Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was trying to get an interview with David Byrne because he was at a music symposium or some such inside an old walled city. So I had to crawl thru sewers, back alleys, and the like to make it to the conference site. Outside, medieval stone; inside ultra modern. First, no one would let me speak to Byrne, sending me to four old white people who claimed to be the first r & b band. But by the time I escaped them and found Byrne—looking as he does these days, greyish-white hair—I had four questions, but the first one I got a canned response, two more I couldn't speak, and the fourth one he just refused to speak (I can't remember what any of the questions were). When I woke up, what stuck with me was being really pissed off with those decrepit geezers claiming to be an r & b band.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 9:04am
I was trying to get an interview with David Byrne because he was at a music symposium or some such inside an old walled city. So I had to crawl thru sewers, back alleys, and the like to make it to the conference site. Outside, medieval stone; inside ultra modern. First, no one would let me speak to Byrne, sending me to four old white people who claimed to be the first r & b band. But by the time I escaped them and found Byrne—looking as he does these days, greyish-white hair—I had four questions, but the first one I got a canned response, two more I couldn't speak, and the fourth one he just refused to speak (I can't remember what any of the questions were). When I woke up, what stuck with me was being really pissed off with those decrepit geezers claiming to be an r & b band.
I had visions of Shawshank Redemption when I started reading this. Also, Fuck Byrne.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 10:05am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I had visions of Shawshank Redemption when I started reading this. Also, Fuck Byrne.
Tina Weymouth upvotes your comment.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 10:49am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
“It’s like he can’t help himself,” Frantz said in a phone interview. “His brain is wired in such a way that he doesn’t know where he ends and other people begin. He can’t imagine that anyone else would be important.”
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... avid-byrne

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 11:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 10:49am
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
“It’s like he can’t help himself,” Frantz said in a phone interview. “His brain is wired in such a way that he doesn’t know where he ends and other people begin. He can’t imagine that anyone else would be important.”
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... avid-byrne
Yeah, I read a bio of the band and it’s remarkable that they stayed together as long as they did. Byrne just pissed everyone off almost without pause, especially TW. Whatever his virtues as an artist, his personality requires several deep breaths.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I was part of a bank heist. We had our plans in place did a dry run and then a few of the guys got in an argument and start making a scene in front of the bank and Im trying to tell them they will blow everything by drawing attention to themselves. They blew the whole job.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 9:30pm
I dreamt I was part of a bank heist. We had our plans in place did a dry run and then a few of the guys got in an argument and start making a scene in front of the bank and Im trying to tell them they will blow everything by drawing attention to themselves. They blew the whole job.
Next time don't recruit IMCTers to your Cut the Crap Vaults bank heist.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 9:38pm
revbob wrote:
20 Apr 2023, 9:30pm
Next time don't recruit IMCTers to your Cut the Crap Vaults bank heist.
Take our capacity to shift the direction of a thread within five posts of its start and apply that to a bank job. Would we even be able to leave the hide-out in the first place?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I was visiting Flex in his fancy Denver high rise/hotel. We got in a little late but I was aa bit hungry/thirty so after we got settled in Flex told me to go down to the bar on the first floor and he'd catch up with me in a few minutes. Well there was various things on the first floor but I couldn't find a bar/restaurant. Eventually I ended up outside and then the lights were all out the doors locked and Flex wouldn't answer his phone.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
08 May 2023, 7:02am
I was visiting Flex in his fancy Denver high rise/hotel. We got in a little late but I was aa bit hungry/thirty so after we got settled in Flex told me to go down to the bar on the first floor and he'd catch up with me in a few minutes. Well there was various things on the first floor but I couldn't find a bar/restaurant. Eventually I ended up outside and then the lights were all out the doors locked and Flex wouldn't answer his phone.
So Flex is a rat bastard in the dream world, too?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
08 May 2023, 7:02am
Yeah, this sounds about right.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt my old roommate organized a basement concert with Pink Floyd, King Crimson and Black Sabbath. He did a shitty job. Pink Floyd only played like 2 crappy songs

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 May 2023, 6:58pm
I dreamt my old roommate organized a basement concert with Pink Floyd, King Crimson and Black Sabbath. He did a shitty job. Pink Floyd only played like 2 crappy songs
If they only played 2 crappy songs, it was a success.

(Side note: In my punk class this past year, I had a student who showed up to a grand total of one class and who told me that, oh yeah, they're way into punk, and their favourite band is Pink Floyd. Okay, whatever to the latter, but don't fucking tell me you're some kind of super punk.)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 7:20pm
revbob wrote:
Well the other bands didn't play.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 May 2023, 7:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 7:20pm
revbob wrote:
Well the other bands didn't play.
That's kind of on you. Why'd you wake up?