Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Dr. Medulla »

You people and your co-worker/work settings! You're all so unconsciously bourgeois.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 8:20am
You people and your co-worker/work settings! You're all so unconsciously bourgeois.
:lol:

Luckily, no work actually got done.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Okay, all you working-on-the-Anderson-account 9-to-5 dreamers, here's how it's done. I was watching a documentary on a band called The Funk, who were notable for two things: Billy Connolly was in the band and they were especially pro-recreational drugs. Then, in the middle of the documentary—like it was happening in real time—the singer both denounced all drugs and died, which caused the documentary makers to scrap what they'd done and start all over, focusing on just the singer and being clean. The other band members, especially BC, were always in frame, looking pissed off at being excluded. The curiosity about the narrative is that my dream self seemed to think that I'd seen this all before.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Jul 2021, 8:30am
Okay, all you working-on-the-Anderson-account 9-to-5 dreamers, here's how it's done. I was watching a documentary on a band called The Funk, who were notable for two things: Billy Connolly was in the band and they were especially pro-recreational drugs. Then, in the middle of the documentary—like it was happening in real time—the singer both denounced all drugs and died, which caused the documentary makers to scrap what they'd done and start all over, focusing on just the singer and being clean. The other band members, especially BC, were always in frame, looking pissed off at being excluded. The curiosity about the narrative is that my dream self seemed to think that I'd seen this all before.
I’ll bet you were re-watching that documentary as research for a lecture. :rolleyes:

:mrgreen:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I was retiring.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 7:46am
I dreamt I was retiring.
Ha!

What I remember of my dream was that I was housesitting for my sister and brother-in-law, who bought a vacation home in Florida. It was part of a complex of really long bungalows with flat roofs—like 1950s motels. Nothing I wanted was ever close, so I was constantly go from one end of the house to the next to fire up the grill, get something from the car, talk to a neighbour, etc. And being irritated by how poorly laid out it all was.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Connected pair of dreams last night. The first was saying goodbye to a friend—a woman, tho I don't know who—dying of cancer. We were on a stage of sorts, like being part of a panel discussion. In the second, I was the one terminal with cancer and I was back in my hometown (Christ, which part is worse?) and I snuck into the back of a restaurant where there were deliveries waiting. I grabbed a pastry and took a bite and was caught by the manager. I said I'd pay for it, but didn't have any money, so the guy wouldn't let me leave. After I explained I had a week to live, he let me deliver a bunch of food on bike. So, happy tumour Tuesday!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I went to a college football game but as part of the pre-game festivities there was some weird southern tradition thing with people dressed up in old timey southern outfits and dancing about so I walked out. Later they started taking this show out of the stadium which led to a protest because wherever we were there was little tolerance for this kind of crap and "the performers" seemed to be taking this way to seriously. I woke up before the bloodshed started.

But hey I wasnt at work.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Aug 2021, 7:38am
I dreamt I went to a college football game but as part of the pre-game festivities there was some weird southern tradition thing with people dressed up in old timey southern outfits and dancing about so I walked out. Later they started taking this show out of the stadium which led to a protest because wherever we were there was little tolerance for this kind of crap and "the performers" seemed to be taking this way to seriously. I woke up before the bloodshed started.

But hey I wasnt at work.
I guess taking the day off from work to go a near riot is a step up!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A lot of stuff that's significantly faded already—including something to do with my dead mother not actually being dead—but the main bit I remember was gaining access to some super exclusive version of Bollocks where all the guitar parts had been replaced with piano. And I couldn't understand why this was so prized and fought over.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 8:13am
A lot of stuff that's significantly faded already—including something to do with my dead mother not actually being dead—but the main bit I remember was gaining access to some super exclusive version of Bollocks where all the guitar parts had been replaced with piano. And I couldn't understand why this was so prized and fought over.
Because nobody expected Billy Joel's work on that album. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 10:31am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2021, 8:13am
Because nobody expected Billy Joel's work on that album. :shifty:
:yuck: Jools Holland has long wished to give "Bodies" that boogie woogie sound it needs.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I went to the dentist and they told me I had some kind of bugs in my hair. Not lice but clearly something that sparked a similar reaction. Id never heard of them (forget the name) but everyone in the dentist office seemed to know all about them but wouldn't tell me how I could get rid of them basically saying I needed to see my regular doctor.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I want some sleep... I need some sleep.
I want some sleep... I need some sleep.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 3:25pm
I dreamt I went to the dentist and they told me I had some kind of bugs in my hair. Not lice but clearly something that sparked a similar reaction. Id never heard of them (forget the name) but everyone in the dentist office seemed to know all about them but wouldn't tell me how I could get rid of them basically saying I needed to see my regular doctor.
Dream boss wants to know why the fuck you weren't at work! Deal with your head bugs on your own time, not dream work time.