Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 11:56am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 11:24am
Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 10:51am
I had a dream that I had hired a woman to do some housecleaning who turned out to be a fairly recent immigrant from China. I’ve never hired a cleaning lady before, but whatever. She was very nice. At one point, I was walking through the house and accidentally dropped some cash on the floor. As I was picking it up, the cleaning lady came over and picked up a few $20 bills. She was very pleased and started to walk away with them. I told her, hey, that’s mine and I literally just dropped it. She basically said no, finders keepers, as though once it hits the floor it’s fair game. So I found myself explaining to her that “finders keepers” doesn’t apply if you find something on the floor in my house, or that I just dropped 5 seconds ago, but only applies if you find it on the ground outside in a public place, like in a park or something, or at the mall. I finally got the cash back from her, but she was not happy about it and seemed to think that I was being incredibly unfair. It was very awkward. Then I woke up. I don’t think I’ll have her back.

Five-second rule is different with money. For 5 seconds, any dropped money is free game. After that, the original owner has exclusive claim for the next 55 seconds. Then it becomes free game again. This has been part of common law since Henry VII.
In the US, that rule only applies in public places. In a private residence, the original owner retains full claim for an hour, and then it goes to a best-of-3 rock-paper-scissors. Pretty sure that’s why we fought the American Revolution.
Reagan replaced that as part of the neoliberal free market principle.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 12:05pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
I had a dream that I had hired a woman to do some housecleaning who turned out to be a fairly recent immigrant from China. I’ve never hired a cleaning lady before, but whatever. She was very nice. At one point, I was walking through the house and accidentally dropped some cash on the floor. As I was picking it up, the cleaning lady came over and picked up a few $20 bills. She was very pleased and started to walk away with them. I told her, hey, that’s mine and I literally just dropped it. She basically said no, finders keepers, as though once it hits the floor it’s fair game. So I found myself explaining to her that “finders keepers” doesn’t apply if you find something on the floor in my house, or that I just dropped 5 seconds ago, but only applies if you find it on the ground outside in a public place, like in a park or something, or at the mall. I finally got the cash back from her, but she was not happy about it and seemed to think that I was being incredibly unfair. It was very awkward. Then I woke up. I don’t think I’ll have her back.

Five-second rule is different with money. For 5 seconds, any dropped money is free game. After that, the original owner has exclusive claim for the next 55 seconds. Then it becomes free game again. This has been part of common law since Henry VII.
In the US, that rule only applies in public places. In a private residence, the original owner retains full claim for an hour, and then it goes to a best-of-3 rock-paper-scissors. Pretty sure that’s why we fought the American Revolution.
Really? No wonder that cleaning lady was pissed off. Now I just feel awful.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 12:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

Now you know why she was shouting, "Gipper! Gipper!"
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 12:13pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Great. Merry Maids probably has me blacklisted now. :meh:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Kimmelweck wrote:

Now that you've pissed her off, she'll probably clean the toilet with your toothbrush.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 12:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 12:13pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kimmelweck wrote:

Great. Merry Maids probably has me blacklisted now. :meh:
Moral of the story: Don't be such an asshole in your dreams.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 1:16pm
Hey wait, I’m re-reading the rule and now that I think about it, she picked it up during the 5-60 second window and I was well within my rights. My claim stands. She can cry about it all she wants, but the rule is the rule. :approve:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Hey wait, I’m re-reading the rule and now that I think about it, she picked it up during the 5-60 second window and I was well within my rights. My claim stands. She can cry about it all she wants, but the rule is the rule. :approve:
Tonight you can dream about the trial. Don't be alarmed if you forget your clothes when you show up to court.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 2:13pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Tonight you can dream about the trial. Don't be alarmed if you forget your clothes when you show up to court.
If this even goes to a dream trial, I’m showing up naked on purpose. :cool:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 2:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2023, 2:13pm
Kimmelweck wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
If this even goes to a dream trial, I’m showing up naked on purpose. :cool:
Default judgment coming up!

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Last night I dreamed I was standing on a sidewalk in an unfamiliar town and facing down a narrow street lined with colorful single-story houses which were interspersed with small businesses. It was a sunny day, afternoon or late morning. I remember one small business in particular, on my side of the street - it had maroon shingles and was some kind of deli. To my left, across the street and on the other side of a row of houses, there was another narrow street, and at its far edge the ground rose from the base of a hill. There were a fair number of people walking in both directions on the sidewalk with me, and as I gazed ahead, about 75 feet away and just past the deli, I saw a man in a red shirt wearing sunglasses. As I watched, he lifted a rifle and started shooting random people and reloading, shooting and reloading. As people began running, the man raised his eyes towards me and we made eye contact. He raised the rifle again and strode directly towards me. I ran across the street, through the yard between two houses, crossed the next street, and was at the base of the hill. I scrambled up a 30-foot bank of rubble until I reached another narrow street a short distance up that ran parallel to the hill’s base.

When I got up to this higher street, I turned and looked back, and watched the initial scene play out again down below, as though for the first time. The man in the red shirt started shooting, people fled, and he turned towards me again and strode now in the direction of the hill. I fled farther up the hill to a still higher parallel street, turned, and looked back. For a third time, the same scene unfolded from the beginning, and the man in the red shirt started walking towards me yet again. At this point, a man and a woman rode up to me on bicycles. I stopped them and told them what was happening, as they seemed oblivious to what was going on below. The woman started laughing, but the man told her to abandon the bicycles and we fled together up another street that went directly up the hill, perpendicular to the street we had met on. There was a child in the street, about 8 years old, who I think was related to the man and woman. I took him by the hand as the four of us raced up the hill. The last thing I remember before I woke up was the child, clinging to my left hand as we ran, complaining that his bare feet hurt because of rocks in the street. :cry:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Had another dream/nightmare about my retail days, which goes to show 15 years after the fact how dark that time was for me.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
23 Jan 2023, 2:44pm
Had another dream/nightmare about my retail days, which goes to show 15 years after the fact how dark that time was for me.
Fucking PTSD from that shit. Pay retail workers danger money. Call center workers too.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Part of my dream last night involved assessing whether a doughnut is named because it's shaped like a nut (as in nuts and bolts) or whether it's a corruption of dough knot. In my dream I was aware enough of the inanity of wasting dream time thinking about an idiotic linguistic curiosity.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Only bits and pieces of this dream have been retained (thankfully), but I was, at first, a participant/observer in a large field outside a fort of some kind, and a young woman was kidnapped and abused by some kind of Satanic cult. Then things shifted to a trial and I had to arrange icons on a calendar to separate the Satanic lawyers from the Satanic defendants. The lawyers wanted to be hidden. The whole thing was uncomfortable and seemed to go on forever.