Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 8:18am
revbob wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 6:50am
Dont really recall this well. I was at one point riding my bike in the dark then met up with Doc and some other people. Doc and I shared a steak at some pub. At one point Bob Mould came on the radio. When we headed out it was still night time but totally like day light. And I had an armful of velcro who I tried to convince someone to take but they also had an armload. More weird shit I cant recall
So who picked up the tab on the steak?
Most likely I did.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 9:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dont really recall this well. I was at one point riding my bike in the dark then met up with Doc and some other people. Doc and I shared a steak at some pub. At one point Bob Mould came on the radio. When we headed out it was still night time but totally like day light. And I had an armful of velcro who I tried to convince someone to take but they also had an armload. More weird shit I cant recall
Most likely I did.
Okay, good. Being vegetarian, I can't imagine eating a steak and paying for it.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 9:23am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Most likely I did.
You been a vegetarian this whole time? I feel like I should have known this.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Most likely I did.
You didn't eat it like a vegetarian.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 10:16am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Most likely I did.
You didn't eat it like a vegetarian.
It'd be rude if someone else is buying.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 9:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Most likely I did.
You been a vegetarian this whole time? I feel like I should have known this.
Last couple years, but I'm not militant or judgmental about it. If I'm a guest and someone serves me meat, I'll eat it without complaint, but if I'm choosing I forego meat now.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dreamt last night that we lived in a world where actors could be erased from history entirely. I was trying to find two particular character actresses of the 90s, both made extra difficult because I couldn't remember their names so had to go through the movies they were in to find out they never existed.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 1:00pm
Dreamt last night that we lived in a world where actors could be erased from history entirely. I was trying to find two particular character actresses of the 90s, both made extra difficult because I couldn't remember their names so had to go through the movies they were in to find out they never existed.
A world without Tom Cruise? Le sigh …

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 1:16pm
Kory wrote:
We'd definitely be worse off without Eyes Wide Shut and Magnolia.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 4:01pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Wouldn't the role be recast with someone less homophobic, cultish, and just plain off-putting?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 4:13pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Wouldn't the role be recast with someone less homophobic, cultish, and just plain off-putting?
Perhaps, but the performance wouldn't be as good.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 4:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
I'd happily take the gamble with Henry Winkler. (I seriously can't stand Tom Cruise; his popularity and success grates on my sense of justice.)

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 4:28pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I'd happily take the gamble with Henry Winkler. (I seriously can't stand Tom Cruise; his popularity and success grates on my sense of justice.)
The Fonz would certainly be an interesting addition to Magnolia. I'd watch it.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
As much as I want to not like Tom Cruise, I just can't. I don't remember his homophobia, but yeah, the cult thing is a pretty big deal. Still, the dude has charisma for days and he's been in too many good, big action movies over the years not to like.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 4:28pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You took the words out of my mouth. Ive seen neither of the aforementioned movies (I avoid his and Dicaprios movies) but Im sure another actor could have done an equal or better job.