Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 7:36pm
revbob wrote:
09 May 2023, 7:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 7:20pm
revbob wrote:
09 May 2023, 6:58pm
I dreamt my old roommate organized a basement concert with Pink Floyd, King Crimson and Black Sabbath. He did a shitty job. Pink Floyd only played like 2 crappy songs
If they only played 2 crappy songs, it was a success.
Well the other bands didn't play.
That's kind of on you. Why'd you wake up?
No they just didn't play because it was so poorly organized

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
09 May 2023, 8:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 7:36pm
revbob wrote:
09 May 2023, 7:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2023, 7:20pm
revbob wrote:
09 May 2023, 6:58pm
I dreamt my old roommate organized a basement concert with Pink Floyd, King Crimson and Black Sabbath. He did a shitty job. Pink Floyd only played like 2 crappy songs
If they only played 2 crappy songs, it was a success.
Well the other bands didn't play.
That's kind of on you. Why'd you wake up?
No they just didn't play because it was so poorly organized
If you walk out before the house lights go up, you don't know what you might miss.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Had one last night where I was part of some kind of internal corporate espionage/whistle-blowing operation. I was driving with my assistant driving behind me when I became aware of a development (something on the radio I think). I motioned for her to follow me off the highway and we met up with the rest of our crew in a warehouse to discuss—I think it was something about the company being on to us. After they all left, I became Danny Devito, and realized I couldn't quickly fit back into my tiny sports car as the garage door re-opened and an assassin entered. I was able to get in a few good hits with my keys between my fingers (I'm one of the few people that's a good and effective fighter in my dreams, from what I hear) before he pulled out a gun and I woke up.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
10 May 2023, 1:08pm
whocareswhocareswhocares I became Danny Devito whocareswhocareswhocares

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Nightmares, I think, are worse when they take place in your own actual space. I had a hard time getting to sleep anyway—couldn't get comfortable—which may have contributed to unsettling dreams, but I woke up startled by a dream that ended with The Boss and I in our bed a large, albino pig—like the size of a rhino—charging down the hallway at us. In my dream, I got up and ran at it. It turned around back down the hall towards the stairs, and as it turned the corner to go down, it glared at me with real malevolence. So I wake up and look at the hallway it would have come down and started shuddering.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was back in junior high—I assume this because it was an asshole junior high teacher in my dream—and I was taking an exam. The prick teacher didn't give me enough paper. We were supposed to write 3000 words and he gave out only one page. So I spent a lot of time arguing about that, but then wrote in the teensiest scrip, both to fit it all on a page and as a fuck you to him. Then, because I lost time arguing with him and I was going slow writing in such a compressed way, the end of the period approached with me only half done. I got into another argument that I should have more time. Nope, because he's an asshole. Maybe I've forgotten a chunk of the narrative or it just switched to the next scene, but I had him locked in a room with thousands of mosquitoes biting him over and over. I woke up very satisfied.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

:scared:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Its fading so here's my best shot.

Me and some others stopped at some roadside attraction of some sort several hours drive from anywhere. The people running the place were very nice and hospitable, even drugged us so that we wouldn't leave. It turns out they were part of some cult and they needed new members. We ended up staying the night because we couldn't leave and they tried to get us to have sex with them even with their teenage kids as part of some indoctrination. Instead we managed to deprogram a few of them and convinced them to help us to escape. We even won over one of their elders which resulted in him running naked down the street while others tried to take him down with crappy homemade bows and arrows.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 7:38am

Me and some others stopped at some roadside attraction of some sort several hours drive from anywhere. The people running the place were very nice and hospitable, even drugged us so that we wouldn't leave. It turns out they were part of some cult and they needed new members. We ended up staying the night because we couldn't leave and they tried to get us to have sex with them even with their teenage kids as part of some indoctrination. Instead we managed to deprogram a few of them and convinced them to help us to escape. We even won over one of their elders which resulted in him running naked down the street while others tried to take him down with crappy homemade bows and arrows.
Very EET Week.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My dream last night was a combination of Amityville Horror and Stephen King's novel From a Buick 8. There was a parked car in a garage. It was one of those 1960s boxy cars—not a big boat but not a muscle car. Even tho everyone knew the car was possessed by evil spirits, people would take turns getting inside and just sit and interacted with the spirits inside. I was always outside with a clipboard, writing stuff down. Some people enjoyed the experience, others were terrified; some wanted to destroy the car, others said it had to be protected. But everyone seemed irritated with me for not doing … something.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

The other night I dreamt Elvis Costello & The Attractions were hanging upside down from the ceiling. You know, like bats. They were playing "Waiting for the End of the World" I think.

It was more like a hallucination actually.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Olaf wrote:
03 Jul 2023, 12:05pm
The other night I dreamt Elvis Costello & The Attractions were hanging upside down from the ceiling. You know, like bats. They were playing "Waiting for the End of the World" I think.

It was more like a hallucination actually.
Sounds like it would have made a great music video!
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:

I'd watch that documentary on netflix. :shifty:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
03 Jul 2023, 2:18pm
revbob wrote:

I'd watch that documentary on netflix. :shifty:
Thanks, at least SOME people here appreciate art.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was making a documentary on No Wave and blended this a clip of Mama Cass doing "Make Your Own Kind of Music" that morphed into Lydia Lunch screaming away at Max's Kansas City. It was pretty awesome, even in my fading memory. Then Kory and I were in the basement of a really old movie theatre trying to come up with a soundtrack, but it was like one of those stupid chef competitions where you're only given two things. All we had was a bongo drum and still photos of old movie stars, so we were flipping thru the pictures and humming ominously while smacking the drum. That was less awesome.