in my dream I'm telling myself "now I have five cats". Next job is to get all five cats in to the house, so I'm trying to herd them down the side yard past the garage and they're just running and jumping, next thing I know I'm awake.
So now the mystery continues, which one of my cats was missing from the dream? I can recall everything in the dream clearly, except my cats.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 9:45am

I was in a garage, probably my old house, but it didn't look the same. Delivery guy shows up on a 3 wheeled bike, says he has my food order, he hands it to me, but it's not my name or address, so I hand it back, he hands me another and heads down the street, the second one isn't mine either. I go after him, he hands me a third one but it's not food, it's three partially grown cats. Supposedly these were the siblings to the three we already have, but in my dream I'm telling myself "now I have five cats". Next job is to get all five cats in to the house, so I'm trying to herd them down the side yard past the garage and they're just running and jumping, next thing I know I'm awake.
So now the mystery continues, which one of my cats was missing from the dream? I can recall everything in the dream clearly, except my cats.
Just like the old saying goes, The third bag of food is cats.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 11:19am
Sparky wrote:

Don't think that part didn't cross my mind....kind of bugged me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 12:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

There was probably food in the bag already, and the cats jumped in and ate it.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

yum, cats.

I keep dreaming I can't get home. A never ending freeway, a giant parking structure I can't get out of, walking forever, etc. My brain has gone full cliche since I'm moving next week.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 12:37pm
Sparky wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 12:35pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sparky wrote:

There was probably food in the bag already, and the cats jumped in and ate it.
Now that I'd believe! :lol:

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

tepista wrote:
19 Nov 2021, 12:39pm
yum, cats.

I keep dreaming I can't get home. A never ending freeway, a giant parking structure I can't get out of, walking forever, etc. My brain has gone full cliche since I'm moving next week.
Probably some subliminal anxiety about the major relocation. Sometimes I dream that I'm back when I lived by myself in an apartment, probably because it was a cheap, simple life.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I was going on vacation but kept running into various obstacles. No passport, no boarding pass, forgot to arrange for someone to take care of the pets, got pulled over by a cop, some hipster telling me he gets personal calls from the members of T-Rex.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 9:43am
I dreamt I was going on vacation but kept running into various obstacles. No passport, no boarding pass, forgot to arrange for someone to take care of the pets, got pulled over by a cop, some hipster telling me he gets personal calls from the members of T-Rex.
Did you get time off from your boss?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 9:49am
revbob wrote:
I knew I was forgetting something...else.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 10:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
If you can't handle the Anderson account, young Livingston can.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 10:37am
revbob wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 10:08am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
If you can't handle the Anderson account, young Livingston can.
Livingston!? he hasn't even gotten his first pubes. Anderson will have him for lunch.