Thread of Dreams

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Thread of Dreams

Post by JennyB »

Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 12:06pm
Dreamed that I was gazing out of my upstairs kitchen window towards the row of houses to the east. Though the land around my house is actually completely flat, there was now a large hill formation several hundred feet high looming behind the row of houses, a couple hundred feet or so in the background and covered with rain-forest-like trees and vegetation. The sky behind was grey, but there was a rainbow, and the vegetation was a vivid bright green. Out of the southern side of the hill, attached to the natural rock, was a launching pad, on which sat a space-shuttle-like rocket ship several hundred feet high that towered just higher than the hill itself. It gleamed white in the angled sunlight. It seemed like it had always been there, like some kind of town utility, and I remember thinking that I should really appreciate the scenery around my house a bit more.

I went out to work in the yard, and by that point my house was just a single story log cabin. I was aware that my brother was staying at another cabin a couple miles away, and that he had my dog (who has been dead nearly 25 years) with him. Just as I was missing my dog and wondering why he wasn’t staying with me, my brother pulled up in a car. Out of the car came my dog and my brother, his current girlfriend and her whole family (parents and siblings). I was thrilled to have a reunion with my dog, while my brother’s girlfriend (who he actually met long after my dog was gone) and her family went inside my cabin and each claimed one of the 5 cots that were there. I wondered how I would tell them that one of those cots was mine and I wasn’t actually expecting them to stay very long. Then I woke up.

The highlight was seeing my dog. I love those occasional dreams where it really feels like I get to be with him again for a while.
That's an awesome dream. I would love to have a dream where I reunite with my dog.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

JennyB wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 1:59pm
That's an awesome dream. I would love to have a dream where I reunite with my dog.
Yup, I always hate to wake up from those dreams.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Kimmelweck wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 8:30pm
JennyB wrote:
29 Apr 2021, 1:59pm
Yup, I always hate to wake up from those dreams.
That's the downside.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I dreamt I enrolled in college again.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A pair of intertwined dreams, or narratives, that was quite involved, but I've only retained bits and pieces. The key parts are that I invented a process for freeze drying and vacuum sealing sandwiches so that they'd never go bad and, like alcohol, improve with age, so a fifty-year-old BLT would be the greatest eating experience ever. At the same time, I took up running, except it took place only at night, in late fall, and in rural Saskatchewan, so I was running on grid roads, tho occasionally I'd cut thru people's homes. This annoyed my family, who kept arranging big family meals that I'd avoid because I was running, despite being really cold and in danger of being hit in the dark.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2021, 6:28am
A pair of intertwined dreams, or narratives, that was quite involved, but I've only retained bits and pieces. The key parts are that I invented a process for freeze drying and vacuum sealing sandwiches so that they'd never go bad and, like alcohol, improve with age, so a fifty-year-old BLT would be the greatest eating experience ever. At the same time, I took up running, except it took place only at night, in late fall, and in rural Saskatchewan, so I was running on grid roads, tho occasionally I'd cut thru people's homes. This annoyed my family, who kept arranging big family meals that I'd avoid because I was running, despite being really cold and in danger of being hit in the dark.
You're quite the inventor in your dreams I love it.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

I had a fairly messed up dream last night, only a minute or two long, that I was sitting at my desk next to an open upstairs window (where I am sitting now, typing this), and through the closed blinds I heard a commotion in the grassy vacant corner lot next door. There was some yelling and what sounded like dogs barking/howling, but the dogs sounded a bit strange, so I raised the blinds to look out. It was mid-morning and the sun was shining. (For background: there is a railroad track on a 30ft-high raised bed that runs behind the houses across the street from me, which provides a corridor for wildlife, deer, fox, coyotes, etc., to move between various wooded lots within a few miles of my house. On rare occasions they wind up in my yard.)

When I looked out the window, I saw a pack of 8-10 large grey wolves (not at all indigenous to Western New York) invading the grassy lot from the corner. They had obviously traveled down the railroad track to get there. They were fanned out in a pack-hunting formation and moving slowly. A kid with a backpack, who had been crossing the lot, was standing there in a dark blue windbreaker, frozen in fear, and appeared to be resisting the urge to run lest he be chased down. There were a few onlookers at the opposite corner of the lot, and neighborhood dogs were barking. My old long-dead dog was with me at the window, and I had to hold him back with my arm around his neck to keep him from leaping out the window. A kid came running up from one of the adjacent yards and yelled out that there was a dead girl in the backyard with her midsection missing and her intestines eaten. As I considered grabbing a baseball bat or machete and heading out into the yard to drive off the wolves, I woke up.
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kimmelweck wrote:
27 May 2021, 7:59am
I had a fairly messed up dream last night, only a minute or two long, that I was sitting at my desk next to an open upstairs window (where I am sitting now, typing this), and through the closed blinds I heard a commotion in the grassy vacant corner lot next door. There was some yelling and what sounded like dogs barking/howling, but the dogs sounded a bit strange, so I raised the blinds to look out. It was mid-morning and the sun was shining. (For background: there is a railroad track on a 30ft-high raised bed that runs behind the houses across the street from me, which provides a corridor for wildlife, deer, fox, coyotes, etc., to move between various wooded lots within a few miles of my house. On rare occasions they wind up in my yard.)

