Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I was working an old job in Japan and I needed special clothing but they didnt have my size

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 4:49pm
I came across a record stall on what I assume was the Portobello Road. They had multiple copies of the punk classics. I ran into Mick Jones, who was looking at a copy of Snap! by The Jam, and I told him, "I don't really go in for greatest hits albums, but that one actually hangs together pretty well." And he said, "yeah, maybe I'll get it. Have you heard of this though?" and he shows me an album by a band whose members are Joe Strummer, Paul Simonon, Pete Shelley, and Steve Diggle.
Now that's a "super group" worth seeing.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 5:32pm
Kory wrote:
I came across a record stall on what I assume was the Portobello Road. They had multiple copies of the punk classics. I ran into Mick Jones, who was looking at a copy of Snap! by The Jam, and I told him, "I don't really go in for greatest hits albums, but that one actually hangs together pretty well." And he said, "yeah, maybe I'll get it. Have you heard of this though?" and he shows me an album by a band whose members are Joe Strummer, Paul Simonon, Pete Shelley, and Steve Diggle.
I wonder what they would sound like. Some sort of scratchy, trebly dubpunk maybe.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 5:36pm
Sparky wrote:
Kory wrote:
I wonder what they would sound like. Some sort of scratchy, trebly dubpunk maybe.
And who'd be drumming?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Sparky wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 5:54pm
Kory wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Kory wrote:
And who'd be drumming?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kory wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 6:05pm
Sparky wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 5:54pm
Kory wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Kory wrote:
And who'd be drumming?
Dang, disregard, no longer interested in seeing them. :lol:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Very crappy dream last night. I was grieving for the loss of someone—not sure who—but I was also all alone, and so the despair just grew and grew as I wandered around looking for another person. Worse, I knew I was dreaming but just couldn't get it to end. Woke up feeling wretched.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I had a very eerie dream that Seattle (the entire city) had an immersive holographic HP Lovecraft experience that you accessed by walking east over the West Seattle Bridge. There was a lot of mist involved for some reason.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 7:56pm
I had a very eerie dream that Seattle (the entire city) had an immersive holographic HP Lovecraft experience that you accessed by walking east over the West Seattle Bridge. There was a lot of mist involved for some reason.
One of the Pearl Jams was Cthulhu, right?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 8:07pm
Kory wrote:
Layne Staley was Cthulu, Pearl Jam was the color out of space—a toxic cloud choking everything around it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 8:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Nov 2022, 8:07pm
Kory wrote:
Layne Staley was Cthulu, Pearl Jam was the color out of space—a toxic cloud choking everything around it.
Your dreams are way too real.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Funny - reading this has reminded me that last night I dreamt I was getting a Cthulu tattoo.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Maybe it's because this thread got bumped, but I had a pretty intense one last night. Context suggests that it took place in the early 80s or late 70s. My parents were both alive and looked more like they did then, and I was mostly in a rather dark split-level home, with lots of shag carpeting everywhere (and there seemed to be some kind of subplot involving lilac-coloured toilet paper, but that part's fuzzy). The core of the dream, however, was something called the Fixer, which was some kind of killer insect that swirled about in a group so it looked like a ring of spinning razor wire. It was attracted to loud noises, but you could protect yourself if you didn't look at it or you thought about protecting other people. And when it got a hold of someone, it was like acid, removing everything but bone. There was another insect that was exactly like the Fixer, but it was more selective for some reason. Anyway, I saw lots of people, including my parents, get eaten alive, either because they looked at the Fixer or they wouldn't think nice thoughts about each other (chew on that!).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I was at a hardcore show in another city, this was teenager me. There was a guy who was in the audience and obviously a regular. A big guy and obviously violent. You could tell people were scared of him but if he liked you he didn't bug you as long as you didn't cross him. Some other guy showed up a much smaller older and unassuming type. He starts fucking with the big guy, they fight. The smaller guy not only beats the big guy but cuts him literally into pieces and then decides Im gonna help him clean up the mess. I help him but was obviously trying to figure out my exit strategy. At some point it morphed into a different story and I dont recall how that went. There's a moral to that story somewhere though.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Nov 2022, 8:32am
I dreamt I was at a hardcore show in another city, this was teenager me. There was a guy who was in the audience and obviously a regular. A big guy and obviously violent. You could tell people were scared of him but if he liked you he didn't bug you as long as you didn't cross him. Some other guy showed up a much smaller older and unassuming type. He starts fucking with the big guy, they fight. The smaller guy not only beats the big guy but cuts him literally into pieces and then decides Im gonna help him clean up the mess. I help him but was obviously trying to figure out my exit strategy. At some point it morphed into a different story and I dont recall how that went. There's a moral to that story somewhere though.
DMB sucks?