Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 11:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 11:20am
revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 11:06am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 9:49am
revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 9:41am
I only wanted to toss in the hat but then Kimmelweck said "he'll just get a new one" so...
My Sox hat is, in fact, around 15 years old. Not even close to navy blue anymore. It's grey and sweat-bleached in places. The Boss thinks I should get a new one, but I like old and beaten up.
She was in on the plan too, just the hat though.
I knew she'd betray me one day!
Only your hat.
There is no distinction.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 12:13pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

My Sox hat is, in fact, around 15 years old. Not even close to navy blue anymore. It's grey and sweat-bleached in places. The Boss thinks I should get a new one, but I like old and beaten up.
Only your hat.
There is no distinction.
Doc looks thoughtfully into the distance, tear streaming down his cheek. "I don't know where I end and my hat begins."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 12:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 12:13pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Only your hat.
There is no distinction.
Doc looks thoughtfully into the distance, tear streaming down his cheek. "I don't know where I end and my hat begins."
It is a tear of epiphany!
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
21 Jan 2022, 11:01am
My Yankees hat. I have a new one. I don't wear it much because I don't want to ruin it. :twitch:
Favorite old hats don’t go in the garbage, they just fade away.

The one I’m currently wearing is a doozy. Couldn’t find the hat thread just now, but if I can find it, I’ll post a photo.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I worked all night. It was basically a combination of my current job with a past one that arent really related. People from both jobs showing up.

Then after that I had to move, I need some time off.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Last night I dreamt I'd parked my car at an intersection. It was a foggy night. I don't remember why I'd stopped, but I don't think there was a technical problem. A woman with wild Medusa hair walked up to the car, couldn't tell her age or whether her hair was blonde or white. She was wearing glasses. Apparently she wanted to cross the street where I'd parked the car, so she just stood there waiting. I didn't intend to move the car, so I was just about to get out and tell her to walk around it, when suddenly her face appeared at the window, very close. It was then I realized she had no eyes.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Olaf wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 3:58pm
Last night I dreamt I'd parked my car at an intersection. It was a foggy night. I don't remember why I'd stopped, but I don't think there was a technical problem. A woman with wild Medusa hair walked up to the car, couldn't tell her age or whether her hair was blonde or white. She was wearing glasses. Apparently she wanted to cross the street where I'd parked the car, so she just stood there waiting. I didn't intend to move the car, so I was just about to get out and tell her to walk around it, when suddenly her face appeared at the window, very close. It was then I realized she had no eyes.
Do you have this Amazon commercial in Germany? I see it 10 times a day here. Maybe it crept into your dreams somehow.

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Kimmelweck wrote:
25 Jan 2022, 4:03pm
Olaf wrote:
Do you have this Amazon commercial in Germany? I see it 10 times a day here. Maybe it crept into your dreams somehow.

No, we don't. Though that's pretty much what the woman looked like.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Very troubling dream last night still kind of sticking with me.

I was in some sort of institutional setting waiting for something. Beaneater was there playing guitar to entertain people as they waited for whatever the fuck they were waiting for. At some point it was my turn and I had to leave to go to another place and getting in was quite a process. At some point I came upon my wife and she was obviously medicated and one of her feet was half missing basically like Tom Dempsey style (former NFL kicker) . I was trying to get her out as it was obviously not a good place but she kept wanting to stay because she liked whatever meds they were giving her so my fight to get herou was stymied by her reluctance to leave. And it was one of those places that had more people/patients than beds and they were all wearing dirty and torn hospital gowns. I was asking why half her foot was removed and nobody could give me an answer. 15 hours or so later and its still sticking with me. It was bad.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 6:35pm

I was in some sort of institutional setting waiting for something. Beaneater was there playing guitar to entertain people as they waited for whatever the fuck they were waiting for. At some point it was my turn and I had to leave to go to another place and getting in was quite a process. At some point I came upon my wife and she was obviously medicated and one of her feet was half missing basically like Tom Dempsey style (former NFL kicker) . I was trying to get her out as it was obviously not a good place but she kept wanting to stay because she liked whatever meds they were giving her so my fight to get herou was stymied by her reluctance to leave. And it was one of those places that had more people/patients than beds and they were all wearing dirty and torn hospital gowns. I was asking why half her foot was removed and nobody could give me an answer. 15 hours or so later and its still sticking with me. It was bad.
As someone with a very low tolerance for deformities—I have to look away if an ad for that Dr. Pimplepopper comes on—I can appreciate your discomfort. Also, Beaneater playing guitar of all his favourite Philip Collins songs would be very traumatizing.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 7:05pm
revbob wrote:

As someone with a very low tolerance for deformities—I have to look away if an ad for that Dr. Pimplepopper comes on—I can appreciate your discomfort. Also, Beaneater playing guitar of all his favourite Philip Collins songs would be very traumatizing.
I can only presume it was leading to patient self mutilation.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 7:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 7:05pm
revbob wrote:

I can only presume it was leading to patient self mutilation.
I'd cut myself at the very least.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Olaf wrote:
This is a scene from a horror flick.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Mimi wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 8:53pm
Olaf wrote:
This is a scene from a horror flick.
"The Cabinet of Dr. Humbug Damselfish"

I did wake up pretty scared.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was part of a group that was combating anti-vax terrorists led by Bruce Gilbert, formerly of Wire. The main (and repeated) action in the dream was clicking various toggles on a computer screen to configure the electronic masking so that people could communicate but it would sound scrambled to anyone without the same configuration. When I woke up, I was convinced that I'd BG was an ardent anti-vaxer. To my knowledge, tho, no, I haven't come across that.