When I looked out the window, I saw a pack of 8-10 large grey wolves (not at all indigenous to Western New York) invading the grassy lot from the corner. They had obviously traveled down the railroad track to get there. They were fanned out in a pack-hunting formation and moving slowly. A kid with a backpack, who had been crossing the lot, was standing there in a dark blue windbreaker, frozen in fear, and appeared to be resisting the urge to run lest he be chased down. There were a few onlookers at the opposite corner of the lot, and neighborhood dogs were barking. My old long-dead dog was with me at the window, and I had to hold him back with my arm around his neck to keep him from leaping out the window. A kid came running up from one of the adjacent yards and yelled out that there was a dead girl in the backyard with her midsection missing and her intestines eaten. As I considered grabbing a baseball bat or machete and heading out into the yard to drive off the wolves, I woke up.
The wolves represent success and the kids represent Buffalo sports fans. Next! :shifty:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 May 2021, 8:32am
Kimmelweck wrote:
27 May 2021, 7:59am

The wolves represent success and the kids represent Buffalo sports fans. Next! :shifty:
:lol:

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

I woke up at 3am from what felt like a long dream and immediately typed it up. I was on something like a rafting trip, only there was no raft – I was actually in the water. The day was warm and slightly overcast, and I was wearing swimming trunks. I don’t remember how we got in the water, but I was in the middle of a huge, half-mile-wide, very fast-moving river with several other people. The surface was fairly smooth and the water was clear, with a greenish tint to the depths, and moving unusually fast for a large river, like 35mph (55km/h). There was no sign of civilization on either side of the river, and the location felt fairly remote. I had nothing else with me except a 10 x 18 inch inflatable pillow of clear plastic, like a tightly inflated 10mil clear plastic bag, heat sealed at both ends, which I clung to the entire time in order to keep afloat. Most of the trip, I either held on to it out in front of me, or floated with it under my chest. I didn’t recognize any of the other people in the dream, but we all seemed to know each other. There seemed to be some kind of guide watching us too, and everyone had an identical clear plastic float like mine. Sometimes I was right next to 1 or 2 people making limited small talk, which I don’t remember, but mostly we were separated by a hundred feet or more. At one point, in the middle of the river, for some reason someone tried to hand me a dry, folded sweater, but I didn’t take it. The whole time, I was zipping along on the surface really fast. I could change my course only slightly, by angling my body or taking a few strokes. The dream seemed to go on and on as we zipped downriver for what seemed like maybe a couple hours – we probably covered over 60 miles.

Towards the end of the dream, we came to the equivalent of a toll booth that was stretched across the river. About 8-10 of us were collected by the current into a roofed concrete slot about 8 feet wide and 12 feet long, maybe 100 feet from the right-hand shore, with a chain-link gate across the downstream end and a concrete booth with a glass window to my left. We bobbed there for about a minute, and someone in the group yelled “Dammit Angela, you pay for a service and you should get a service!” Someone, presumably Angela, appeared smiling at the glass window and slid it back. She then pulled some kind of lever that opened the chain-link gate, said “Have fun Kiddos!”, and we were released downstream into a slackwater area with a sandy beach that was some kind of temporary exiting point, like we had completed a stage of a longer journey downriver. I woke from the dream just as we drifted towards the beach, feeling like I was still moving, as after a long drive. I was sorry to see this one end.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A religion could be built from this, leading to people worshiping Angela.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I had a dream last night that I was traveling, out west, supposedly Phoenix but it looked nothing like Phoenix. I was with some people and we stopped at a place to eat. I had this sense of deja vu within the dream. I dont know if that feeling was just part of the dream or if I'd dreamt about this same place before.

Anyway they fucked up my food and gave me a bill for like $430. I got into an argument with the owner and then he mentioned he remembered me from the last time I was there and I apparently had a problem with my food then too.

And yeah Doc I was traveling for work. I dont know if Im just more aware of this dream/work connection or if you planted a seed in my dream space.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 May 2021, 7:54pm
I had a dream last night that I was traveling, out west, supposedly Phoenix but it looked nothing like Phoenix. I was with some people and we stopped at a place to eat. I had this sense of deja vu within the dream. I dont know if that feeling was just part of the dream or if I'd dreamt about this same place before.

Anyway they fucked up my food and gave me a bill for like $430. I got into an argument with the owner and then he mentioned he remembered me from the last time I was there and I apparently had a problem with my food then too.

And yeah Doc I was traveling for work. I dont know if Im just more aware of this dream/work connection or if you planted a seed in my dream space.
If you weren't so lazy, you could have taken care of some chores, too. :naughty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kind of like last week, a couple dream narratives intertwined and I've already lost most of the story, but each were about watching sports, one football and the other hockey (I also was fleeing my family from a wedding—they were being abusive to me—but I don't recall how that really fits in). The main moment was watching this hockey game and a brawl broke out. One of the players had a folding chair that was in its flattened position and threw it like a discus at the goalie and its sliced his head off. Just lying there on the ice. Everyone was freaking out, but when I "looked" again, it was the goalie's arm that had been severed. I woke up in an adrenalin rush that also numbed my body.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jun 2021, 6:40am
Kind of like last week, a couple dream narratives intertwined and I've already lost most of the story, but each were about watching sports, one football and the other hockey (I also was fleeing my family from a wedding—they were being abusive to me—but I don't recall how that really fits in). The main moment was watching this hockey game and a brawl broke out. One of the players had a folding chair that was in its flattened position and threw it like a discus at the goalie and its sliced his head off. Just lying there on the ice. Everyone was freaking out, but when I "looked" again, it was the goalie's arm that had been severed. I woke up in an adrenalin rush that also numbed my body.
Typical lazy dreamer getting nothing done.