Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 12:17pm
Wolter wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 12:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 12:05pm
Wolter wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 11:50am
revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 11:48am

Live and learn right.
I’m kind of hoping this becomes a recurring dream scenario. I’d like to see how Mabel grows up in a house with two rambunctious older brothers. Yes, I’m calling her Mabel now. She really isn’t an Alice.
Mabel is a sassy cocktail waitress in 1955. She smacks her Juicy Fruit gum and calls everyone "sugar" with a devastating wink. She doesn't make it home to see her folks as much as she wants, but they're in her prayers every night.
Maybe it’s my age, but Alice is the name of a waitress at a diner owned by Vic Tayback to me.
She doesn't live here anymore, either.
Guess I won’t go ask him, either.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 12:30pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:

I’m kind of hoping this becomes a recurring dream scenario. I’d like to see how Mabel grows up in a house with two rambunctious older brothers. Yes, I’m calling her Mabel now. She really isn’t an Alice.
Mabel is a sassy cocktail waitress in 1955. She smacks her Juicy Fruit gum and calls everyone "sugar" with a devastating wink. She doesn't make it home to see her folks as much as she wants, but they're in her prayers every night.
Maybe it’s my age, but Alice is the name of a waitress at a diner owned by Vic Tayback to me.
Guess I won’t go ask him, either.
No, wait! Here comes Alice!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2021, 11:48am

Live and learn right.
She went bang zoom to the moon.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Just before I woke up I was watching what seemed like it was a playoff baseball game but it ended in a safety. The Yankees win thhhhhhheeeee Yankeeees WIN!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I'm doing a (virtual) presentation on Thursday for an advocacy group at Washington University. Last night, I dreamed that I had to go stay in the dorms the night before my presentation and I felt really awkward being a middle aged woman in a college dorm.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:25am
I'm doing a (virtual) presentation on Thursday for an advocacy group at Washington University. Last night, I dreamed that I had to go stay in the dorms the night before my presentation and I felt really awkward being a middle aged woman in a college dorm.
But it could be a fantastic comedy starring, I dunno, Sara Gilbert?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:35am
JennyB wrote:
Hmmmmm...I like it!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Hmmmmm...I like it!
The real tension is when your roommate is your daughter (played by Billie Eilish, jumping into acting), and in this crazy environment, she's more of a mother to you than you to her.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:52am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Hmmmmm...I like it!
The real tension is when your roommate is your daughter (played by Billie Eilish, jumping into acting), and in this crazy environment, she's more of a mother to you than you to her.
Because I never got to go to college, and I'm finally living!
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Hilarity ensues.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 10:58am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Hmmmmm...I like it!
"Mom, you can't wear that to a keg party!" [canned laughter]
"But it was really hip in 1985!" [canned laughter]

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 11:11am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hmmmmm...I like it!
There was actually a very weird/funny show (it had a very Canadian vibe to it, but I'm not sure if it was from Canada and of course I don't remember the name) about two middle age women who go back to college from the early 2000s. Now I'm not going to get through my day without anxiously trying to figure out the name of this damn show.

ETA: Campus Ladies! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0487812/
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 11:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Mar 2021, 11:11am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Hmmmmm...I like it!
There was actually a very weird/funny show (it had a very Canadian vibe to it, but I'm not sure if it was from Canada and of course I don't remember the name) about two middle age women who go back to college from the early 2000s. Now I'm not going to get through my day without anxiously trying to figure out the name of this damn show.

ETA: Campus Ladies! https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0487812/
Never heard of it. Like, at all. I don't recognize any of the actors, either. So, it could well be Canadian!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Holy crap but I had an involved narrative of a dream. I was a journalist or historian investigating a conspiracy theory that politics and the economy in the 1950s was controlled by a college student. She looked like a young Cybil Shepherd and was called the Prettiest Girl at Princeton. I went back and read campus newspapers and diaries to recreate the dating scene and, yeah, this girl, who dated very widely, had an effect on the industry or country connected to the boy. So this alternate history developed of wars and economic collapses and triumphs emerged based on who she was dating with and what kind of relationship she had with the boys and for how long. I don't know whether it was supernatural or some dark cabal at work, but the events of the 1950s were revealed to be bound up in this girl's social scene.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 6:59am
Holy crap but I had an involved narrative of a dream. I was a journalist or historian investigating a conspiracy theory that politics and the economy in the 1950s was controlled by a college student. She looked like a young Cybil Shepherd and was called the Prettiest Girl at Princeton. I went back and read campus newspapers and diaries to recreate the dating scene and, yeah, this girl, who dated very widely, had an effect on the industry or country connected to the boy. So this alternate history developed of wars and economic collapses and triumphs emerged based on who she was dating with and what kind of relationship she had with the boys and for how long. I don't know whether it was supernatural or some dark cabal at work, but the events of the 1950s were revealed to be bound up in this girl's social scene.
This sounds like a great movie. All of your dreams do, to be honest. Or at least a limited edition miniseries on a prestige network.
Got a Rake? Sure!