Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by Olaf »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:17am
Olaf wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 10:56am
I dreamt I pulled out the toenail of my big toe and there were tiny picture cards behind it. I think one showed the Taj Mahal.

And yet I had no doubt the nail was gone. I was thinking "Dang, guess I have to see a doctor now..."
Speaking of my stomach doing flips …
That's a pretty strong reaction to Mughal architecture.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 12:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:23am
Kimmelweck wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:21am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 10:21am
Ugh, that's horrible. Whatever adjustments I've had to make to my life—chiefly, I don't drive anymore—it's nothing compared to what so many epileptics go thru. Just terrible, especially when they don't have any warning that an episode is coming on. Frankly, I feel like a bit of a poseur in comparison. Yeah, I'm in the club, but not really in the club.
Glad to hear your situation is of the milder sort. Bill’s older brother Craig (a year and a half older) saw more of it than I did. The upside was that Craig got to play on our little league team a year beyond the upper age limit, to keep an eye on his brother. Craig was like 6 feet tall and weighed about 165 pounds at age 13, and he was our ringer. Never knew a bigger kid. I recall one game, it was the bottom of the 9th, and we were down a run with 2 out and a guy on second. Craig took the first pitch and parked it. As he rounded 3rd, celebrating his game winning homer, the asshole ump yelled, very late, “foul ball!” Well, Craig was pissed. Tears of rage streamed down his red face. He went back to the plate, furious and shaking. The pitcher was probably 4’8” and 110 pounds and he was terrified. Craig took the next pitch and parked it again. Only this time, the ball sailed over the right field fence, over the second ball field beyond the fence, over the right field fence of the second ball field, and into a pond. A double homer, fueled by total angry Hulk strength. It would have easily been a homer in any MLB park. That’s probably my best baseball memory, or at least right up there with my Willie Stargell chicken wing story. :lol:
Sweet. I hope he glared at the ump the entire time he rounded the bases the second time.
He sure did – he probably outweighed the ump, who was maybe 17 years old.

While I’m on the subject of head injuries, one more story about a bell-ringer of my own. When I was about 9, we would play “smash-up derby” on our bikes in the court across the street. We’d just ride head-on into each other like little idiots – it seemed like a good idea at the time. On one occasion, I was facing off against Craig, who easily outweighed me by about 40 pounds back then. We circled each other like gladiators. My last memory was of the two of us turning our bikes toward each other, about 50 feet apart. I awoke several minutes later on the couch in my parents’ living room, a couple hundred feet away from the scene of the collision, like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, surrounded by the scarecrow, tin man and lion, and I think Auntie Em, who were actually my very-relieved parents and friends. Craig had carried me the distance. He was a good guy. :twitch:
Ah, the nostalgia for being young, stupid, and indestructible. The dumb shit that freaks me out in retrospect is sledding in unsafe places, with trees and barriers in the path, and aiming for them, jumping out of the way at the last second. That no one was ever really hurt is amazing.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Olaf wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 12:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:17am
Olaf wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 10:56am
I dreamt I pulled out the toenail of my big toe and there were tiny picture cards behind it. I think one showed the Taj Mahal.

And yet I had no doubt the nail was gone. I was thinking "Dang, guess I have to see a doctor now..."
Speaking of my stomach doing flips …
That's a pretty strong reaction to Mughal architecture.
In my life, I've accumulated a long list of bars I'm banned from for overly passionate arguments about world architecture. And more than a few people who regret not sharing my vision.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 7:54am
Interesting event last night. The dream wasn't anything special. There was a beautiful and large old bookstore that was going up for sale. I was involved in its sale in some way. One buyer wanted to preserve it, the old looked at all the aesthetic touches as financial liabilities and would be better sold off. Then I encountered an old co-worker—not from when I worked at a bookstore but as a researcher—and then got a gut flip in the dream and real life, the kind I often get when I have a seizure. I either woke up right away or shortly thereafter and had the telltale sweat of a seizure. Notable, too, because I'd had a seizure early that day. Those things normally come in clusters—I'll have, like, three in a month—but rarely so quickly. Clearly, Jesus is signalling me to enact His plan.
Egads. Hope you're all right.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 1:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Interesting event last night. The dream wasn't anything special. There was a beautiful and large old bookstore that was going up for sale. I was involved in its sale in some way. One buyer wanted to preserve it, the old looked at all the aesthetic touches as financial liabilities and would be better sold off. Then I encountered an old co-worker—not from when I worked at a bookstore but as a researcher—and then got a gut flip in the dream and real life, the kind I often get when I have a seizure. I either woke up right away or shortly thereafter and had the telltale sweat of a seizure. Notable, too, because I'd had a seizure early that day. Those things normally come in clusters—I'll have, like, three in a month—but rarely so quickly. Clearly, Jesus is signalling me to enact His plan.
Egads. Hope you're all right.
I'm a bit cotton-headed today and I skipped exercise—might go for a walk in a bit—but, nah, I'm fine. As I said to Kimmelweck, I'm in the club but not really in the club.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 12:24pm
Ah, the nostalgia for being young, stupid, and indestructible. The dumb shit that freaks me out in retrospect is sledding in unsafe places, with trees and barriers in the path, and aiming for them, jumping out of the way at the last second. That no one was ever really hurt is amazing.
Yeah, amazing any of us survived those days. I remember my previously-mentioned buddy Bill had a bow and arrow set when we were kids, and his specialty was to shoot an arrow straight up in the air. All us kids would squint skyward, waiting for it to reappear. Oh, how we’d laugh as it eventually plunged into the lawn at our feet. One day, my mom saw it and snapped both the bow and arrow over her knee. Bill cried and my mom felt bad, so she gave him 5 bucks. :lol:
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hadn't read your dream post all the way through until just now, sure hope everything is OK and it was a one off, not part of a trifecta.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Apparently I was shouting "corned beef omelette" in my sleep last night.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Heston wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 9:30pm
Seems odd, but I don't recall ever dreaming about food. Maybe a dream with a restaurant as part of the setting, but the food never featured in the dream. Huh.

I’d try a corned beef omelette though. Sounds like good hangover food.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 7:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 12:24pm
Yeah, amazing any of us survived those days. I remember my previously-mentioned buddy Bill had a bow and arrow set when we were kids, and his specialty was to shoot an arrow straight up in the air. All us kids would squint skyward, waiting for it to reappear. Oh, how we’d laugh as it eventually plunged into the lawn at our feet. One day, my mom saw it and snapped both the bow and arrow over her knee. Bill cried and my mom felt bad, so she gave him 5 bucks. :lol:
Dumb ass kids like us is the reason you can't get lawn darts anymore.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Sparky wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 7:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hadn't read your dream post all the way through until just now, sure hope everything is OK and it was a one off, not part of a trifecta.
Thanks. There's a decent chance another seizure will be coming in the next week or so, and then I'll probably be fine for, like, six months. Nobody knows what the trigger is, but it's infrequent.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 10:39pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Thanks. There's a decent chance another seizure will be coming in the next week or so, and then I'll probably be fine for, like, six months. Nobody knows what the trigger is, but it's infrequent.
Listening to KISS again?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 10:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 10:39pm
Sparky wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Listening to KISS again?
That causes a melange of contempt, bemusement, and boredom.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Heston wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 9:30pm
:lol:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I've been sleeping only 4 hours a night for the past few months and having really weird dreams. That's all.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc