Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 9:21am
I was back to work last night.
It's always hard after a vacation, eh?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

revbob wrote:
It really sucks that "work" is such a large part of our life that it intrudes on our dreams. :angry: :angry:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Sparky wrote:
23 Nov 2021, 12:20pm
revbob wrote:
It really sucks that "work" is such a large part of our life that it intrudes on our dreams. :angry: :angry:
Yeah, unfortunately I mostly blame me.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've had a recurring dream of sorts several nights over the past week where I was managing a female band called the Maybes. I don't recall much detail from any of the dreams except those details and the sense that each scenario is a bit different. It's the closest I've gotten to one of revbob's dream jobs (so to speak).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 7:56pm
I've had a recurring dream of sorts several nights over the past week where I was managing a female band called the Maybes. I don't recall much detail from any of the dreams except those details and the sense that each scenario is a bit different. It's the closest I've gotten to one of revbob's dream jobs (so to speak).
Its about time you started working you shiftless bastard.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Dec 2021, 10:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If you considerment management working, I guess.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 6:55am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
What happened to the other band you were dream managing?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 8:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Big Anus, the Rodeo Queen? I can only assume they've gone on to bigger and better things, leaving behind the low-rent performance circuit of my unconscious for the big time, like Ted Nugent's unconscious.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 8:38am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Big Anus, the Rodeo Queen? I can only assume they've gone on to bigger and better things, leaving behind the low-rent performance circuit of my unconscious for the big time, like Ted Nugent's unconscious.
I was hoping for a double bill tour.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 9:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Dec 2021, 8:38am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

I was hoping for a double bill tour.
Fucking dream lawyers make it all so damned difficult.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Doozy of a dream/nightmare, and one where I was working.

I was working in a high-tech lab—a long rectangular room that was all white and silvery, people in silver-white decontamination suits, holding canisters and beakers. I was in the foreground. The guy beside me was holding a steaming beaker that he accidentally spilled on the counter onto a plate of food. That set off a slow moving wave of energy heading to the back of the lab. I reached for the plate and the sleeve of my suit caught fire, so I pulled it back and watched as the wave moved back. Everyone in its path ran to the back of the room, but they knew they were dead. So I had to watch these people who knew they had a minute to live just sit there before they were disintegrated.

Afterwards, I was in a penthouse apartment recovering and nobody was taking me seriously about the trauma. I Zoom'd with a friend and she acted bored and giggly. I went to another apartment where my siblings were preparing a meal. One gave me a hug, but they wanted to talk about their own issues and preparing the food. Nobody I met wanted to appreciate the horror I experienced. I woke up several times in the night and each time I fell asleep I went back to that scenario.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 7:43am

I was working in a high-tech lab—a long rectangular room that was all white and silvery, people in silver-white decontamination suits, holding canisters and beakers. I was in the foreground. The guy beside me was holding a steaming beaker that he accidentally spilled on the counter onto a plate of food. That set off a slow moving wave of energy heading to the back of the lab. I reached for the plate and the sleeve of my suit caught fire, so I pulled it back and watched as the wave moved back. Everyone in its path ran to the back of the room, but they knew they were dead. So I had to watch these people who knew they had a minute to live just sit there before they were disintegrated.

Afterwards, I was in a penthouse apartment recovering and nobody was taking me seriously about the trauma. I Zoom'd with a friend and she acted bored and giggly. I went to another apartment where my siblings were preparing a meal. One gave me a hug, but they wanted to talk about their own issues and preparing the food. Nobody I met wanted to appreciate the horror I experienced. I woke up several times in the night and each time I fell asleep I went back to that scenario.
Work dreams aren't for the squeamish.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 8:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I've already given my notice.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 8:47am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

If only it was that easy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 9:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Dec 2021, 8:47am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

If only it was that easy.
I don't recall signing a contract, so I'm not sure I even need to give notice. It's a total courtesy move on my part. I want to go back to just observing fucked up weirdness as an unemployed bum.