Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I moved into a new apartment with like 10 other people who I mostly didn't know. At one point Im trying to get things organized and this one guy starts complaining about the cable tv remote. He's like "I cant use this it doesnt have a something button on it. And I was like ok dont use it try reading a book. He wanted us to get a higher package so he could get the fancy remote. Then at some point someone but on "The Witness" 80s Harrison Ford movie. And my son was there and he's complaining about the movie being from the 50s. Then this little kid comes up to me and says I wanna watch Malcolm X. At which point I started looking for the book Id been reading.

Then Im out driving and in my head Im going to Tuscon (maybe I'll see Kory). It looks nothing like Tuscon but Id been to this place in a prior dream. The streets start getting narrower and there's broken glass and junk all over. The streets turn into tiny paths and I come over this hill and there's a frozen body of water. And a good 50 yards f4om it is all frozen too. I get out of the car to walk around but I realize it is to icy and if I go any further I won't be able to make it up the incline to my car so I go back. Its all trailers and broken down cars and not a person to be seen so I get back in the car to leave. Im driving back and suddenly Im driving thru a field and realize Im on the wrong road/path and then Im not in a car anymore but on foot trying to get up a really steep hill. Then I think I woke up.

This was one of my rare memorable cases of some dream continuity in that Id gone to this Tuscon place before and also inadvertently took the wrong path on my return.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dream continuity is neat. It's like your unconscious took stock and said, yeah, let's save this one and use it again later.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 10:23am
Dream continuity is neat. It's like your unconscious took stock and said, yeah, let's save this one and use it again later.
It is but i dont know I've ever really experienced it much if at all before this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 10:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 10:23am
It is but i dont know I've ever really experienced it much if at all before this.
Hopefully you'll get back to tundra Tucson someday.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 9:41am
I dreamt I moved into a new apartment with like 10 other people who I mostly didn't know. At one point Im trying to get things organized and this one guy starts complaining about the cable tv remote. He's like "I cant use this it doesnt have a something button on it. And I was like ok dont use it try reading a book. He wanted us to get a higher package so he could get the fancy remote. Then at some point someone but on "The Witness" 80s Harrison Ford movie. And my son was there and he's complaining about the movie being from the 50s. Then this little kid comes up to me and says I wanna watch Malcolm X. At which point I started looking for the book Id been reading.

Then Im out driving and in my head Im going to Tuscon (maybe I'll see Kory). It looks nothing like Tuscon but Id been to this place in a prior dream. The streets start getting narrower and there's broken glass and junk all over. The streets turn into tiny paths and I come over this hill and there's a frozen body of water. And a good 50 yards f4om it is all frozen too. I get out of the car to walk around but I realize it is to icy and if I go any further I won't be able to make it up the incline to my car so I go back. Its all trailers and broken down cars and not a person to be seen so I get back in the car to leave. Im driving back and suddenly Im driving thru a field and realize Im on the wrong road/path and then Im not in a car anymore but on foot trying to get up a really steep hill. Then I think I woke up.

This was one of my rare memorable cases of some dream continuity in that Id gone to this Tuscon place before and also inadvertently took the wrong path on my return.
I'm still hung up on the guy bitching about the remote. I know someone like that. :shifty: (not me)

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 1:09pm
revbob wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 9:41am

I'm still hung up on the guy bitching about the remote. I know someone like that. :shifty: (not me)
Yeah he was telling me its only $X more per month. I wasn't having it.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

I don't remember the dream, but I woke up clapping my hands this morning. That was weird.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 2:11pm
I don't remember the dream, but I woke up clapping my hands this morning. That was weird.
Heston accepting his OBE ?

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

revbob wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 2:14pm
Olaf wrote:
I don't know but usually my dreams aren't that Anglocentric.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Olaf wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 2:19pm
revbob wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 2:14pm
Olaf wrote:
I don't know but usually my dreams aren't that Anglocentric.
So it involved the Scorpions maybe?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
Giving Frau Merkel a deserved ovation for best performance in a rom-com (acting opposite Jon Voight)?

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

What you guys suggest is the stuff of nightmares. I'd wake up screaming, not applauding.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 6:27am
What you guys suggest is the stuff of nightmares. I'd wake up screaming, not applauding.
Well, aren't you hoity-toity hard to please!

What I experienced last night wasn't a dream, really, but a sort of grinding thru a memory barrier. For some reason, right before I fell asleep, I tried to remember the name of the key French Situationist. Just a complete blank. I could see him, the famous photo of him smoking a cigar, but no name. Throughout the night, I'd wake up and try to remember the name. Nothing, and fall asleep. And then around 3, I woke up and thought, "Guy!" But that's it. Maybe an hour later, "Guy Desrosiers! No, not right." Then when the alarm went off and I woke up, I had it: Guy Debord. No idea why I should forget the name but neat how my brain was working on it while I was asleep.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 7:40am
Olaf wrote:

What I experienced last night wasn't a dream, really, but a sort of grinding thru a memory barrier. For some reason, right before I fell asleep, I tried to remember the name of the key French Situationist. Just a complete blank. I could see him, the famous photo of him smoking a cigar, but no name. Throughout the night, I'd wake up and try to remember the name. Nothing, and fall asleep. And then around 3, I woke up and thought, "Guy!" But that's it. Maybe an hour later, "Guy Desrosiers! No, not right." Then when the alarm went off and I woke up, I had it: Guy Debord. No idea why I should forget the name but neat how my brain was working on it while I was asleep.
Forget it, what about even knowing it?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 8:30am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 7:40am
Olaf wrote:

Forget it, what about even knowing it?
Ha! He's important for my popular culture class—I talk about Debord and his idea of the spectacle in my KISS lecture—and to a lesser degree my punk class (McLaren was influenced by the Situationists, and both Jon Savage and Greil Marcus really pushed the connection to explaining punk).